WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Betsy so sorry to hear about your sister's cognitive decline. It is very scary, but you and your sister are strong. Hugs coming your way.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Lisa- im with you.the next couple of days are appointments for me..i have to suck down amoxicillin before my dental cleaning and then its on to the bank ,then to ultrasound and bone density scan
    Tracy goes for another ultrasound today..we shall see what they say about twins one is aaaay smaller than the other.so we shall see.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    ALLERGIESWhat do you all use for your allergies? Juniper (and tree pollen) is really high here today and the wind will be picking up so will be worse. I use Allegra (the kind that melts in your mouth) and Azelastine HCL. They work for about 8 hours. I also use my Albuteral inhaler every 4 hours. Woke up having a hard time to breathe a couple times last night. I didn’t think to use the inhaler, but will tonight! Used it this morning and breathing cleared up, but sneezing and stuffiness stayed until the Allegra took hold. Just curious as to what you all use.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Today is a good day to brush up on different languages!
    xnzr7tr8vqo7.jpeg
    vlogvbdy7d87.jpeg
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Kim yes he had his underwear on. So that's good.

The police brought him home a few days ago, and it made no impression on him. He thought it was a very nice policeman who offered him a ride. Maybe so, but maybe there is more to the story. I wonder if he will end up in a memory care home.

My next goal is to get his taxes done. I have time set aside on Friday.

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Machka - good to hear the optometrist is fitting you with the proper prescription. Hope it helps your other eye issues too. Interesting that you and your DH mirror each other with various ailments.

Lisa - your cardiologist... those eyes... that smile...that voice. And you said he's tall to boot? Does he make house calls? ;):p Hope the doc visit for "down there" isn't too uncomfortable. Nice to get it out of the way. Cute portrait by the way. :p

Annie - your dad hoisting the flag, singing the anthem outside without pants - no one was hurt. :p Gotta love him. Have fun with the cleaning ladies. Is this a one-time thing or are you planning to have them in on a regular basis?

Betsy - glad the tests for your sis are over and good her attitude is upbeat, but sorry for her frustration over brain processing issues. (((HUGS))) to both of you. Extra hugs for Ella too. We only have today, try not to worry. Prayers.

Allie - sounds like Tracy might have some real challenges over the next several months. (((HUGS))) headed out to her and you too. Good luck with your medical appointments.

Make it a super day! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: after nap yesterday was way short on steps. Jeopardy walking took me over goal. Yay me! This morning wt back to 132.5 despite all the sodium in yesterday’s delicious chicken mole with chips, salsa and a salty margarita :devil:
    Machka Brava for speaking up! Fingers X’d all the test lead to improved vision for you both.
    Heather liked the “very American” comment, roared at Edie’s outing your son. ;) Con very grats on the glimmer.
    Lisa (gentle hugs) pelvic pain is the worst. :love: your new cardio. And the portrait, well I could have been looking in the mirror ;}
    Annie” keep calm and carry on.” Good luck with the taxes. (hugs)
    Betsy ((hugs)) just ((hugs and more hugs))
    Kim great backstory, even greater advice to Annie about the local constable stopping by at flag raising time.
    Carol, yes you WILL do better today. (hugs)
    2/20: Move mins- wii:12 PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:0 Jeopardy walking:134 Steps:8004
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=7 CI<CO net=395 vits=0.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, Post Office, recycling. Wt:133.2
    Time to get up off my butt and get ready for line dancing.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,859 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    ALLERGIESWhat do you all use for your allergies? Juniper (and tree pollen) is really high here today and the wind will be picking up so will be worse. I use Allegra (the kind that melts in your mouth) and Azelastine HCL. They work for about 8 hours. I also use my Albuteral inhaler every 4 hours. Woke up having a hard time to breathe a couple times last night. I didn’t think to use the inhaler, but will tonight! Used it this morning and breathing cleared up, but sneezing and stuffiness stayed until the Allegra took hold. Just curious as to what you all use.

RVRita

Claritin during the day.
    Tegratol at night.
    Inhaler as needed.

Shower every day.
    Wash my face and hands several times a day.
    Drink lots of water.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Was going to do a 20-40-60 workout but a friend of mine (she’s a lovely lady) really wanted to talk so I just walked on the treadmill. The plan for tomorrow is to do Brooke Benton’s butts and Gutts DVD

Heather – Bea is such a sweetheart

Deb – I usually don’t add in my exercise calories then when I go a bit over, I figure I have a “buffer”

M – I didn’t realize they can put prisms in glasses. Glad they got things figured out

Anne – HUG. Believe it or not, I really prefer my coleslaw with just vinegar, not coleslaw dressing. Recently, I got a napa cabbage from the soup kitchen so I made coleslaw out of it. Hope it’s still OK. If not, I’ll throw it out. If I need to, not like I’ve lost much. I feel bad taking food from the soup kitchen before the residents get their pick, but this was leftover from when they got to pick out the foods they get, so I took it

Betsy – I’m so glad to hear about your sister and her great outlook but so sorry about her memory. How scary for you and her

Vicki – safe travels

Allie – praying for Tracy

We need to leave around 5 to take Jess and Colby to the airport. As much as I love having her here, in a sense I’ll be glad when she’s not here. I’d like to catch up with some of the people here, play cards, go to lunches, but I don’t want to just leave her alone all day. I like to go to thrift stores, I know that’s not something she’s into. I’m not one for eating out all the time, she is. I like to go for walks, I know that she’s not into exercising and walking everywhere. I want to go to ceramic places, not an interest of hers. We have friends we want to get together with, let’s face it, she doesn’t want to hang out with those “old folks”. Oh well…..

