NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld, how are you feeling today? I agree that finding stuff to make chicken noodle soup could be tough these days. :/

@RetiredAndLovingIt, that is concerning about your DD possibly being exposed! Hopefully, she will be just fine! But I know it’s worrisome right now. <3

@theslightedgeforever, I think as long as we all feel well, we will continue to meet in person at the church. At least I hope so! Yeah, we are all sitting in front of TV’s these days. My mom is spending her days watching TV and typing her life story on her laptop. She does wish that she could go out to the store with me but understands that she will NOT be leaving this house until this thing is over. Hey, I like your roll a dice game! Knowing me I would “roll” a lot of sixes. :D

@its_cleo, that is good that you will get outside today. I read that Beachbody on Demand is offering a free 14-day trial. Lots of great cardio on there! :)

Good morning! I woke up with a huge rip in my bottom sheet. We knew that we needed to replace them but didn’t plan on doing it today! I told DH that talking about having more than one set just got real. :s I ordered a new set from Target and will use their pick-up service for the first time. Yesterday, I went to Walmart and it was packed, and the shelves were empty! They did have lots of chicken feet available in the meat aisle, but I feel that I’m not quite at the place yet where I needed to look up chicken feet recipes. :D Agenda for today is to work out, clean house, play with the dog in the backyard because the weather is gorgeous, drink coffee, put my 2000-piece puzzle together and of course binge watch the news. Stay safe! <3

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Well today is the first virtual WW meeting I will attend. I'm not expecting great results at the scale. :/ Next week has to be better. I started off good but it all went to heck towards the end of the week. Blah.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I have a similar situation: a coworker went to a doctor's appointment and got a letter from the department of health that someone at the doctor's office that day tested postive for the virus. Now my coworker is feeling sick. :( I haven't been feeling great, but I don't think it's the virus, I just don't think I'm feeling well. I hope your dd is okay. That must be concerning.

@theslightedgeforever I'm going to meet with a friend that way soon. I hope my book club does that but so far, nobody has made any announcements for it. Oh I see your problem, bringing fast food home would be hard to resist! Okay good to commit to the treadmill for the next two days. That's a good committment.

@its_cleo I'm getting sick of being inside alone too. I hope you find your groove and enjoy the stairs!

COMMITTED.
    March goal: track 1 meal a day, go for a walk 1 time a week
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all..another busy day in Iowa. Lol. So far I have decluttered a few magazines that have been on my rocking chair for a month. Dh went to the grocery again, I needed medicine, & he picked up a few other things. Now we should be good for 2-3 weeks. I hate that he went, I told him just to drive thru & get the med, but he didn't listen! Men!!
    He went during the "senior" hour, but said there were all kinds of younger people there. Maybe it is only during the week.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts re:my dd. I think she is trying to be careful, so hope she is Ok. It had been at least 5 days since she saw the friend when they started running a temp, so hopefully wouldn't have been contagious. & I also hope the friend is OK, too. Can't blame the friend...I have been coughing since summer, but if people don't know that, I may make them nervous, too.

I am trying to avoid as much dairy as possible. Hoping people are right when they say avoiding it means less mucous. Might be right, because my cough seems less. Of course, if it turns dry...then i will start freaking out, lol.

@theslightedgeforever I was thinking about your dd the other day, knowing she works at Mayo. Will be praying for her safety. I think when this is all over, anyone on the "front lines" should get some extra compensation. (that includes a lot of people that are keeping the country going)

I am a "dog person", we got a puppy 2 days before we got married. What a mistake, my sis & bil still laugh about me trying to keep it from whining, saying I need some sleep or I will look terrible on Sat. I blame sis, she talked me into it! Over our marriage, we have had 3 dogs.(all at different times). The last one, Sadie, was with us for 15 1/2 yrs. Dh had to put her down when I was with dd when she was having gs. She had been failing, & went downhill really fast. That has been 9 years ago. We have decided we won't have another until we are more staying put & not traveling as much. So we like it when we get to dog sit the gdog. We have never had a cat, like I said I am a dog person, & dh is, too. (ever since he was still at home & the cat pooped on his bed!)

