WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

Today’s gratitude: Blue sea, sky, even marine layer was tinged with blue, lightened my “blues” ;)
    Welcome @misssixtea Claire, @ATnowornever April and @Mags_205 Mags from NC!
    Lisa Maybe. . . ;) Love how you describe how Corey still thinks you don’t mean things that you say . . . ;)
    Margaret wise to prepare how you will respond when questions get too personal. ((hugs))
    Rita could the watch have come off when you put groceries away? Have you checked pantry/fridge/cabinets? Fingers X’d for helpful bloodwork.
    Kim good strong boundary! ((hugs))
    Tracey what is an IPP? Congrats on your 100%
    2/13: Move mins- wii:11 PT:14 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:0 stroll with D:55 Jeopardy walking:32 Steps: 7723
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-12 CI<CO net=132 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, Wt:130.7
    Today’s stroll and PT are catching up with me, time to snooze!
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited February 14
    Options
    My legs, especially the left one, were really aching last night. Couldn't get to sleep until 2.30. I ended up taking a double dose of painkillers. I tried foam roller massage, stretching, etc. Sooooo fed up with this.
    G said she had walked 16, 000 steps a day in Montpellier, but she is on steroids. I can hardly walk to the shops.
    I have the blood test this morning.
    Poor John was utterly miserable last night with his painful gum. He has the antibiotics and took a paracetamol.
    Wonderful Valentines day we will be having! :p Best laid plans .........

We are having blinis, crême fraiche, and faux caviar for lunch. Plus Jamon Iberico. Champagne, just a glass. Then finishing off the champagne in the evening with the dinner he is cooking me. Jamie Oliver's Lamb shoulder with chick peas, preserved lemons, and tomatoes. The lamb is rubbed with Ras el Hanout. That is a bit hot for him, so I advised him to use half and half Za'atar. I soaked my very old chick peas last night before I went to bed. The recipe doesn't soak them, but mine are very shrivelled! We have spinach with it. And my Christmas desserts from the freezer. Must pick up a small pot of cream.

Time to get up, make him a cup of tea, and open our presents. No not that kind today, Tracey! :|

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    Machka - I thought you might like that one, considering your coloring page choices. It's only about 300 pieces, but it was tough to put together! I struggle with spatial awareness anyway, and the wood ones come close to shading over into 3D. I think it's a really good mental exercise for me. And not expensive. Just had to keep a towel thrown over it at night to keep Egg from pushing the loose pieces onto the floor! 🐈‍⬛😹🖤

Love from Lisa in AR

I would like to do some this coming winter. :) And I will need that towel over them with Rhody around!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    @kevrit -- love tortellini!!

Machka and Rita - thanks for the pedometer information. I've had many pedometers throughout my life, and know how to measure my step length and set this new one up accordingly. ;) I'm going to fiddle with it and see if shortening or lengthening makes any difference. I've never had one with the 10 step error prevention and I think that's what's tripping it up.

Lanette
    Sunny and cool SW WA State

I wouldn't actually worry about it. I tend to underestimate my exercise anyway. For example, I don't count walking in my office building or in shops.

I figure a bit of extra exercise is just something in the bank in case my body needs it to burn a few extra calories.

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Regarding wills and such: I went back through my journal and realized we only finally got the wills, trust, etc., finalized last May, I honestly thought it had been longer. I started the process with the lawyer in February and then we signed it all about 90 days later. It was a HUGE weight off my shoulders and wasn't terribly expensive.

It's not that I was worried the kids would take everything or anything like that - it just makes me glad to know that our most responsible child will be the trustee if anything happens to either one of us. We don't have to rely on any of our scattered siblings to try to take care of things. And our daughter won't have to deal with probate, etc. I strongly recommend it, whether you are married, single or widowed.

The nap was a bust - a catnap at best. Ah well, I can get a few things done this morning. Cleaned like a maniac yesterday, so the house is in good shape today.

Later y'all,
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Lisa in AR