WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Rebecca when I get a cold I make a soup using fresh ginger, cucumbers, onions, black pepper, lemon juice super hydrating and helps clear out the sinuses. Sinus infections are no fun!

HeatherI took a class on posture taught by a nurse years ago. I bought her CD because I like her exercises. She would always do a counter exercise to the one she would demo. Just thinking about it made me stop typing and take a moment to stretch pulling my shoulders back. When you paint or craft maybe you could set a timer so every twenty minutes arch your back in the opposite direction giving yourself a good stretch. I know I do not take the time to stretch enough during the day. Good reminder for me.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    I don't hunch, I sit at an angle. I will get some kind of easel, or make a temporary support out of cardboard.
    My hot water bottles have arrived, in their grey cable covers. :D
    The strange thing is I rarely sit, I'm usually lying down.

My son is coming over at 3 pm. Bearing what ......? :p

I've found a nice bag for Bea 's dress, so my son can take it back with him. John is doing a card. He will take it on Tuesday.

I'm going to have a quick nap.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Oy the time change is doing me in... lost an hour .
    Tom coming in about an hour to pick up Alfie for a couple days.. then this week he goes to the groomers on Wednesday, i get a tooth extracted and a filling done..,im taking Doris to get her toenails cut at the senior center.
    Don't think we will be doing anything for Carmine..rewarding her for ignoring her family and ditching schoolwork ,doesnt deserve presents and praise in my opinion.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Lisa - Forgot to say, I haven't cooked chicken breasts in years. I always buy skinless, boneless, thighs. Tasty, moist and tender. In fact, we have them in Tandoori Chicken tonight as a treat to myself for Mother's Day. Might even have them with chunky fries.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    9e90fij28ipy.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    I don't hunch, I sit at an angle. I will get some kind of easel, or make a temporary support out of cardboard.
    My hot water bottles have arrived, in their grey cable covers. :D
    The strange thing is I rarely sit, I'm usually lying down.

My son is coming over at 3 pm. Bearing what ......? :p

I've found a nice bag for Bea 's dress, so my son can take it back with him. John is doing a card. He will take it on Tuesday.

I'm going to have a quick nap.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Lying flat?
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    And Today is: Don’t step on the life growing in cracks today you awesome people!! Has anyone ever tried to make home made pretzels? I did, but the twist was had to make and I didn’t succeed in that too well, but weird shaped pretzels are still pretzels!

4022hvt53e15.jpeg
    m7bxbq62spfw.jpeg
    04t807lck3ya.jpeg
    0tqukp8qtw7t.jpeg
    n5hj0rc6j2b6.jpeg
    v59uv9z9y77m.jpeg
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Quick question… Do any of you pay for the premium MFP? I had it and liked the info it shows but can’t justify the $19.99 a month fee any more. Do you find it is worth it to you??

RVRita
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Quick question… Do any of you pay for the premium MFP? I had it and liked the info it shows but can’t justify the $19.99 a month fee any more. Do you find it is worth it to you??

RVRita

Did the free trial. Stayed with the freebie
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,343 Member
    edited March 10
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Big wind gust around 1 am this morning knocked out power until 6:30. Luckily I had dry firewood and got the living room warmed up quickly.

Read the rest of "The Comfort Crisis" by Michael Easter. The last 1/4 of the book seems to be dedicated to better posture and rucking - putting weight in a ruck sack - back pack - and walking with it - pulls shoulders back, works on core and back muscles, helps posture. Very timely.

He also talks a lot about how our ancestors 1,000 years ago weren't muscular like the body builders we see at the gym. They were "medium". Their muscles were designed for endurance more than strength per se. They had to carry heavy loads for long distances a lot, not bench press half their weight a few times ;) That made sense to me. So becoming active in as many ways as I can is as important as 1/2 hour doing a few exercises with weights. Of course, having strong biceps and backs do come in handy when doing gardening and some chores around the place.

I often have pain between my shoulder blades. I know I tend to concentrate on biceps and triceps exercises - curls, upward row. And neglect the shoulders and upper back. There are exercises designed to work these areas and I'm going to incorporate them.

Ed Deboo just posted a video about exercises for posture. This mind reading computer is scary. :#:p

**Weekly Check-In" tomorrow reminder.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Lisa - Those breasts sound huge! Ours over here are just big enough for one person. I'm fussy about chicken and only buy free range, or welfare at a pinch. The same with pork and bacon. Only outdoor bred. I eat meat, but can't bear the thought of factory farming. Also eggs. Only organic.

My son came over with a card and .............HAM! :p Yes, it's Iberico. I already have a packet in the freezer we are saving for a special occasion, so we can eat this one whenever we feel like it.
    He pointed out that I hinged twice while I was talking to him! Bother!
    He has Psioratic Arthritis and has tried many drugs over the years. Now he is waiting approval for a new biologic which has come down in price since it came out of patent. Still very expensive. Loads of tests to see if he can tolerate it because it suppresses the immune system. It's also used for Crohns disease. I was wondering if that is what you were going to be put on Lisa. Adalimumab. It used to be over £20,000 a year and is now £12,000. He only qualifies because they have tried everything else.
    So, I'm lying flat on the couch with my legs bent, and a hot water bottle on my thigh. I do have a cushion under my head as instructed, and I like a cushion under the small of my back to keep me straight. I've had the bottle under the bottom of my spine.

My son also told me I can self-refer to the physio department at the polyclinic. He did, for his Achilles tendon. It took a few months, but quicker than the hospital. So I will do that. He wasn't hugely impressed with them and went private, but it's worth a try.

Rita - That Zoom chat sounded great. I hope it has good results. Good luck! <3 Sometimes just trying something different can lift our mood.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Lisa - Those breasts sound huge! Ours over here are just big enough for one person. I'm fussy about chicken and only buy free range, or welfare at a pinch. The same with pork and bacon. Only outdoor bred. I eat meat, but can't bear the thought of factory farming. Also eggs. Only organic.

My son came over with a card and .............HAM! :p Yes, it's Iberico. I already have a packet in the freezer we are saving for a special occasion, so we can eat this one whenever we feel like it.
    He has Psioratic Arthritis and has tried many drugs over the years. Now he is waiting approval for a new biologic which has come down in price since it came out of patent. Still very expensive. Loads of tests to see if he can tolerate it because it suppresses the immune system. It's also used for Crohns disease. I was wondering if that is what you were going to be put on Lisa. Adalimumab. It used to be over £20,000 a year and is now £12,000. He only qualifies because they have tried everything else.
    So, I'm lying flat on the couch with my legs bent, and a hot water bottle on my thigh. I do have a cushion under my head as instructed, and I like a cushion under the small of my back to keep me straight. I've had the bottle under the bottom of my spine.

My son also told me I can self-refer to the physio department at the polyclinic. He did, for his Achilles tendon. It took a few months, but quicker than the hospital. So I will do that. He wasn't hugely impressed with them and went private, but it's worth a try.

Rita - That Zoom chat sounded great. I hope it has good results. Good luck! <3 Sometimes just trying something different can lift our mood.

• cityjaneLondon
    Options

• cityjaneLondon
    Options