@trooworld Sorry, I did see it was your bicycle. I have one back in the storeroom, should move it out by the tv where the treadmill is. I like to ride the bicycle outside, inside not so much. My foot feels a lot better, able to wear shoes again, so will have to get on the treadmill again. Looks nice outside, but think it is still cold & I'm a wimp, lol.

@TeresaW1020 Chicken feet?? yummy (not) Be careful meeting in person at church since it can be spread without a person having symptoms. (which I sure you already know!)

Just talked to dd. She is still doing OK.

Just saw on the news that the cases in our state went from 46 to 69. (I think) Thankful none of the new ones are in our county. So hard to believe the numbers coming out of NYC!! Sometimes I wish we were still in our small town instead of the biggest metro in the state, but wonder how many there are taking it seriously, thinking it will not affect them, other than grocery shortages.

Well, guess I will go do dishes, walk on the treadmill & sew a few face masks, just in case! Or I see that hospitals are asking people to make them, too. Even tho not the ideal thing for them, I guess they figure something is better than nothing.

Please stay safe friends!

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo I'd definitely cancel the vacay days if you are already staying at home. So you can use them for the first day of baseball whenever that might be.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @teresaw1020 I would hope you reconsider meeting with other people for now because of your dh and your mom. Especially with online meetings being an option. I keep reading about people testing positive and they don't show any symptoms. Then they already spread it to those that have been around them. Oh that's a good idea about your mom's life story. Yuck chicken feet. I've seen packages of those. So what happens to your WW workshops if you can't get weighed in?

@trooworld I didn't commit to the treadmill for the next two days. lol I had meant that within the next two days, I will get on the treadmill since you got on the bike. I did it today and took a pic to prove it too. I'll post it. So get back on your WW program for just one day. Focus on doing it right for today.

@retiredandlovingit So glad you can get back on the treadmill. My foot is starting to feel better too. The top of my foot was hurting. Yes, I want to see some compensation for the people and not corporations. They have enough money right now and later can make more. For now let's get the people through this. Hard to believe that in America we have to depend on people making masks for the healthcare workers. So thank you for sewing these. I saw a video today about using a bra as a mask. You cut one of the cups off and then hot glue the straps to the cup. You're right something is better than nothing. So did you stay within your boundaries today?

Yellow Day- Went Over 167/164 I'm getting closer. Exercise 41 min.

March goals- Drink 3 glasses of water o:) Declutter o:)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    vgfibtp4lzp9.jpeg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all. It was good to read all the post and see how you guys are handing this virus thing in our nation. I keep praying over our nation that God will bring unity. Just like our pledge of allegiance says...One nation under God..

I have not joined the ranks of working at home. I spent most the day on Thursday in training and then Friday it took me about 45 min to get my system up and running taking calls, etc. So the next hurdle is keeping a 19 month old from knocking on my door wanting in..LOL

I haven't been on the treadmill in a few days..I am going to start again today. I like this challenge of posting a picture when you did your workout.

Too many personals that I missed to catch up on.

I will try to get into my routine again now that I am home. I still have to be at work and I am docked if I am out of adherence..so just have to get the routine down. A new normal.

I am thankful for this community , please all of you be safe.

Here is something I posted in my FB page and I feel God telling me to post here as well. Thank you all for continuing to come here and be active in this group. Remember you neighbor might just need a virtual hug or smile and reassurance that you are still a part of their life.
    Father in Proverbs,
    Chapter 3, various verses your word says,

