Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: the Katla project. Scrolling through all the profile pics, the love just shines out, warms my heart and lifts my spirits. Think I’ll keep a copy on my desktop for when I need a boost… or pip’s boot! Thank you ALL for participating.
    Kim you’re in too!
    Machka I get mad whenever you tell us about the back-to-work person. Please tell me she’s totally out of your lives now? Lord have mercy on her other “clielnts”.
    Heather That much pain just doesn’t sound right. ((hugs)) While you know your own body best, hoping a prompt, real, professional examination elicits a helpful diagnosis. Do you have an appointment? Edie and Max really shot up quickly! Like your first and second steps, hope that helps you sleep.
    Likewise Annie, good for you for preparing for the future, whatever it will bring.
    Michele re: Katla will do. Glad the leg finally stopped oozing. Safe travels!
    Lanette sometimes a song just catches me, brings a tear. That In the Shallows clip was one. Like you now I’ll keep an eye out for “A Star is Born”
    Rebecca cilantro, ugh. Might as well grate up some Irish Spring. The Sorfrito I had tasted more of garlic, red pepper, dried tomato. Label says there’s also parsley, rosemary and sage. No cilantro :noway:
    Just skimmin’ back later.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    March: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.

Oh a fellow cilantro despiser.....💖👍🏼 its definitely as bright green as Irish Spring huh? Easy to spot the offensively leaved suckers! I do like to mix jars of bruschetta, the olive and sun dried tomato ones! Then adding garlic and sauted onion. I add it to soups, put on sandwiches, not just on toasted bread with a slice of cheese.
    I sang your label...parsley, rosemary and saaaaage, in my head.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I love cilentro- plan on planting it again this year but need to remember to plant it late so it is ready when my tomatoes are. I like to add it to my pico de gallo , salsa, sandwiches, pho, bahn mi sandwiches have to have it along with the pickled carrots.
    Mom and I both like cilentro and basil. Dad didnt/dh doesn't like either. I will be planting a lot of basil too to make pesto

I think Cilantro is an herb that if you didn't grow up with it, in foods and such, its just something you can't immediately take to, you know? My Mom was a Betty Crocker clone and didn't use cilantro in anything. I love pesto! Happy growing!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    Annie, well done on your continued exercise regime. I'm waiting for our bit of snow to go so I can get out and do more walking. Another frigid morning here but should be the last as we are going into a warming trend.

Will be getting back to my income tax this morning and hopefully complete it. I think I can transfer some of DH's unused credits to me to avoid paying.

Made a new fried rice recipe yesterday that turned out well. It was baked in the oven instead of stove top.....so easy and less work.

Joy

can you share your baked "fried rice" recipe?? My guys love it and it isn't really hard, but would love another option.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Margaret- thank you- I will keep pushing mom(gently) to get the call made for the appointment-either in person or on the phone.
    I need to find a way to get all her info for when the time comes- I have no idea any of her accounts/passwords/etc
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

It's a bleak rainy day here. I studied some. At this stage I'm just looking to learn the vocabulary. I learned that I need to plan a study break without food. When I was in college in Las Vegas, I used to eat at a drive thru pizza place on my way to class. Very convenient.

I've been eating cabbage and carrots with a mix of fat-free ranch and skinny girl poppyseed dressing to make Cole slaw. It's pretty good. Very
    crunchy. And under fifty calories for a portion that fills me up. But I still want a hot mocha latte.

Annie in Delaware

• dlfk202000
    Options
    mtumale wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, I was meant to log in today and find this thread! THANK YOU. I have fallen off the wagon and it's not even in sight anymore for me to jump on. But this thread right here is exactly what I needed to tell myself it's not too late and I can restart any time, day, month...I just needed the reminder! Can't wait to see what I can accomplish this month being part of this group 🤗

Mel Bay Area California

Welcome Mel
    This is an amazing group of super supportive women- jump in any time. It does move fast. Reply just when you want to.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 283 Member
    edited March 6
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    Annie, well done on your continued exercise regime. I'm waiting for our bit of snow to go so I can get out and do more walking. Another frigid morning here but should be the last as we are going into a warming trend.

Will be getting back to my income tax this morning and hopefully complete it. I think I can transfer some of DH's unused credits to me to avoid paying.

Made a new fried rice recipe yesterday that turned out well. It was baked in the oven instead of stove top.....so easy and less work.

Joy

can you share your baked "fried rice" recipe?? My guys love it and it isn't really hard, but would love another option.

My recipe is called Emergency Dump and Bake Fried Rice.....a recipe by recipetineats. I didn't have Chinese cooking wine but had Mirin so used that instead. Cut back a bit on the soy sauce too and used frozen vegetables. I was surprised that it was so good and rice was perfectly cooked. Just google Emergency Dump and Bake Fried Rice and I'm sure you will get the recipe. I think the bacon is what makes this so tasty…..didn’t cut back on that at all!

Finished our income tax.

Joy