But on the bright side, I get the definite feeling that if she wants something, Vince will definitely listen and not balk. Like she agrees that the bathroom should be updated. I’ve been saying it for a few years, he’s always balked. Not so much now that Jess feels this way, too. So maybe the bathroom will get done without too much grumbling.

I need a new waterpik down here. I could swear I had one, but I sure can’t find it. Maybe something happened and I got rid of it. Well, I couldn’t use it anyway this year, but I do need to get one for next year. I’ve checked Amazon and I’ll go check WalMart. I really don’t want to spend a lot of money on something that I’ll only use for one month out of the year. Like we decided that it’s not a good idea to get a rechargeable one since it won’t be charged for 11 months out of the year.

Jess is leaving some food (mac & cheese, Spaghettios) down here and some toiletries. You'd think she was planning to come back....lol I had to empty two drawers in the second bedroom for her, looks like I'll need to empty more because pretty soon she'll be wanting to leave clothes down here, too :smiley: Can't wait to get the bed for our room with the drawers underneath

The other day she was telling us how they have someone at NASA who takes care of the animals they send up into space. Makes sense, they make sure the animals aren't stressed so they know the readings they get are accurate. Anyway, we decided that she'll get a job at NASA, Colby will get a job down here, they'll stay at the condo until my in-laws house goes on the market at which time they'll buy that house :smiley: we have everything figured out for them, huh? lol

Michele
    who was out by the pool today for a bit
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 4min 52sec, 60elev, 2.82ap, 82ahr, 102mhr, 6mi= 572c
    Strava app = 735c
    Slow outside jog home to store- 27.04min, 8elev, 10.57min mi, 134ahr, 162mhr, 139aw, 2.47mi= 294c
    Strava app= 302c
    Slow outside jog/walk store to home- 32.29min, 28elev, 13.21min mi, 131ahr, 162mhr, 117aw, 2.42mi= 261c
    Strava app= 299c

Total cal 1127
  • pipcd34
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Lisa – that cardiologist is cute, and he has just the right amount of accent, enough to be charming, and not so much that it hard to understand. That made me think of this event from my history…..

When I was 18 ish I needed to leave the pediatrician and get my own adult doctor…. So I got a GP family doctor who was assigned to me by the insurance and that was fine, he was adorable!!! And just starting out so probably 10 years older than me. (a bit of back story I was as naive as you could be – I did not yet know how babies were made, but I did know that it happened after you got married and might have something to do with a stork – a bird I had never seen in real life). Then I went off to college got sexually active, wasn’t worried about babies because I wasn’t married – I was a walking bulletin board on why sex ed is important! My best friend L – who is still my bestie – asked me what birth control I was using and I told her none – I’m not married…. She marched me into the campus health center and that poor NP probably had never met anyone as naïve as I was. The health center NP explained everything that goes on and had plastic forms etc… I was with her for about an hour. And I left with birth control and a whole lot of education! So a few years later I am done with college and back to my adorable GP and find out that as a young woman with no female problems my insurance only covers female exams done my your GP. NOT happening! I was so crushing on my GP there was no way in H E double toothpicks that I was putting my feet in stirrups in front of him. I got the insurance to change my doctor - Sometimes the cute ones just have to go.

Betsy – sending good thoughts for you and your sister.

Annie – I have to ask, Dad had no pants on but did he have underwear? If not he could get arrested for indecent exposure, and that is a bigger problem. Do you live in a small enough town that you could stop by the police station and explain what is happening and ask an older officer to do a drive by about the time of day dad puts up the flag and have the officer stop and explain to Dad that he has to wear his pants outside. Even with dementia a deep memory is respect for police in most of our seniors, so an office might be able to make an impact that you can not.

Pip- A new version of the same car! I understand if you find a car that is everything you need why change… But the image of you and Kirby in a Corvette with the top down and the two dogs in the back was just so cute! LOL

Love ya all,
    Kim in N. California

The reason was in the first couple of sentences
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Pip--Nice looking new car. We checked to leasing, but we use to many miles.
    Betsy--Sending hugs and prayers for you and your sister.
    Lisa--I can relate to that picture.
    Week is going ok for the most part. My eating is so so. Trying to walk more and that is going well.
    The plan is to leave for Iowa Friday morning and stay in hotel in Mason City. The funeral is at 1030 Saturday. Going to be a lot of car riding.
    Worked on the checkbook this morning and it was a mess. Not sure what happened but there was several things I did not write down. We didn't get down enough to worry about overdraft. But I like to do better. So going to work on that. Need to check with bank about once a week to see that we are on the same page.
    Going to be another spring day high 60's.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

We don’t use that many miles, last year it was like 8k
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,908 Member
    Options
    :) I am home from bone density and blood tests. The worst part was having to wear clothes I don't normally wear (pants with no metal zipper for bone density and short sleeve shirt for blood draw) When I got there I saw the sign that said that due to an upswing of Covid locally masks were recommended. I was early for bone density and they took me right away but there was a long line at the lab so I had a bit of a wait. The whole adventure took a bit more than two hours which seemed longer while wearing a mask.

:)<3 Some recent thoughts about decluttering based on what I did this morning. Everything I've saved in a folder was because of strong sentimental attachment or strong belief that I might be required to produce it to the IRS or some equally scary someone. No wonder my emotions are all over the place when I decide to discard it. Thus I can declutter for only a short time each day.

:) Now it's time to ride my exercise bike while Jake and Annie sleep and Bessie stares out the partly open door.

❤👩‍💻😻Barbie in NW WA