Do not lose sight of common sense and discernment . You can go to bed without fear, you will lie down and sleep soundly. You do not need be afraid of sudden disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked for the Lord is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap. Do not withhold good from those who deserve it when it's in your power to help them. If you can help your neighbor now, don't say come back tomorrow and then I'll help you.
    Thank you for your faithfulness.
    Amen
  • trooworld
    Options
    Good morning everyone! First off: I weighed in yesterday and was surprised that I maintained my exact weight from the week before! It was a pleasant surprise, I really thought I would gain. I need to work harder next week. A friend of mine has set up a weekly crafting Zoom hangout so I'll be going to that when I can. That should help my loneliness. I went to FOUR different stores yesterday looking for bread flour and couldn't find it! I can't find it online either. :( I made something really yummy yesterday: Butternut Squash Lasagna. It was a little work but worth it. Here's the link in case you want to try it yourself (I didn't put the cumin in the sauce and I only used 2 tsp of oil): https://sunkissedkitchen.com/butternut-squash-lasagna/#wprm-recipe-container-10543

@TeresaW1020 I'm feeling much better, thank you! Remarkably, I was able to find everything I needed for my meal plan two weeks in a row. Will the lucky streak continue? Who knows! That's a good idea to use Target's pickup service. I used it the other day and it worked well. I didn't have them bring stuff to my car, I went into their pickup area. Ick to the chicken feet!!! Stay safe too!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Men! :( Yeah, I'm not crazy about riding our spin bike but I know it's good for me. I'm glad your foot is a lot better. I'm a wimp when it comes to cold, too! :) That's nice that you are making face masks. Stay safe, too!

@theslightedgeforever Okay, good that you get on the treadmill when you can. Good job on the treadmill! I'm already back on WW. :D I was scared by last week.

@cbabie I can't believe they still have you going to work at a call center. Wow. Stay safe! I think we all have to help our neighbors if we have the opportunity. I don't have any elderly/vulnerable neighbors around me, but if I did, I would offer to help if I could.

COMMITTED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @cbabie I hope you can settle down at home without too much trouble. Your comment on your GD walking in- I think Jimmy Kimmel was trying to interview someone online over Skype or something and his little daughter walked in. It was cute and funny.

That is a nice proverb. Those words about helping others, having compassion and mercy- I wish more people could do that every day.

@theslightedgeforever great picture of your workout! I kind of wish I had a treadmill. Yeah I’m going to cancel the vacation days. More for my mental health- having a bit of work to do during the week is helping me stay grounded. …also I don’t have a dog either so there are two of us that are dog-less.

@trooworld I hope you’re feeling better.

@TeresaW1020 lol chicken feet! I feel like looking up chicken feet recipes just to see what they are. Or maybe I don’t want to know. I shouldn’t judge. But I can’t imagine there is a lot of nutritional value in chicken feet.

Well gang I’m going to be honest, I’ve pretty much fallen off the rails in the last week. I’ve exercised a little bit, but gone back to old habits of drinking too much and then getting fast food. Like last night I ordered a pizza. I think part of me- like the old part of me this week- was like-- aha! Everything is different! I can eat whatever I want and drink whatever I want and be lazy again like the good old days! Woot! Let’s party! I didn’t even track all my meals properly and I have done that steadily for almost a year.

So it’s been a week and I need to pull it together. So I will look at what exercises I would normally have done and try to find substitutes. Set some new goals.

I did do the stairs yesterday but not as much as I normally would have. I would say ¾ of the workout.
    I also cleaned my kitchen, fridge and stove, so that was productive lol.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Quick check in. This not having a schedule is sure making a person feel lazy. Literally have done nothing this weekend. Oh I guess I did make buns yesterday. Plan for today is clean the living room and go for an outdoor walk. Temps are suppose to hit 0 here today. Will also most likely put my nose in my books.

Cases in Canada have reached 1300 while Saskatchewan has reached 44

Hoping everyone is staying safe.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    Hi all, another kinda dreary day today. I think rain & possibly a little snow later today.

Thanks to all for praising me for making masks. Unfortunately, didn't get any made. Hopefully today.

Dd in OK called & that was more important at the time. Her friend is feeling better, so she is pretty confident they didn't expose her to anything. Also, facetimed with dd & kids here. Her dh got a smoker about a year ago & had smoked brisket. They brought a little package of brisket & left it on our porch. Right now, I am glad we are only 10 minutes from them, we could still go for a walk together...keeping our distance, lol. Wish they both were...guess I am like a mother hen wanting to draw her chicks close. :)

@itscleo I think the last week has gotten everyone out of sync with their goals. I haven't walked as much (altho did do 20 min on treadmill), but I normally weigh food to the gram & record. Lately, just been eyeballing it, but still recording it.

