NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited January 2022
    Morning all. @trooworld glad to hear your test was negative. Having a cold sucks thou. We have a whole bunch of rapid tests at home so when feeling under the weather can self test to see.

Weight is really dropping with just getting back to eating better. Went from 164 to 159.6. Pretty happy with that.

Calf is Slowly getting better. Still taking it easy. Just did a 10 min ab workout. Still hoping to get back to full workouts treadmill and LIIFT4 next week.

fgjr51c1eaw1.jpeg
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    edited January 2022
    @retiredandlovingit Hopefully your test will be negative also and just a bad cold. Nowadays you can't be sure. What kind of PT is gd doing for the heels. I need to get back into heels. My son would tell me google it. LOL What did you end up deciding on the mealplan?

@trooworld So happy it's just a bad cold. No lasting effects. Why are they letting you do self testing? That doesn't seem like it would be accurate like you say. Maintaining is a good thing. No hole to dig yourself out of. I'm trying to stay out of the cold because then I'll end up coughing with my reactive airway disease. I guess I could put a scarf around my mouth when I'm not drinking my hot drink. I just like sitting out in the morning with blankets wrapped around me and listening to the birds. Yaaay on more energy.

@renaegry Woohoo on your weight loss. What is your ultimate goal? You know how to lose the weight so how long before you go into maintenance mode?

162/164 Yellow
    51 min cardio weights stretching
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @renaegry Yikes that is a nasty bruise. I’m glad that your calf is getting better. Congrats on your awesome weight loss! :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt I hope you feel better and that your Covid test is negative. There are sooo many people sick with either Covid or something else icky. I’m thankful that I haven't come down with anything after being in and out of the hospital all week. :#

@trooworld Yay on just having a cold and an even a bigger yay that you are feeling better. Yeah, I imagine a lot of people aren’t swabbing their nose right. I remember how far they shoved that thing up my nose when I had the test done. I sure wouldn’t have done that to myself. :D

Hello everyone! Well, DH finally came home late afternoon yesterday, and we are both so happy to not be in that hospital room. The surgery went much better than I had expected but the mental confusion and bodily functions that my husband has been suffering from were not something I had expected. I suddenly found myself not feeling like his wife but more like his caregiver. We had a very long night last night with him up every hour but today he is physically and mentally so much better and I am so thankful for that! We are facing chemo in a couple of months and are unsure what to expect with that but will deal with it when we have to. Right now, I just want to rest and for us, both to recover our energy. This past week I gained almost 5 freaking pounds! But I’m not beating myself up and have basically called today my New Year and tomorrow I will start the Marty Kendall Macro Masterclass challenge. I’m looking forward to it keeping me mindful and motivated. :)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    @trooworld Yay..glad you got your result & it was negative! Glad you are feeling better, too. I am still waiting for my result!! I am beginning to think they must have lost it. But I am a lot better, too, so I am pretty sure mine was just a bad cold, too.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    @TeresaW1020 Yay for your hubby being home. I think surgery always causes some mental confusion when we are not so young anymore, but glad he is doing better. I’ll bet the 5# are probably water weight from different food & the stress of this week. You’ll get it back off.

@renaegry. Ooh, that bruise looks painful! Hope it is getting better.

@theslightedgeforever I don’t know if she is doing PT specifically for the heels…more just to get her hip healed & moving like it should…then she may get the heels again. Dd said tonight that she will be allowed to wear her jazz flats for Show Choir performance & walk on stage when they do a ballad, since she is not cleared for all the choreography yet. I am glad…she would have been so disappointed to not being able to do it at all after making it on the team. No, haven’t figured out my plan yet…just been taking it easy to get over the cough, then I’ll get busy. I really want to get back to my treadmill walking again. I did go over my food logs for the last few months, so think I have a pretty good idea of my calorie limit for reasonable loss based on that.

Took down all the Christmas decorations today..looks pretty bare around here, lol. I love Christmas decorations!

Have a good weekend!!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    They finally posted it to my account..both the Influenza & COVID tests were negative. Yay!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @renaegry Thanks, me too! That's good you have the rapid tests at home. Congrats on the huge loss, that's fantastic! Man, your calf, my calf aches for you lol.

@theslightedgeforever Me too. They aren't letting me do self-testing, I don't think: when I told HR that I was getting a test, they asked what kind I was getting and I told them it was the longer test (it was). I don't know what would happen if I said the rapid test. Maybe they wouldn't accept that? That sounds nice to sit outside with the birds.

@TeresaW1020 Yes! LOL yeah, I hated that test. I'm glad your DH is home and he's doing better. Yes, give yourself some grace. Today is a new day. I hope you have a great weekend!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Me too, thanks! I'm glad you are better. Yeah, I've heard a bad cold is going around. I love Christmas decorations, too, but it's time for mine to come down lol. I'm so glad your test was negative for both!

Hi all. We got one of those Rana refrigerated lasagnas for dinner last night from the store. I just had to bake it for 20 minutes. It was delicious and I'm glad we did it because I didn't feel like cooking lol. Today, I am going to get groceries and possibly make Daisy a fleece pullover. I'm going to do something crafty. Tomorrow, I have plans with a friend to go for a walk. If you haven't done your yearly goals yet, I found something that may help you plan them, it's a free booklet: https://yearcompass.com/

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited January 2022
    7zxu2pmc4g0l.jpeg

@trooworld and @RetiredAndLovingIt Glad to hear your tests were negative! The flu and colds are going around like crazy. My mom, dad, stepmom and step dad all have flu and bad cold. All tested negative last I heard. More and more people I know have tested positive. Some are okay others had a rough time. One person that I know but not very close to unfortunately passed. :-(

Anyways hope everyone is having a good weekend and anyone that is sick recovers and feels better soon!
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 The pups look like they are having fun! Thanks, I'm glad too. Yes, sickness is everywhere. Have a great weekend, too!

