WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Pip - I love the new furniture layout, it lets in more natural light and the room seems bigger.

Kim N.California
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options

Debbie that Godzilla is very “realistic.” Could your DH use the 3D printer to make Halloween/CosCon masks?
    Pip I didn’t believe “last project” til saw your response to Ginny. Tell us about your new ride?
    Welcome @jenniferinga Jen in GA! Be sure to take your measurements, sometimes when the scale is stuck the tape measure is your friend.
    Michelle in NV “…baby’s room in Godzilla?” That would give me nightmares! Brava on the decluttering!
    April your reaction to yoghurt is how I used to react to most full fat dairy… insufficient lactase to break down the whole fat chains. If it was cheese or yoghurt I could tolerate it but ice cream, you could set your watch, 20 minutes and I’d be in the bathroom. Now my body has changed, yoghurt (and cottage cheese) have the opposite effect so there goes my high protein breakfast. Foo. Have you investigated milk thistle for liver support?
    Michele sorry to confuse, the root beer jelly is just jelly, no chocolates… but now that you mention it a chocolate covered root beer jelly candy WOULD be yummy !
    Tracey you and pip, I am so jealous of your re-decorating talents. And Lisa I am really looking forward to the “after re-arrangement” pics.
    Allie what Lisa said. You can do this!
    Annie what Michele and others said. Well done for getting back on the bike and exercising the “what you want most” muscle.
    Heather Brava for your determination to not just discover but treat your leg pain. Like Ginny I’m curious about your medical friend’s “rubbish” comment and her take on your pain.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Deb__23 wrote: »
    would love some advice since I started my calories are under but I am eating enough I am thinking of not adding in my exercise sice it bumps up the calories
    today food example
    I first want to say water is never an issue when my hubby first met me 30 years ago he thought I had an medical reason for he never met someone who will this drink water haha
    wake up have 1-2 glasses,herbal tea and journal
    an hour or so I had my breakfast mini wrap ,2eegs 1 whole and egg white,cheese tsp ,salsa with tea plus an orange
    exercise hour n half winter hike 4-5 mph or more but I add this in }I walk fast with my dogs and how I move this fast wearing 6lb boots never know lol
    lunch 2 small whole grain pancake with tbsp peanut butter a coffee and 1/2 c carrots
    Dinner small steam potato,cup veggies,2 slices of ham and spinach
    snacks 3mini kit kat coffee total day add in sugar 4 tsp,1/2 1/2 about 1/4 c,2 oz pop and cranberry juice
    I am full and can not eat more so what do you think of this?any suggestions since I seem to always be under and since I started FitPal I am eating more and id cut out my night snacking that one was an issue especially being an emotional eater
    water 8 + glasses a day and night time herbal tea while I read/journal and work on my planners
    Thanks for taking the time to reading this :)

What is your calorie count at the end of the day?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,950 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Debbie that Godzilla is very “realistic.” Could your DH use the 3D printer to make Halloween/CosCon masks?

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

Yes, he has made masks in the past. With the two largest printers he has now, He can make them in one piece.The others were made in four or more pieces.
    He has also made cosplay helmets- BattleStar Galactica and Power Rangers
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,109 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested in seeing my elder son Tom joshing around with his mates, you can watch them exploring Taiwanese ration packs on YouTube.. It is quite a laugh 😃

Taiwan Army Ration/Ration Review/ AATV EP 223.

love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Last night we watched the Princess Bride ... mainly so we could see the sword fighting scene(s). 🙂

Tonight we're listening to Hans Zimmer ... I've got 6 hours of his music.

Today I went to work and ended up in back-to-back-to-back meetings from 11 am until 2:45 pm. I did finally get about 10 minutes at about 2:20 pm to dash to the toilet and quickly make lunch. Thank goodness! And the last meeting was shorter than anticipated.

I didn't get as much of a walk or as many stairs in as I had hoped.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Heather ... these were my suggestions (in the spoiler) regarding your legs from October 2022. I'm surprised you haven't been to the doctor insisting on getting tested for these things before now ... it's been 1.5 years! But I am glad you've started to pursue it more. Hopefully you'll find a solution.

Machka9 wrote: »
    Is Facebook Messenger the same thing as WhatsApp? Just a different name? We do also have Messenger, but i rarely use it. WhatsApp is encrypted.

My legs are having a flare up the last couple of days. Makes sleep more difficult, and they feel weaker when I'm walking, though they still have the same strength. It is very annoying, but my doctor had no idea. I think it is this autoimmune thing, because it comes and goes.

Birthday lunch today. We had to wait until today because they only open from Thursday to Sunday. I'm not feeling entirely enthusiastic with my legs hurting, but I'm sure I will enjoy it when I get there. I know DH would like to walk both ways, but I will bus nearly there and hope to walk back. It's around 3 miles. In 'The Lanes', Petit Pois.

Mouse still absent. :*

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Compartment Syndrome?
    https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15315-compartment-syndrome

Shin Splints?
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/242169

Peripheral Artery Disease? (You used to smoke, yes?)
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/smokers-leg