NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Small changes are good and more sustainable in the future. Stop thinking about what you used to be able to do. I go down that rabbit hole, too, and it’s never productive. @trooworld Unfortunately some doctors don’t give good advice and I think have a lot of ego. I’m glad you had a drama free day and DH is better. I’ve been wanting to try the chicken gnocchi soup. Hi, all. I have had a busy day. DH and I went grocery shopping. He bought me red roses for Valentines Day. When we got home I made roasted red peppers and tomato soup. It was really good. I rode my bike and talked to my cousin. Also did a Peloton workout. I baked Skinnytaste breakfast cookies. I used PB2 to save calories. Also used 2 tablespoons currants and 2 tablespoons Lily’s chocolate chips. They look good. I’ll have 2 for breakfast tomorrow morning with 1 egg and coffee. Tonight is family dinner. My cousin got us a deal on crab legs and my son is preparing them. Salad and boiled red potatoes plus Italian bread.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,972 Member
    edited February 14
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you. It was a psychiatrist, not a regular MD. It took me years to find a medication that worked: I tried probably 10-15 meds before landing on this one. So, while there may be one out there, I hesitate to try as when I am off my meds/not on proper meds, my mood is so awful. Also, I looked it up and the only time my med causes weight gain is if it is combined with certain other depression meds and I'm not on any other depression meds. My normal psychiatrist also said it doesn't cause weight gain. That doctor doesn't know what he is talking about. I'm going to continue to look into this with my regular psychiatrist but I really am nervous about changing anything. The soup was delicious, so good! Way to go, that's a nice walk.

@fabgeekmom I think this was the case with this one. Yes, try that soup! :D Aww, how sweet of your DH. Great job with the bike, you are always so dedicated to your exercise and I really admire that. How nice that you can have regular dinners with your family: my family lives all over the East Coast and I never see them.

Hi all. I had an ok day yesterday, I ended it under in calories. I made this Tuscan chicken last night with a side salad and because my chicken piece was so small and the salad was basically air, I was still hungry after we ate. I hate a mini-bag of popcorn and that helped. Anyone celebrating Valentine's Day today? I am dressing in red and pink clothing and wearing jewelry that is heart-themed but we aren't celebrating until Saturday.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I really do appreciate that I live so close to my family. I could walk to my daughter’s house and my cousin who is like a sister lives nearby. That soup sounds good but I don’t think I can find chicken sausage. I’ll have to look for it. Hi, all. We’re not doing anything different for Valentines Day. Swim day. Burgers and fries with salad for dinner. Our crab legs were good last night. I have 2 packages in the freezer for another night. My breakfast cookies were good. I gave 2 to my daughter last night and froze the others for later.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,233 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Your food always sound good. Especially that roasted red pepper/tomato soup. I love tomato soup in the winter. I need to make some.

@trooworld You know your body better than anyone. If you've tried that many then probably best to stay on it. Although I was laughing to myself. I'd rather be a *kitten* and thin. :D We really don't do anything special on Valentine's Day. Your jewelry sounds fun. I had picked out a recipe for some Valentine Day wafer cookies but then decided we don't really need it. Best not to make them.

I walked 25 min on the treadmill. I put on a walking video through Hawaii. When it looked like I was going up a hill I put on the incline and then back down again when necessary.

Also I had ordered some shoe organizers and rearranged my shoes and purses. It looks so much better now. Now I need to do my jewelry.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm all caught up reading. My dance card has been booked the past four days. Bookclub, firepit party, I know I had something on Saturday but don't remember what. Yesterday I turned 60. Went to Texas Roadhouse and then to a separate restaurant for a piece of cheesecake. That was my bday cake. I didn't want a whole one left over for days sitting on my counter as I know I would keep eating it. This morning I was supposed to meet a friend for breakfast but she didn't sleep well and didn't hear her alarm. So I waited a bit and then ordered my breakfast for take out. We'll do it next week.

I'm beginning to make a habit out of going to the gym at 11:30 a.m. I'm shooting for Tues-Sat. So we are getting one piece of the puzzle in place. I made the apple cauliflower salad for lunch but then realized I didn't have enough apples so I sliced some figs up and threw those in.

@trooworld How is your hubby now? The pugs are so cute

@cbabie How are the kiddos? On the 21 min of walking, ask yourself instead How can I make this commitment? The answer will come.

@fabgeekmom They ought to make the game earlier in the day I think. Everyone is always so tired the next day. I was glad the Chiefs won. We love to watch football. I'm more of the half-time show person in the family though. But I usually sit and read and watch.

@gemwolf110 How is this semester? You keeping up with everything?