@trooworld I was thinking of making bread. I have plenty of flour (not bread flour, but regular) it would go on sale & I would pick some up. Ooops, I think I might have 2-3 packages of it now, & I don't usually use a lot of flour. My yeast is probably was outdated tho. Then, too, I probably have old, freezer burned bread or dinner rolls in the freezer to bake. Squash lasagna sound good.

@theslightedgeforever Chuckles..thinking of you walking around with a bra cup as a mask!

@cbabie Thanks for the comforting bible verse.

I was just reading something that said we shouldn't aim to just flatten the curve, we should try to stop it by mandatory shut downs everywhere. Said that is how China finally is getting rid of it in the worse province & how it kept it from spreading to other parts.

Stay safe everyone.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie hopefully you'll get your new routine figured out soon. Dh starts working from home tomorrow. This is a dry run for retirement I'm sure. Which means I'm going to have get a new routine. I haven't cooked him breakfast or lunch for 30 years except on the weekends. I said what time will you need to wake up. He says let's just play it by ear. No I'm a schedule person. What time are we eating breakfast so I can plan. I finally ended up saying there is cereal in the pantry. We'll all figure this out. When I see the word Proverbs I think of Mom.

@trooworld That's great that you maintained. Another chance this week to go lower. I keep hearing about this Zoom thing. I might do that for my buddies. Ooh, I have a butternut squash in the fridge I was looking at today but didn't know what I was going to do with it. Although I don't have lasagna noodles. I'll just substitute some other pasta. My family doesn't have to know it was supposed to be lasagna. :D Nor would they care.

@its_cleo Yes, look at what you've done right today. Then look how you can improve tomorrow. I think if we keep to our routines that we had and tweak what we can we will be okay. I get "vacationitis" when I don't have a schedule because my mind thinks I have all the time in the world to do something and I end up not doing anything. We are having to come up with a new schedule here because twice now my dh has started to go get on the treadmill only to find that my son is now on it. With being at home, my son grows crazy so I keep telling him to go burn off some stress in the gym. Unfortunately, he has chosen my dh's primetime for that. So dh didn't exercise. That's why there are supposed to be schedules and not play it by ear. lol Isn't it wild to think that almost the entire world is on slow down. Except for the crazy states who seem to be lagging behind and are letting their people do whatever. I remember seeing that newscaster doing his broadcast from home and the little girl walks in and then you see the baby in the walker come in and then you see the nanny trying to crawl on the floor trying to get them out. :D I still laugh every time I see it. I bet she got an earful when really the guy should have locked his door.
    I'm thinking they would have to fry the chicken feet til crispy. Then it would be kind of like pretzels when you eat off each toe. So I thought it would be a good idea to go look for recipes. Nope don't do it. Just the pictures got to me. I have seen pig's feet before. I guess if you grow up with that or that's all you have then you don't think about how something looks. I don't even like seeing heads on fish.

@renaegry Yes, I'm one of those that have felt lazy. I've been cooking and baking though. Which is really not a good thing for me cause that means eating it. I finally made barley soup with lots of vegetables. So I'm trying to not just make bad stuff. I made cinnamon raisin bread in my Dutch oven. Next week I plan for honey oat. I feel like a pioneer woman. I saw your little map where you walked. Good for you. Although just now thinking if it was 0 Brrrrrr. Double good for you.

@retiredandlovingit So back to weighing your food and shoot for a longer walk. My son is so ready for warmer weather. He just wants to move to TX. I said they have hurricanes and flooding there. There's always something you have to watch out for. I wonder which is the best state to live in? Or Canada. I think there's a place where it doesn't get that cold. That's good about your dd not being exposed. Bra mask! I will make sure it's one of my sexy bras too. Flatten the curve: Yes I read that. They want to flatten it so it's not as overwhelming on the healthcare system but it draws it out over a longer period of time. Which means we are stuck indoors longer. So better to just go to total shutdown. If you have gangrene in a toe you just don't let it keep moving up the foot to the leg.

