What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited March 1
    Options
    The fact my family doesn't know send in the clowns is a real song and not just from The Simpsons

Wasn’t that like Barbra Streisand or something?

OK nope. Someone I don’t remember named Judy Collins. Still I remember every word.

ETA: wait! Is that Joan Collins’ sister?
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I was recently asked by a new friend how is it possible for me to stay so dedicated to working out. I didnt have an immediate good answer besides, its just part of my everyday life.

But after thinking about it i think its because my whole life was spent working out for a goal, not working out is my goal. It was just the habit developed so i could do the things outside of just exercise that were my goals.

I think for many people getting in shape and working out is the goal, and its a good one. But i also think it has ebbs and flows that make it difficult because of monotony. Maybe if someone is struggling with staying on track, pick a sport or an activity to train for.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,221 Member
    Options
    The fact my family doesn't know send in the clowns is a real song and not just from The Simpsons

OK nope. Someone I don’t remember named Judy Collins. Still I remember every word.

Barbra did sing it beautifully too. But ya how have they never heard this. I could sing every word too.
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    I was recently asked by a new friend how is it possible for me to stay so dedicated to working out. I didnt have an immediate good answer besides, its just part of my everyday life.

But after thinking about it i think its because my whole life was spent working out for a goal, not working out is my goal. It was just the habit developed so i could do the things outside of just exercise that were my goals.

I think for many people getting in shape and working out is the goal, and its a good one. But i also think it has ebbs and flows that make it difficult because of monotony. Maybe if someone is struggling with staying on track, pick a sport or an activity to train for.

This is actually how I got into hiking! it was hard for me to not see exercise as a chore or punishment so I had to correct how I viewed physical movement which started with getting outdoors more, short walks turned into hours of exploring beautiful places, I looked up spots to travel to on the weekends...from there I realized I needed to put in more work to enjoy longer and more challenging hikes.. and now I look forward to gym days, long walks, and the peace it brings. I think that is solid advice for anyone. Find an interest, enjoy it and it will grow from there.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I wish I was asleep
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I wish I was asleep

Hello beautiful
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I wish I was asleep

Hello beautiful

Ohi:3
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options

That's Jackie Collins!
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

That's Jackie Collins!

Wait. What. Who is who now? Pictures helpful
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Today’s workout is without ibuprofen and without caffeine and I might need a nap & a massage between sets.

It’s supposed to be hard, right?
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Did a week of consistent workouts and skating, lost 2 lb this week. I'm tired and happy for a day off tomorrow
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Today’s workout is without ibuprofen and without caffeine and I might need a nap & a massage between sets.

I feel like this was a rhetorical or trick question 😂. But I don’t think it’s supposed to be that hard. That’s what she said.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

I feel like this was a rhetorical or trick question 😂. But I don’t think it’s supposed to be that hard. That’s what she said.

Rhetorical, relative, and subjective. Impossible to answer by anyone but the asker. 😄
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I wonder if dust mites have dust mite mites
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,426 Member
    Options

@jbs116 HBD
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »

@jbs116 HBD

Oh snappa cracka!

https://voca.ro/1hDH6MbgzhGW
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    This darn road trip we set off on in a week. The return trip from Florida is proving to be annoying
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    You know you might not be feeling 100% when you put a coffee in and forget a cup
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    How stupid can I feel?
    Putting together a Lego set, age 9.
    Why can’t I put the dang tree together?
    Damnit all! 🤯
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    How stupid can I feel?
    Putting together a Lego set, age 9.