Term ends Sunday but already finished the assignment. So I’m done ✅ Now it’s to get all the projects done or at least started that I put off during the term.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I couldn't find chicken sausage either, so I used pork Italian sausage. I'm glad your food was good!

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, I will talk to my doctor who knows me and knows the medications I've tried. I don't know if you realize but your word was turned into "kitten" lol. I think I can guess what you wanted to say lol. I'm just totally intolerable when I'm off my medication. :D Everyone loved my outfit yesterday, I got a lot of compliments. That's good you knew yourself and knew better than to make the cookies. That sounds nice, the walk through Hawaii, great idea! I have sooooo much jewelry. I have one of those standing mirrors that has storage inside and I love it but my jewelry collection is such that it is a mess in there lol. I was just thinking I need to go through and pair down.

@gemwolf110 That's great you get a break. Congrats on getting your assignment done early.

Hi all. If I didn't forget to track something, I was under again yesterday. I should be under again today. I realized something about myself yesterday: I like ice in my water. I don't drink as much when I don't put ice in it.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @gemwolf110 You sound like you have it all under control

@trooworld *kitten* that roars. lol Guess the word po-po got me. Glad you understood me. lol You sound like you are doing well on your tracking and staying under.

Just an observation I had: I'm drinking water in the same mug I used to drink tea in while I post to you all. Another small change I'm trying to add to my life. I hope all these changes start working somehow.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    AFternoon all, I have to leave to pick up baby girl from school, but wanted to pop in and say morning. I have been so sick and tired of congestion and cough. Last night baby boy decided at 1 he was up and wanted to play until 3:30...so today I am working on staying alive, staying alive..LOL.

I will go back and read all the post, but this page I read... @trooworld listen to your Dr who knows you. I read your post and thought to myself we gets all kinds of "educated" advice, but in reality we know our bodies and we should listen. Glad you found out what causes you to drink more water..I follow a group and her "plan" is water and veggies first. Drink 16 oz when your first get up and the drink that before each meal...then veggies.. LOL. I am learning new things too

@theslightedgeforever little things do make a difference...just keep tweaking!!!

@gemwolf110 great job on getting done before your deadline..glad you stopped in to let us know.

@fabgeekmom I haven't had time to read all the post, but I am sure you are cooking something good today! :). I will read and see what you have been up to while I was out "ill".

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie I was glad to hear from you but sorry to hear you still have sickness in the family. Baby boy playing in the wee hours is hard. I know you are tired. Learning new things is good! @gemw1010 I am glad you are doing well with your schoolwork. @theslightedgeforever Good job on finding a way to walk on the treadmill that holds your interest. @trooworld Good job on training and drinking water. I like ice in my water,too. Hi, all. I was busy this morning with a doctor’s appointment and grocery shopping. DH and I went for a walk and it wasn’t too cold. After lunch I rode my bike. My son is home today and made seafood stock from the crab shells. He’s also making air fried chicken and coleslaw for tonight. I’m making polenta.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever LOL! I am but I still had a gain this week. Oh well. I'll keep plugging along. Was there leftover tea in the mug? That might be kind of nice. Hang in there.

@cbabie Oh no! I'm so sorry you are sick. Oh gosh, you must be so tired. I agree and am going to talk to MY doctor. Forget that quack! LOL That's a really good idea about the water and veggies. Feel better!

@fabgeekmom Thank you! Is it scenic where you live? Did you enjoy the bike ride? Or, are you talking about your indoor bike? I don't even know if you have an outdoor bike? Yummy dinner! We had Skinnytaste's Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Bowls. I've made it before and we really like it.

Hi all. Yesterday went okay. I wasn't under in cals but not by much. However, I still had a 0.6 lb gain this week. Today, I'm getting my hair cut. I stopped coloring it months ago so it won't take too long, which I'm happy about.

Water yesterday: 70 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld It’s really hard when you do what you’re supposed to do and still gain weight. I know because I have been there. At any rate you are doing the right things and eating healthy. Also it shows you need the surgery. But I am sure you already know that. The bike is an indoor bike. I forgot to specify. I have not ridden a bike since I was a child. I tried a few years ago but my balance is off and if I fall I would really hurt myself. Plus traffic is horrible. The enchilada bowls sound good but my family would want some kind of grain. I did something similar with turkey chili and I was the only one who liked it. Hi, all. I’m feeling stiff this morning. Luckily today is a swim day. Tonight is steak night.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes, it is. True! Ah gotcha. I don't blame you for not wanting to ride an outdoor bike, it's far too dangerous here, too. That's too bad but the food you guys make sounds amazing! Sorry about your stiffness. Do you have arthritis? Enjoy steak night!

