WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Dan called me at 7 and his car wouldn't start,so I had to take him to work,and will pick him up.. but he has to make the call to the garage and Triple A to get the car towed..
    Need to go and pick up Doris..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,377 Member
    Options
    Heather - I'm glad you got past your principles to the point where you could make that call. I like the idea that he says he also works intensively with non-surgical remedies like viscosupplementation, which apparently are good possibilities for hips - I had that done for my knees decades back, and it did wonders for pain. It's not permanent, it just supplies the slidy liquid that disappears as we age, but it helped me for six to eight months at a time.

Don't mean to poo-poo principles in the slightest - but I don't think that your ability to see a private doctor prevents anyone else from being able to see an orthopedic doctor in the NHS. I think it removes you from the NHS queue, giving someone else a chance to get seen that might not otherwise be able to do so..

Machka - Corey's getting seen for his left eye today (made his own appointment and everything) as it's been weeping for months, long before allergy season began. It was so irritated yesterday that his eye was bright red, and he said it felt bruised. Pleased he's getting seen, but wish it didn't take so long for him to decide to do it.

Tracey - Looked to see what the cost would be if I just picked up the Genie bras and sent them to you, and all the shipping prices to Canada are so prohibitive it's just crazy. It is cheaper for me to mail things to Hawaii, halfway around the world. Borders are just so stupid. Don't get me started. You do look like you're having fun with your granddaughter. She gets very intent on what she's doing. Is Rodger doing any better in terms of his depression now that there are some sunny days, or is he still struggling?

Lanette - This is the first time I've actually measured for a bra, but it seemed like a good idea after the ones that made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Seriously, like electric shocks running all through my body from the breastbone up. Weird as all get-out. Anyway, the measurements on their "sizing guide," are dead on as far as fit for me. Glad to see you paying attention to the pre-diabetes diagnosis. It's very much part of what drove me to have the gastric bypass nearly 20 years ago now. My mother's diagnosis of diabetes at 60 years old, when she had already had three heart attacks by then, stayed in my mind.

More in a minute kiddos, need to get a couple things done before Corey's good morning call around 8 a.m.

Love,
    Lisa in AR

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    Regarding my eyes ... I have had issues with them for years. At first it was just occasionally when they felt sore, itchy and a bit sandy. I figured the building was dusty and used drops now and then.

Then, they started feeling that way more regularly. I even half jokingly mentioned it to my husband's ophthalmologist when he told my husband to hold a hot wash cloth to his eyes any time they bothered him. That was in 2019. I've done the wash cloth trick now and then.

Some time in there, I discovered I sleep with my eyes open so I started using an eye mask at night. That eased the sharp gravely feeling I was getting in the morning.

But I figured that everyone had gravely eyes ... especially when we spent time in front of the computer so I never mentioned it to my optometrist until this time when I mentioned the double vision.

Excessively dry eyes and double vision are connected.

Hopefully I will start seeing improvements.

I used the warm mask for 10 minutes tonight while playing my tinnitus music. Very nice.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    edited March 19
    Options
    Victoria's Secret used to measure for bras but it was always disappointing for me. Their bras are too wide in the shoulder for me, so the straps always fell off. The ones I wear now come from Amazon. Warner's women's cloud nine super soft wireless lightly lined. I'm happy that they fit well and wash well. I read a lot before I bought one to try, and it worked!

I went back to bed for an hour and then treated myself to a cafe mocha latte. Time to get going now!

Annie in Delaware

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    Thank you Annie 🤗 And good luck on hitting your weight loss goal in July. You got this!
    Lisa - I would love to see your raised garden bed when it's done. I'm always looking for inspiration to use in my own garden.
    Kim - Thanks for the tip on using hardware cloth in raised beds. I live out in the country in the woods, so we have a lot of moles and gophers we have to deal with. I'm writing that tip down so I don't forget! 📝
    Lanette - I still have a Randy McNally Road Atlas! I do use GPS on my phone quite often, but when my husband and I are traveling and we lose signal, we always have that book of maps to fall back on.
    Allie - Sorry to hear about Alfie. Hope the treatment works well for him.

I'm participating in a challenge this week, to avoid LNS. I don't really have a problem with snacking, but I do tend to eat a late supper. (Around 7pm to 8pm) So I'm off to make something to eat, so I can cut off eating or drinking after 6pm. I don't think I'll have a problem with no eating, but I do enjoy my evening cup of coffee. ☕🥺

April in Indiana

I too have a Rand McNally atlas in my car. When we were traveling, I would use the phone GPS to find where 200 miles ended and then took the atlas and mapped out the drive there in order to get an idea of the topology and in case the GPS signal was lost. I liked doing it that was. I would GPS my final destination then broke it off in 200 mile drives (our daily limit) and search for a place to stay with the camper at that point. I could change the path (re-calculate as the GPS would say) and take the scenic route if we wanted to. The GPS would ‘recalculate’ the directions from where we were to where we wanted to go. Helped me map out a scenic route instead of only highways.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    Today is Be sure to keep your ‘chickens’ away from the ‘burning snowman’ this first day of Spring/Autumn!!

psn6td42vaxz.jpeg
    bk9i6tn6kmwm.jpeg
    vjvmol78ata7.jpeg
    bzih4s58kgy3.jpeg
  • ATnowornever
    ATnowornever Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    🦋
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    💖🤗👍🏼
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    Rita - Yes, that's what I thought. I just wondered why you were talking as if you were the alcoholic. <3 Have you read many books about codependecy? We all do it to some extent. :( You are such a wonderful person, you are worth a wonderful life. One that runs to the beat of your own drum. Lots of love to you. XOXO

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Heather, great news about your private consultation. Hope everything goes well.

Machka, sorry about your eye issues. That must be so irritating. I only have issues a couple of times a year due to seasonal allergies but nothing ongoing. Right now it is snow mold that is triggering things. We need a nice rain to clean things up.

Busy morning but I did go out for my 15 minute brisk walk. I am making it a scheduled priority as determined to be able to walk the 2 mile trek in Newfoundland. The walk is to a dock for a very scenic tour aboard a boat. The alternative is a less scenic boat tour that doesn't require the walk.

Got my cabbage roll filling made and in the fridge for tomorrow morning. Will tackle that after my morning walk.

Joy