Green Day- Stayed OP 167/238 Exercise-did not exercise

March goals Drink 3 glasses of water o:) Decluttering o:)

• theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @trooworld Just looked at that recipe. The squash is the noodles. lol I have one of those mandolin slicers that I never use. I hope that works.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Good morning everyone! People are being so stupid here, still going to beaches and gathering, still going to the parks and gathering, not social distancing. Grrrr!!! What's it going to take? On another note, I'm back to working at home this morning. It's going to be a struggle balancing working at home with my husband: we both need the computer. I can work without the computer for some part of the day, so we'll work out some sort of a schedule, but I don't know how this is going to work.

@its_cleo I am, thank you! I was kind of like that (who cares? Let's eat and drink all the things!) at the end of last week. I just started over with the next bite. That, and a weigh-in shocked me into being good! ;) Setting some mini-goals might help you for sure. Good luck!

@renaegry I agree, no schedule = lazy! lol Stay safe, too.

@RetiredAndLovingIt That's good your dd in OK's friend is feeling better. And how nice of dd (local) to bring you smoked brisket! That must have been delicious. Yeah, I have plenty of time on my hands so why not make bread? lol Yesterday, I made Amish Cinnamon Bread, I made an extra loaf for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. It was delicious but very, very high in points. You are lucky you have all that flour. You could sell it on the black market for $$$ lol! ;) The squash lasagna was really good.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, it's a way to connect with your friends. You should. The butternut squash lasagna: the squash IS the pasta. Just don't use as much italian seasoning as called for, it's too much...I used 1 tsp of dried italian seasoning and NO cumin! I also added 2 tsp of sugar to the sauce. It tasted like there was pasta in the lasagna. I used a mandolin to slice it really really thin. Oh I see you looked at the recipe lol. Yes, the mandolin will work, just peel it first.

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @RetiredAndLovingIt, glad that your DD is feeling OK. That is great that you know how to sew face mask. I imagine your hospital would be very grateful for them! :)

@theslightedgeforever, you know it really didn’t even occur to me that I would miss going to our staff meeting. But you are so right!! Here I am doing my very best to follow the rules by only going out for groceries and yet I think it’s fine to sit in a small room around a table with five other adults. I plan to text the staff and tell them that if they want to meet together that is on them, but I won’t be there and they can just let me know what they need from me. Thanks for the head slap! ;)

@cbabie, love that Proverb and so thankful that you posted it for us! <3 Stay safe and take care of yourself! Get on that treadmill!! ;)

@trooworld, good job on maintaining your weight. That is huge considering all the craziness we are living through. I also find it frustrating that people are living like there is no virus while the rest of us are doing our best to follow the rules. Yikes! I don't know how I would deal with having to share a computer. Good luck with that! <3

@its_cleo, I completely understand about failing off the rails. I haven’t been doing well at all this past week and woke up with my weight up almost 2 lbs. Let’s pull ourselves together, set new goals, and crush them. I have already tracked my day and will do a long workout today. And stay out of the kitchen!! Unless you are going to try a new chicken feet recipe then please do share! Desperate times and all. :D

@renaegry, I hear you about feeling lazy! I was a slug this weekend. I did manage to clean my bathroom and do some laundry but that was about it. Let us both try to be a little more productive this week. :)

Good morning! It’s cold and dreary here today and I’m feeling grouchy, which is totally annoying me. :# I am trying to snap out of it and just turned off the TV and will go in a minute and do a nice long workout. After lunch I’m running up to the church to do a few things. No one will be there so I will be safe. Then I’m going to go to the grocery store and see if they have any chicken (other than feet) in stock yet. My weight is up and I need to make better dinners that aren’t covered in cheese. I have been doing my intermittent fasting and have now done two mornings of only drinking black coffee. They say I will learn to love it. NOT really buying it. Stay safe! :)
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Well it’s Monday. Time to not be so lazy. So I just realized even if you take in a brisk 43 min walk but sit in you butt all day only achieving 7300 step you still get a negative calorie adjustment (calories burned was only 1900). On Saturday I did 3 hours of driving on bumpy roads so gained some steps there but was busy around the house rest of day hit 10,000 steps 2300 cals burned and had an adjustment of over 300. So made me realize need to get off of my butt. Even if I do get a walk in.

