WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude:Joe’s fire-tending and ash-removing; love gifts of service.
    3/3: Move mins- wii:0 PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:23 Jeopardy walking: Steps:6866
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-3 CI<CO net=167 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, vimeo church, start laundry, Wt:
    Ginny thank you for the balsamic chicken crockpot recipe. Most tender and juicy chicken ever! Perfect for adding protein and brightening up ramen. With light sour cream, mushrooms and a half portion of pappardelle a yummy “chicken stroganoff.” This will be a monthly staple. Next time I’ll add carrots and celery and try to make a balsamic chicken and dumplings. Thanks again!
    Beth, like you, I grew up with electric stove top (there’s a story about trying to toast marshmallows on the glowing element that might best go untold). Had both in my twenties and far preferred gas. When we retired to the coast, Ack! No natural gas! I burned everything I tried to cook for five years, then bought a gas stove and had it converted to propane. Happy-ish with the propane, would not recommend Samsung nor Sears warranty. :{
    Michele I found Sofrito at Trader Joe’s but it is a dry seasoning mix, a jar of spices. Didn’t know it was also a salsa like-condiment. Alas no Chipotle here. . .
    Only through pg 10 but falling asleep . . .
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    March: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

Even at almost 62yrs old(this Friday), I still enjoy "toasting" marshmallows on my electric stove top because, just sometimes, I crave them and I only have electric stove. They have to be toasted just perfectly golden brown, not burnt at all.
    Mom has gas which I find easier to cook on but have used electric my whole adult life.

• dlfk202000
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: the Katla project. Scrolling through all the profile pics, the love just shines out, warms my heart and lifts my spirits. Think I’ll keep a copy on my desktop for when I need a boost… or pip’s boot! Thank you ALL for participating.
    Kim you’re in too!
    Machka I get mad whenever you tell us about the back-to-work person. Please tell me she’s totally out of your lives now? Lord have mercy on her other “clielnts”.
    Heather That much pain just doesn’t sound right. ((hugs)) While you know your own body best, hoping a prompt, real, professional examination elicits a helpful diagnosis. Do you have an appointment? Edie and Max really shot up quickly! Like your first and second steps, hope that helps you sleep.
    Likewise Annie, good for you for preparing for the future, whatever it will bring.
    Michele re: Katla will do. Glad the leg finally stopped oozing. Safe travels!
    Lanette sometimes a song just catches me, brings a tear. That In the Shallows clip was one. Like you now I’ll keep an eye out for “A Star is Born”
    Rebecca cilantro, ugh. Might as well grate up some Irish Spring. The Sorfrito I had tasted more of garlic, red pepper, dried tomato. Label says there’s also parsley, rosemary and sage. No cilantro :noway:
    Just skimmin’ back later.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    March: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.

Oh a fellow cilantro despiser.....💖👍🏼 its definitely as bright green as Irish Spring huh? Easy to spot the offensively leaved suckers! I do like to mix jars of bruschetta, the olive and sun dried tomato ones! Then adding garlic and sauted onion. I add it to soups, put on sandwiches, not just on toasted bread with a slice of cheese.
    I sang your label...parsley, rosemary and saaaaage, in my head.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I love cilentro- plan on planting it again this year but need to remember to plant it late so it is ready when my tomatoes are. I like to add it to my pico de gallo , salsa, sandwiches, pho, bahn mi sandwiches have to have it along with the pickled carrots.
    Mom and I both like cilentro and basil. Dad didnt/dh doesn't like either. I will be planting a lot of basil too to make pesto

• dlfk202000
    Options
    had a great day exercise wise(just over 15,000 steps after zumba) and food wise, Just a bit under the 1200 calories.
    Today, so far at just over 6,000 steps(walked mil's dog then went shopping with dh in two stores) and at 0 calories , but that will change soon. Going to make lunch- baked red potato topped with crisp bacon crumbled on top along with a bit of sour cream and Colby cheese.
    Working on things for dh to take to the next show- SacCon is this weekend. I need to print some business cards instead of just using my old ones and putting his info on the back. Also printing more stuff for him to sell- we have 6 printers going pretty much all the time. Some prints take a day or longer to print. I am working on a bearded dragon now, doing the clean up on one and printing another one on the one on the kitchen table. Looking forward to a semi-quiet weekend, with just a few things to do(depending on the weather)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Welcome Florinda!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family - 2hrs 5min 39sec, 83ahr, 99mhr, 19elev, 2.89ap, 6.17mi= 601c
    Strava app= 756c

No spin, had to pick up car, get a tutorial, come home and bathe and trim chispa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    April - so sorry to hear about your heart problems. Seems like sometimes these things just happen - you've been under a LOT of stress and anxiety lately. Our bodies are so good at healing, hoping the cardiologist and the stress test/echo show things have cleared up. Good to get this checked out, for sure. Thank you for keeping us in the loop! <3

Vicki - sorry the bike show didn't pan out. People are out of control these days it seems. Hope they can get your heart under control.

Debbie - Happy Early Birthday!

Michele - that's a whopping assessment. I'm sure too much for many people to bear. :(

Has anyone heard from Kylia? Missing her. Maybe Ginny has been in touch.

Ginny - sounds like you'll be all ready for your company. I believe you said they are looking to move back to Ohio?

After the Facebook kerfuffle died down, I did go ahead and change my password on everything just in case a hacker was busy. I don't go onto Facebook much anymore but like to keep Messenger open.

McAfee applied the credit almost immediately yesterday, I checked my Visa. But when I look at my McAfee account, it shows it was renewed until April of 2025? I must have scared the wits out of that gal, lol. I have a hunch it will catch up. Thinking of buying a whole new laptop this year, eventually retiring this one. I'll check into a different anti-virus. Yesterday was the third "encounter" I've had with McAfee over the past couple years. All of the big anti-virus programs are probably just as frustrating to deal with.

All of this anti-virus shopping gives me major decision fatigue in a matter of minutes! :s

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • anmlmzdiet
    anmlmzdiet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Margaret, I'm really glad you picked me out of the crowd to rebuke. As I said, Michele, I am in the same situation. No wonder I was an easy target.
  • dlfk202000
    edited March 6
    Options
    (((Heather)))

I did learn that the sooner you can file for survivor benefits the better. I waited forty-five minutes on the phone to try to make an appointment at an office. (I put on speaker and continued to work on the computer) Turns out they make a phone appointment with you. It will be a month and a half out. Fortunately I saved last year so my cash flow will be fine while I wait for this to get resolved.

So life is pulling me forward and as I told the coroner between DH and son I have been grieving for 15 years. I still grieve but I do not let it keep me from enjoying my life. My new eating habits and reducing exposure to toxins is also helping me feel strong.

:heart: Margaret

I am still trying to get mom to get her appointment so she can get dad's SS.It has been over 3 yrs.
    First they were not making appointments because of Covid and then they were backed up and then she just let it go. I keep bugging her about it.
    I had heard that it will be retro pay but not sure how far back they will go. She could really use the extra income. I need to find out for sure- that will be a push for her to get in and do it.
    I have offered to take her to the appointment- can't push too hard(did that before with bad results)

She keeps telling me that she will call the next day. Still waiting