WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in March 18, 2024

Sue in WA State - Did my yoga 7/7 times this week, strength and balance 5/5 and made it to water exercise twice. I was able to do two 5 minute walks but sinus infection is making that hard. I need to divorce food from emotion. Thinking about doing some journaling to help with that. I journaled in the past but have not done much since moving to WA.

Kylia in Ohio - I haven't posted as was out of town, then ill. I lost .7 pounds at beginning of March and so far maintaining. Only 11 more to go! Just treading along trying to make the best decisions I can in the moment. <3

Rita in Roswell NM - I’m up .3 of a pound this week. Did not walk as much as I should. I’ll blame it on the weather, but it was just my mood.

Evelyn on Vancouver Island BC - This has not been a good week, I have made some poor food choices and while that may not have been the worst thing to happen, I have also overindulged in these poor choices. Also, if sitting is the new smoking, I'm up to a couple packs a day! Needless to say, my weight is up this week. Some of the poor choices were on the salty side, so I shall be trying to up my water intake and down my sugar intake and see what happens! Oh and try to be more active!

Lanette in SW WA State- Celebrating weight staying at lower end of my desired range and sore foot/toes are showing improvement. Navigating diet to eliminate or at least cut way back on simple sugars and “white carbs” – rice, white flour products/breads, potatoes. Goal is to get FBS under 110 or closer to 100. Need to turn that A1C around, it’s heading the wrong direction.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Morning, all... from the sunny but chilly Arkansas morning of middle America,

No Easter plans here, but then, I didn't grow up with Easter celebrations. I remember a couple Easter events, but usually only because a grandparent was coming. Mama wasn't the type to hide an Easter egg, but I do have memories of dying Easter eggs, possibly for some school function or another.

Haven't quite gotten out in front of the pain this morning, but hoping to soon... Have been able to get my hourly walks inside the house--too cold to work outside this morning.

FedEx brought the genie bras I ordered last week already. Finally, something that fits. I've tried the odd-brand ones, but they clutch me in such weird ways that I honestly was wondering if I was having a heart attack with one of them. I have enough issues - don't need weird-fitting bras gumming up the works! I've had Genie bras that lasted ten years or more, so I decided to go see if I could find them, Walmart had them for $9.99 for three, and they fit!

Am starting the move online with my planner - I do get tired of hauling one around all the time, and my fingers, which don't hurt at all when I'm typing, start hurting within moments when I'm clutching a pen or pencil. I'll eventually figure it all out.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

I'm not sure I could have made it through the past 6 years without Google calendar accessible wherever I am!

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,962 Member
    Options
    Tracey- no, mom still hasn't told her to leave. I guess she came real close to it the other night but didn't.
    She knows she needs to. She just hates confrontation. We are gently pushing.
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    April, so happy to hear that your son is awake.

Allie, sorry to hear about your doggie. Hopefully with the meds he will make a full recovery. Good that you took him to the vet.

Went grocery shopping this morning and picked up 3 small sour cabbage heads. Plan is to make my cabbage rolls for Easter later this week and then freeze them. Easter is slowly coming together. Got Miss Lucy booked in for her much needed groom March 26th.

Joy
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    Oh and forgot to add,
    Rosemarie - glad the heads-up on the Genie bras was a good buy for you too, good bras are hard to find these days! And I meant to say how pleased I am for you that you stood up for yourself with the "friend" who was pushing you so hard. Southern women, in particular, are raised to believe that everyone has to love us, and realizing that you deserve different behavior from someone isn't always easy to hold onto. I'm proud of you. You deserve better than she was able to give.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,562 Member
    Options
    Well it looks like we are going to get a New 2024 Keystone RV Cougar Half-Ton 25RDSWE
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Slow walk w/family- 2hrs 15min 44sec, 188elev, 2.62ap, 89ahr, 120mhr, 6.03mi= 589c
    Strava app = 739c
    Walk to rv place n back- 51.27min, 1.89mi= 336c
    Strava app= 232c

Total cal 936
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,159 Member
    Options
    Pg 40

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,051 Member
    Options
    Wow Pip that's gorgeous!

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    Swanky camper Pip..
    Great for you guys..
    Took a shower feel better..
    Talked to Toms first wife who is a dear friend..for about an hour on the phone..