Hi all. I didn't end up doing much yesterday, I took a much-needed nap and that's about it. Oh, after I picked up my husband from the hospital, we took Daisy to a brewery and sat outside and drank a beer. It was too cold so we left pretty quickly. I'm meeting a friend today for a walk. It will feel good to get outside and get some vitamin D. I'm also going to make a doggie bandana for Daisy. :)

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld I’m glad that you are feeling better! You will have to show us a pic of Daisy wearing her new bandana. :)

@gemwolf110 Look at all that snow and the dogs look completely comfortable out in it. :grin:

@RetiredAndLovingIt I’m glad that your tests came back negative. I know that is a huge relief for you. It’s always a shock to me how bare my house looks after I put up all the Christmas. I’m a minimalist most of the year and during the holidays, I’m a glittery hoarder. :D

Hello! Not too much going on here today. DH and I had a much better night and got some good sleep. His pain level is still high but is slowly improving. We of course didn't go to church and watched it on live stream. Our pastor gave an update from the stage on DH since he is the financial director and today they voted in this year's budget. I had several ladies reach out wanting to bring us food. Such good Baptist women! I declined because I don't need fattening casseroles in my house! :grin: For the first time in over a week, I went in and had a good workout. It did wonders for my mood and something I’ve really been missing. My eating has been great and I’m really working on this macro challenge and following all the steps. This weight is coming off!! B)
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    lw601gime9l5.jpeg

Snow is already gone. Snow dogs aren’t too happy about that. Hopefully we get more soon.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks, me too! That bandana might have been more trouble than it was worth lol. But I'll take a picture of the wonky thing when I put it on her! I'm glad you guys had a better night and got good sleep. That's really nice of the church ladies to want to bring food. Yeah, I was thinking to myself that they probably would bring comfort food lol. Yay for a workout! It sounds like you are doing great.

@gemwolf110 You too!

@cbabie @theslightedgeforever Sending out the hounds for you. ;)

Good morning. I took the time to pre-track for the week up to Friday dinner. I felt like I needed to just jump headfirst into tracking again. I'm going to be way over in points but at least it's a start. Yesterday, I met my friend and we went for a short walk. It was supposed to be a longer walk to a suspension bridge. She asked if I was okay with a short but steep incline and I said yes but we went up this hill and then she said, "Okay, now for the incline" and I said, "I thought this was the incline?" and she laughed and said no. We started up the steep incline but it was too much for me and she said we could turn around and she truly meant it so we did. We drove to the park and just sat in her car and talked. I was a bit embarrassed by having to turn around but she's a dear friend and won't judge me. I guess I was disappointed in myself more than embarrassed.

• renaegry
    Well hubby gone back to work for 10 days. Can get more on point now. Yesterday was a busy day just around the house. Just about got in 10K steps and calf is feeling alright. So going to try the treadmill today for 30 min for a nice walk. Hoping can go at least 3.6mph. Followed by a quick ab workout Then will fill the day with book work, need to treat and change hot tub filters and son has a 7:30 hockey game tonight. So the day should go by quickly and will be a late night.

Hope everyone is getting over their colds and is doing well.
  • trooworld
    @renaegry Glad the calf is feeling better.

Hi all. We are catsitting my SIL's cat and this is the first time Daisy has met her. Daisy is very curious and the cat does not want any part of Daisy. I'm trying to keep Daisy away from the cat but she keeps going in to see her lol.

I'm feeling a lot better. Did a full day at work yesterday and will do full day today as well.

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    I am busy with my sil. She's been here since Friday. No time for the computer or to just sit and think. I have been staying OP though and getting in my exercise each morning before she wakes up. She will leave on Friday afternoon and then I'll be back to normal. Yaaay

I think @cbabie is still dealing with company too.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Oh that's right. I had forgotten about your company. That's great that you've been able to exercise and be OP. See you Saturday!

Hi all. I decided to do some research into my exertion headaches that are keeping me from using the Tonal. I read that they usually go away on their own in 3-6 months. I also read about some supplements that have been shown to help. I ordered some of the supplements and I plan on trying the Tonal tomorrow. I hope the headaches have gone away. I lost a lb this week. I have no idea how, I've not eaten the healthiest (but not the worst either).

• renaegry
    Calf is sore today from doing the treadmill yesterday. So will take it easy today. Going to do Week 1 back and bicep circuit from LIIFT4. Don’t think i can bounce around doing the HIIT portion of a workout. Will stick to the circuits for a week. Don’t want to jump in to fast and hurt calf more then it is
  • trooworld
    @renaegry That sounds like a good plan.

Hi all. I am not sure if I am trying Tonal today or tomorrow or Saturday. It's up in the air depending on my time. I did well with eating yesterday: stuck to my plan and had a healthy, delicious dinner that my husband just made up.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Morning all, I am so sorry I have not been here, but I have been living out of my 3 years bedroom for 3 weeks. Company is gone, getting house back in order and cleaned. I am working on my goals for this year. Feels like my year is just starting and we are 3 weeks into it. LOL. The good news is that I didn't gain from my last WI. I have maintained...now to get working on the losing part. I pray everyone is doing okay. I have read though most of the comments and trying to play catch up. I am just going to start fresh today.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Welcome back! I feel the same way, I have started my goal planning but have not made it very far. Congrats on maintaining. I'm glad you are back. <3

Hi all. I've managed to track every day since Monday. That is a step in the right direction. I'm going to try to work on my goals tonight while my hubby is at the hospital. I want to put some effort into them and have them be a roadmap rather than something I look back on at the end of the year and say, "Huh, I forgot about those".