@theslightedgeforever thanks. Walk was good. A little chilly. Will do it again this afternoon. Calling for 3C.

@TeresaW1020 i hear ya. I got my living room cleaned. Laundry done and buns made.

Today’s plan is a walk, gets some client books done and brush the cats. lol
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi all, wow, this is getting to be a daily thing for me. We had snow yesterday but it didn't stay on the ground. Still looks dreary today. Well, I finally went to my sewing room & got started on a mask. Have found a few different patterns, so going to try all & see which we like better. I plan to make a few for us, just in case one of us gets sick, then will see if hospitals around here need them. My niece works in a nursing home, I'm sure she would appreciate them also. Also, need to wash clothes & get on my treadmill!! Probably when Dr Oz is on..it keeps me entertained while walking, lol.

@renaegry Congrat on the walk!! The Fitbits & adjustments can be so wacky! For the time being, I have stopped wearing mine because it was always wet underneath from all the hand washing. So I turned off negative adjustments, too. But, I am still trying to get as much activity as I can. Figured my body knows it, even if I don't have verification. I am still wearing it at night, tho, to see how I am sleeping. (not well according to it, lol)

@TeresaW1020 Glad to hear you have reconsidered going in for church meetings. Our state says no more than 10, which it probably was, but none is even better.

@trooworld Homemade cinnamon bread sounds yummy! Lol about selling my flour on the black market. Hadn't thought about that! Would go better if I had an abundance of TP tho. I saw pictures on tv from CA & NYC. Couldn't believe all the people on beaches & in parks especially since those places are supposed to be on an even stricter isolation, from what I have read.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, of course, the sexy bras! Mine are pretty simple, so I better keep sewing cute masks. DH asked for simple ones, but I want cute. I love your analogy about gangrene! Thanks for understanding..that's exactly how I feel! I posted that statement about shutting things down on the Covid thread on here & wow, did I ever get some kinda not nice responses. Saying it would never work, the economy would be destroyed, etc. But the article I read said, after China did that, it did destroy their economy, but now it will be restored because they are getting over the outbreak. Oh well, lots of differing opinions on the right way to attack this.

Hope everyone stays well! Have a great day.

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hey all, definitely feeling in better spirits today. Went for a run this morning and it was nice. It’s a little easier to avoid people in the morning. As the day goes on I found more people are out and about.

@RetiredandLovingIt we have snow here but I don’t think it will last. As for the economy….it won’t be great if 20% of the pop dies either….I’m no economist but I would expect it would come roaring back once this was truly over. Because people will be all frantic about buying, shopping, going to restaurants, travel etc. It would boom bc people would go to the other extreme of spending. So a pause for 6 months or whatever it takes won’t kill anybody….but like I said, I’m no economist.

@TeresaW1020 I agree, it’s best to be careful, especially bc you have a couple of folks that are vulnerable at home. LOL chicken feet. Black coffee- wow you are hard core. I don’t mind black coffee actually but I do love my cream. That is one of my indulgences.

@trooworld, so you are using a personal computer for work? That sucks, they should provide you a laptop. I feel like there will be a lot of companies doing lessons learned after this.

@theslightedgeforever it must be hard for your son to stay home. I do feel sorry for parents with younger kids too. I guess you need a signup sheet for the treadmill. Your comment about the fish head reminded me of something- I was in Costa Rica once and went to a little restaurant. They didn’t speak English. I ordered fish, and I thought it would be like a fillet but nope. It was the whole freaking fish with the head. Well I didn’t look like an idiot, so I just ate it (except the head, you aren’t really supposed to eat it, it’s just presentation). Other Spanish people in the restaurant were all smiling at me when I finished, I guess I impressed them lol. …..Some parts of Canada are warmer than Chicago and NY. It just depends where you are.