Hi all. I did not do well yesterday. But today is a new day. I have such a busy day but it will be good: this morning, I am trying out two different Spanish tutors in 30 min each classes. I also have to get groceries. Then, later, after my husband visits his brother, we are going to go down by the bay and walk from there to Little Italy and walk around. We are getting fresh pasta and a nice bottle of wine and making dinner. It should be fun.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Yes, I have arthritis. And my leg that I broke a few years ago still hurts. Swimming and other exercise helps. I remember Little Italy fondly. Have fun. Hi, all. I made baked oatmeal for breakfast. It was good. DH’s had a ripe mashed banana,egg, old fashioned oats, dried fruit, walnuts and cinnamon's. Mine was the same except I had dark cocoa powder and no dried fruit and nuts. I added reconstituted PB2 on mine. Now I am making vegetable soup. A dump everything and let it simmer. My daughter had Covid so we are not eating with her and her family this weekend. So far she said it’s like a cold. Tonight DH, my son and I are eating at a Mediterranean restaurant.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Me, too. I'm glad swimming and other things help. I love Little Italy! So exciting and the food and coffee is excellent. Sorry about your daughter's COVID. I hope she gets better quickly.

Hi all. I thought I'd gotten on here yesterday but apparently, I did not. We had a lot of fun in Little Italy. My husband had already walked 20,000 steps before we went down there so unfortunately, he did not want to walk down to the harbor. We went to the Little Italy farmer's market and got fresh pasta (fettuccine), a small amount of artisan cheese (truffle gouda), a loaf of sourdough focaccia and then we walked around. I bought a bottle of Italian red wine from my favorite Italian grocery store. We came home and my husband made dinner: garlic bread out of that loaf, a simple marinara sauce over the fettuccine, and it was delicious! Then, we stopped at a used bookstore and got some books and then stopped with our books and had a beer. We had also stopped at a comic book store. Yesterday, we went out for another beer and split a small cheese plate. We grilled hot dogs and had potato salad. Today, I am smoking a turkey breast. We also have to fix our kitchen sink: there is a leak. Here are some pictures from Saturday...

Water yesterday: 12 oz

dobqchwv3r77.jpg
    nzr8kykp0t5c.jpg
    dae459ok2aye.jpg
    j1j712skcrja.jpg
    3l5r127g8ioy.jpg
    beneaqpa0ysu.jpg
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Your day at Little Italy sounded wonderful. The meal, too. I have read the Lisa See book. I also read her latest which was good, too. Hi, all. I had a nice weekend. My son prepared Rhode Island clam chowder yesterday. It had a clear broth and had fresh clams. It was really good and we have leftovers for dinner. Today is a swim day.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom It was really fun! The only Lisa See book I have read is Lady Tan's Circle of Women and I really liked that, so I thought I'd give this a chance. Wow, great dinner! I hope you enjoyed your swim.

Hi all. Well, the leak in the faucet is more than my DH can do so our handyman is coming this morning to replace the faucet and fix the leak. The smoked turkey came out well except I had to put it in the oven when it came off the grill as it wasn't quite done. We had mac and cheese and sauteed brussels sprouts with it. Yummy. Tonight, we are having Vietnamese Ginger Chicken over rice. It sounds pretty boring, hopefully it isn't.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I read that book, too. I check Libby to see if new books are available and put a hold on them. Your dinner sounds good and not being. The smoked turkey also sounds good. I love Brussels sprouts and Mac and cheese. Good luck with the faucet. Hi, all. My son is making pizza tonight even though we’re not having family dinner. He’s going to make an extra one and take it to my daughter and her family. He’s making cake tomorrow to take to them so my granddaughter can have a birthday cake.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Morning all, LOL I laughed at myself I got on to check this and there was a message I started Saturday and never finished. So I will try try try again. Not much has changed here, still trying to eat better, sleep more and move more. Been going on walks the last 2 days it's nice here in the afternoons. Eating still working on..I have been so sick and just didn't want to cook.

@trooworld I loved your pictures of Little Italy. Oh that book store. How fun. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your faucet. Glad it can be fixed today though.

@fabgeekmom So sorry to hear about your daughter being sick. Covid stinks. I am glad your son is cooking extra, how sweet of him. Glad you are still keeping your body moving even though it's cold.. Just wait until summer and then you can walk outside. LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I love the pics of Little Italy. My favorite was the bookstore. I could smell it.

@fabgeekmom Sorry about your daughter being sick.

@cbabie I'm glad you are out walking in the afternoons

I am just plugging along. I had a brilliant idea last night to go back to Aug of 2019 when I started losing weight and just follow my food diaries day by day. I'll have to go look at my fitbit and see what kind of exercise I was doing.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie Glad you’re going on walks and sorry you have been sick. @theslightedgeforever Good idea to use what has previously worked.