FEBRUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you did great on your run @Laurz9191 . I love that you use your time at soccer practice to get your run in.

@Leigh_b Life gets in the way sometimes. Keeping going, doing what you can, and learning from our mistakes is the key to success. I think you are doing great.

@AlphaHowls You continue to amaze me.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    I'm glad you had an enjoyable run yesterday @martaindale .

Nice running @kgirlhart . It's supposed to be really cold here in the morning. I hope you have good weather for your long run.

Great job with your run today @tarun_yadavA , esp. since you had to force it.

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Jam packed out and about. 10,000 moms with strollers, couples with dogs, runners, etc.

Another week or so I hope I'll start feeling some speed and strength.

February Running Goal: 13 runs,40 miles
    1. Feb 2 -2.87 miles
    2. Feb 4 -3.48 miles
    3. Feb 9 -1.86 miles
    4. Feb 11-2.73 miles
    5. Feb 14-2.01 miles
    6. Feb 17-3.59 miles
    Current: 6 runs, 16.54 miles
    Nice run @chris_in_cal! Way to go!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Feb total: 65.1 miles
    YTD: 168.3/1200 miles

2/1: 4 miles
    2/3: 10.2 miles
    2/6: 9.5 miles
    2/8: 3 miles
    2/10: 10 miles
    2/12: 5 miles
    2/13: 2.8 miles
    2/15: 6.9 miles
    2/16: 5.7 miles
    2/17: 8 miles

Kind of last minute camping trip this weekend so I got to run at the state park. This park is pretty large so I can get several miles without running the same parts. I stuck to the roads because it has been rainy so I expect the trails are rough based on the amount of standing water I can see in the woods.
    Despite being fully booked, the park is quiet. It got cold this weekend so I think a lot of people no-shows and those with RVs are staying inside more than usual. But, I like the cold and with the right gear, camping in the cold is great!
    Great job getting the 8 miles in @martaindale! My husband and I love camping in state and national parks. Glad you’re enjoying your trip!

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    The weather must have been nice @chris_in_cal . Nice running.

@SummerSkier I'm sorry to hear about your cat. It's hard to see them hurt and can't do anything about it. I hope it isn't too bad and she starts putting more weight on it every day.

Great run @martaindale . Enjoy your impromptu camping trip. It sounds very restful and peaceful.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Today I met a friend and ran 9.48 miles with her. It was 35F with a 10mph wind that made it very chilly. I then waited a couple of hours and ran 6.25 miles. It was 34F then with the same winds. Not exactly the same timing as my race will be, but I got the mileage in nonetheless. Like @martaindale I've been feeling low on energy and have been very busy with work the last few days. Last Saturday morning, I ran 6 miles, came home and promptly fell asleep. I don't know why I was so exhausted there for a few days but I've felt "normal" the past couple of days. Maybe my body was busy fighting off something. I've been reading, liking and hugging as appropriate. Thanks for being here everyone!

@ContraryMaryMary - Congrats on your half marathon last weekend!

@SummerSkier - I hope your kitty is better soon. Poor baby.