WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Heather ... how frustrating that your appointment was canceled! Unacceptable really ...

Michele ... $22,000 is a lot of money!

Margaret ... thinking about you this morning ... how are you?

Hoping to do some outdoor yard cleanup this morning before the weather changes later today. It will just be a start. We have a large tree that sheds small broken branches each winter. Branches small enough we rake them into piles. It's a pain but I like the tree in the summer.

Beth near Buffalo

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a bust. I got to the Renal doc’s office to find the appointment was for April, not March. I know they called me to schedule it earlier than I thought so must of thought an earlier appointment. Oh, well, today is Therapist. I ended up going to sonic and got some chicken nuggets and onion rings for lunch (I know, I know,….) then went to Walmart to get rum and soda for DH. I did get myself a couple of capri pants for this time of year. All I had were shorts, which I need to go through and eliminate some of the ‘shorter’ ones.

I have been diagnosed with both generalized anxiety and depression. I would love to see your finished project. Can you PM me Tracy? I’ve not been in a good place lately, glad I’m seeing therapist today…. Eating way too much junk!

RVRita in Roswell, NM
    ot6ky2304l1p.png
  • kevrit
    Options
    jeogtetdibo7.jpeg
  • kevrit
    edited March 5
    Options
    Today is: Go easy on the Poutine and Cheese Doodles.

kk24jn8f6ept.jpeg
    w5eo4jg6fgjg.jpeg
    btbqthw5pz21.jpeg
    b2hw6rartmb5.png
    3yxcjwjja4f7.jpeg

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Last night was rough sleeping between the cat and getting up to hit the rest room..
    The ceflexin they gave me hasn't really done anything for the UTI..I still have pressure but no burning.
    Im going to see my dr thursday will get everything straightened out.
    Tracy going to her first regular OB appointment today we shall see.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Hmmm think hackers got to Facebook and messenger..both of them down..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Wow April glad your heart is okay so far. Great job on sticking to the diet on a very stressful day!

So good luck with your medical journey. Keep us posted!

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited March 5
    Options
    To the US Facebook and IG users - stay away from it for now, don't give it any new passwords: https://www.newsweek.com/facebook-down-users-report-accounts-hacked-1876106

Update - half hour later (ish). Everything seems to be fine now. You are free to move about the internet once more... 🙃👀😈
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: warmer temps melted the last of the hail and snow. Still drippy and damp. Power continues to be on so might get some more laundry done today ;}
    Despite yesterday’s activity and CI<CO, weight up almost a pound this morning. Why? Late dinner. Came home so pooped had to nap, meant dinner at 7ish instead of 5ish. Foo.
    Heather, just read your NP appointment was cancelled. Ugh. Then your description of the debilitating, unrelenting pain. ((gentle hugs)) Is it possible to go back to the Sports clinic that helped you before? Is there a long wait for an initial evaluation? The pain shrieks through your writing. Understand how you want to do ANYTHING (including cancelling the cruises) to move forward, but please try to avoide making decisions while you’re mad with pain. Whooshing you love, calm, answers and relief.
    Lisa brava for your good attitude about all the test results. Whooshing hurry up energy to the VA.
    Lanette your teleporter comments always make me smile “I'm going to send Elon Musk another terse email. :p “ You GO girl! Hmm, unusual swelling? Hope Dr. D and tests lead to a quick and easy resolution to that and your foot pain. ((hugs)) for the “walk less” rX.
    Teri you’re in!
    Michele added your note. $22K assessment? That would be impossible for many. Could the board get an improvement loan secured by the property and add the monthly payments to the HOA fee?
    Tracey is there any way you could self-refer to a PT for your plantars fasciitis? There’s not much time before your practicum starts but its amazing what PT can do. If not, Bob and Mike (replaced Brad) offer this: https://youtu.be/qyOgFrWq1eY?t=2 Was particularly interested in the “gait” discussion beginning at 9:49. What you said about greed, corruption and the suffering of common folk. :cry:
    Machka your most recent coloring is hypnotic!
    Vicki Wow. More excitement than you were looking for your birthdays celebration. Fingers X’d the new meds work better.
    Rita thankful you’ll see therapist today. ((hugs)) Poutine no :sick:, cheese doodles yes! :laugh:
    Did anyone watch the CBS program "Elsbeth"?
    3/4: Move mins- wii:13 PT: d:0 x&a:0 dogs:0 line dancing:72 Steps:8297! Yay me!!!
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=25 CI<CO net=802 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, Post Office, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, recycling. Wt:133.4
    BONG! Time to get up off my butt.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    March: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: the Katla project. Scrolling through all the profile pics, the love just shines out, warms my heart and lifts my spirits. Think I’ll keep a copy on my desktop for when I need a boost… or pip’s boot! Thank you ALL for participating.
    Kim you’re in too!
    Machka I get mad whenever you tell us about the back-to-work person. Please tell me she’s totally out of your lives now? Lord have mercy on her other “clielnts”.
    Heather That much pain just doesn’t sound right. ((hugs)) While you know your own body best, hoping a prompt, real, professional examination elicits a helpful diagnosis. Do you have an appointment? Edie and Max really shot up quickly! Like your first and second steps, hope that helps you sleep.
    Likewise Annie, good for you for preparing for the future, whatever it will bring.
    Michele re: Katla will do. Glad the leg finally stopped oozing. Safe travels!
    Lanette sometimes a song just catches me, brings a tear. That In the Shallows clip was one. Like you now I’ll keep an eye out for “A Star is Born”
    Rebecca cilantro, ugh. Might as well grate up some Irish Spring. The Sorfrito I had tasted more of garlic, red pepper, dried tomato. Label says there’s also parsley, rosemary and sage. No cilantro :noway:
    Just skimmin’ back later.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    March: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.

Oh a fellow cilantro despiser.....💖👍🏼 its definitely as bright green as Irish Spring huh? Easy to spot the offensively leaved suckers! I do like to mix jars of bruschetta, the olive and sun dried tomato ones! Then adding garlic and sauted onion. I add it to soups, put on sandwiches, not just on toasted bread with a slice of cheese.
    I sang your label...parsley, rosemary and saaaaage, in my head.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Cilantro is of the devil. Hate it. It's so sneaky.

That is all. :)

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited March 5
    Options
    The drug combo i took in prep for the Bea pick up worked great at home. :D But I don't want to take that often. I'm not supposed to take much ibuprofen on my BP meds.
    My son came in with John when he brought him home. That was nice. :D He really had no idea that I had had hip pain on walking for years. He has all sorts of joint and foot problems, but rheumatic. Mortons Neuroma. Edie has foot and ankle problems. Hypermobility, which I had when I was young. Her ankle often aches after football.
    It was sweet of him to take the time and he kept trying to reassure me.
    My ex is going to have to go on dialysis or on some new kind of nightly water wash out. No, I don't know what that is, but I will look it up. One alternative is home dialysis.

We are looking after the girls this Thursday evening, so that the parents can go to Max's Parents Evening. Next week we are having Edie while they go to Bea's theatre performance in Eastbourne. :o All good.
    It's Bea's birthday next week, with a restaurant meal, and also a meet up with my Cornwall friend, so busy, busy.

Watching the Hairy Bikers on TV. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Looks like it was a global outage with facebook and messenger according to our news networks. Mine seems to be working fine.

April good there doesn't appear to be any physical damage to your heart. Hopefully after the cardiologist appointment you will have a better idea of what is going on. Very stressful for sure.

Lanette, that must be irritating re McAfee. Hopefully they will reverse the charge.

Worked on income tax this morning. Got it mostly figured out. Frigid here again this morning.

Joy