Today doing some work, and some chores- laundry. Ordering some groceries online. I am going to try to see my trainer tomorrow. We will meet outside in a field behind a school. I guess I will try to keep my distance from him. It will be weird. I have mixed feelings about it.

Great lunch today- garden salad and threw in steak, avocado, goat cheese, and chickpeas. 😊 Super filling.

I was watching the daily briefings here from our PM, and premier, and health officer, but now I started skipping it. It just feels like the same every day.
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Binge-watching the news?! That sounds stressful! I hope you focus on self care too!

@renaegry I hope you're able to adjust to this change and get your steps in!

@trooworld Sharing the computer sounds stressful! I hope you're able to find a schedule that works well for both of you. And that's crazy that your grocery stores are out of bread. I'm thankful I live in a semi-rural area so we haven't had as many issues with hoarders as the bigger cities have had.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I'm glad everyone in your family are doing well. It's so scary to have someone you love exposed. Please keep us posted! And that's awesome you're able to make masks for healthcare workers.

@its_cleo It's hard to stay on the rails when the entire world in in chaos. I hope you extend kindness to yourself during this time and focus on self care. Your garden salad sounds amazing!

@cbabie The challenge of working from home amidst all this! I love your positivity. Keep us posted on the workout!

@theslightedgeforever LOVE the workout photo, you're doing great! What are your positives for today?

I am having a FRUSTRATING day. Brought my desktop home over the weekend. Found out this morning I need to be hardwired into the main system to set up the VPN to be able to work from home on it, so I had to go back there today to re-set it up at work to set up the VPN to then get it re-set up at home. And now one of my main programs is still giving me an error message.

Some of my coworkers are doing a virtual happy hour after work and I don't want to go. I'm crabby and sick of people since all I've been doing all day is Zoom meetings, IMs, and emails. How is it I talk to people more now that I'm long distance than I do when I'm away?!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, I love all the activity on this board. I didn't get on the treadmill today, my little GGD had a horrible night sleep. One tooth is trying to come in and she was crying and moaning..UGH. I will be glad when it's finally in. (LOL she will too). I was stressed out by work today, had a hard time logging in and then I had a couple of not nice phone calls..but this too shall pass.

@trooworld I am sure my DH and I would kill each other. I am using his computer to work on and he hates other playing with his toys..LOL.

@TeresaW1020 Yes stay at home. I went to church yesterday and was not comfortable in the beginning and should have been, but I was not. They have cancelled next weeks service and had chairs 4 feet apart..It was interesting. But you guys can check in either over messenger, Marco Polo, Face time, Zoom. Lots of ways to check in (marco you can't have face to face, but still works). Have you seen the animated Pilgrims Progress?

@mswatson0777 I hated the VPN, I was so glad when we didn't have to use it anymore. I am sorry, but I totally understand, you just want to get logged in and get your work done and move on. LOL

@its_cleo I was happy to hear you were meeting up with your trainer, even if you were FEET apart. maybe he could do some videos. Wouldn't that be nice. I get the who cares attitude on the weekends..I think sometimes we just need a vacation from our everyday normal. Yea if my food looks like what it is...NOT EATING IT..

@RetiredAndLovingIt I can just see my mom making the mask..I laughed your DD wants simple, you want cute. My mom would say I am making them so you get what I want. LOL

@renaegry Not sure I could walk in 0 degree weather. But then thats why I live in the south...LOL

@theslightedgeforever Oh I am sitting here laughing LOL. you and your DH and Son home. When do they see the wicked version of you. LOL. I don't think DH has ever been a checklist, schedule person. So like mine was one of those and now he is "I am retired" and has NO schedule or urgency. Maybe just Maybe it will be that way for you, he will be different if/when he retires. LOL

Okay, gotta run...keep sharing and coming here for our "social" events. LOL

Cbabie