WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Heather - I'm sorry that it's being so stinkin' frustrating. I feel awfully lucky that, while all this is driving me a little doolally, I'm not under time pressures.

Lanette - I'm listening to your video on the TV while I'm writing this. Interesting stuff, especially the information on long-term decisions. I also think there's an interesting conflation of alone and loneliness that I just don't feel. I always find it interesting, but have to reach to be able to understand it. Enjoying their conversation - maybe it's time you and I start a podcast?

Did finally do my yoga (yay!) and my other chores... time to get laundry folded while I listen to the rest.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    The cleaner has been. Hooray for having a cleaner! She has put her prices up, but it's still worth it, once every two weeks.
    Tonight's dinner is broccoli and feta frittata. :D

When we were discussing next year's possible cruise, I dropped into the conversation that we might have to cancel this year's cruises. John seems to have grasped that reality. He has paid for the entire April cruise. We are sharing the cost of the October one. Only paid the deposit so far.

My friend G has just got a physio appointment for her foot after being referred nearly a year ago. :p

My cleaner's 80 Yr old mother had a hip replacement recently, and is fully recovered. Only one side, mine is both. She had to pay privately as the waiting lists were too long and the pain too great. Our waiting lists are a scandal. 7 million waiting for a referral appointment. Junior doctors often on strike. I support the strikes, for pay and conditions, but it makes the waiting lists even longer.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

But you don't know whether you need hip replacements yet. You haven't even had an X ray yet.

Don't borrow trouble.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,729 Member
    Options
    Sheesh
    What a day... went to the eye dr..got there at 10:30 and left at 12 :30
    Boy i got ,all sorts of drops and eyeball pictures and all sorts of stuff.I have dry eye..and starting of cateracts both age related ( swell) my left eye turns when it gets tired so I have to do pencil exercises.
    And i go see my GP Thursday.. yes its Dr week for me too.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/lucy n Chispa- 2hrs 3min 48sec, 88elev, 2.84ap, 88ahr, 118mhr, 6mi= 579c
    Strava app = 735c
    Walk to dentist and back- 13.07min, 3.22ap, .72mi= 83c
    Strava app = 89c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 16min 13sec, 118aw, 1053elev, 16.2amph, 117ahr, 150mhr, 51arpm, 20.60mi= 524c
    Strava app = 515c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 16min 17sec, 1055elev, 118aw, 49arpm, 16.20amph, 20.6mi= 516c

Total cal 1186
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Thanks for the new month.

@auntiebk Add me to Katla’s letter if it’s not too late.

I have been time poor over the last few days. March just snuck up on me.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,061 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ginny!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka-hadn't considered they could be bots. I just delete them because I think they are jerks . .

Heather-sorry appointment is postponed. I was thinking about your 32 week wait time for surgery. It can take near that here. We aren't on a waiting list-we are following the protocol insurance requires. So you get and x-ray, then you do pt, then you get an MRI, then you try injections, then there is the doctor's schedule. So it can easily take 6 month depending upon area in which you live.

Barbara AHMOD-the Katla message is wonderful. I have not know her as long as many of you but she struck me as so darned sweet. There were days I got on just to check on her status. I think of her every time I eat cottage cheese and blueberries!

Annie-I think working on flash cards is a good idea. It may give you an idea if it clicks for you. Good job on exercise.

Margaret-I admire your persistence in the yogurt making-don't think it is in my future but I won't say never.

Rita-hope rest of your medical week goes well.

Allie-I guess the good news is they are staying on top of things? Getting old is not for the weak!

Doctor's office call today about blood work. Since LDL is 104 they wanted to know if I wanted to start a statin. I politely declined. If they would look at my historical record they would know in 2018 it was 118. In June 2022 it went up to 122. June of 2023 it was 106 and now 104-I think I am good with what I am doing. I hate pills being the answer for everything.

Picked up towels and sheets I need (I have three bath towels, plenty for me but there will be 6 of us). Got a thinner bath mat that will make cat hair clean up easier. Got two sets of twin sheets and one queen set-found them on sale at Meijer's-not what I usually buy but they won't be used frequently. Picked up hypoallergenic detergent and softener (gs eczema). Will start washing stuff tonight to space out chores. Putting some stuff away into the basement tonight. Also need to get trash out. It is all coming together.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

The same friend requests come up in FB too and from what I read when I googled it, it happens on several other sites as well.

It isn't just a bunch of lonely guys .. although whoever set the program up would like us to think so.

What gave it away was when the bot program started using the same guy (same pictures) with different names and often the names are what you might find in a romance novel. :lol

Yes, hip surgeries are big and expensive and they don't like to straight to a surgery if they can solve the problem another way. So there is a fairly lengthy delay before a person will get one done.

If that is indeed the problem Heather is experiencing, she could go on both cruises this year before she'll see the inside of an operating theatre.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,729 Member
    Options
    <3