LESS Alcohol ~ MARCH 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday my LA friends!

Will be adding 3 more AF days this week. :)

I find Mondays the hardest day of the week not to drink. Got through yesterday without a drop... :)

6 AF
    12 A

Great job, @xbowhunter! Keep it up!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    March 11th=Day 1 for me
    3/11: AF
    3/12: AF
    3/13: AF
    3/14: AF
    3/15: W
    3/16: AF
    3/17: W
    3/18: W (yikes, two days in a row)
    3/19:

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    AF - 12
    A - 7

I’m feeling pretty good, but I think my patience is wearing thin. My husband’s ADHD was off the charts yesterday (very high 🐿️ count), and I was completely irritated with him. For a little context, my husband and daughter both have extreme cases of ADHD and son has Autism. My MIL lives with us, has Type 2 diabetes, is in kidney failure, goes to dialysis 3x a week, refuses to take her health concerns to the doctors asking me for medical advice which I am in no way qualified to give, refuses to eat right even when I cook food she should eat, and in general is a PITA. Out of all that though, my husband was particularly annoying yesterday. Lol

@Jthanmyfitnesspal I don’t know what it is about Fireball either. Just give me a good whiskey, and I’m a happy girl! You’re St. Patty’s weekend didn’t sound like it was over the top. Sounds like you did a good job of keeping it moderate.

@dmally1 Like the others have said… I am sorry for your loss. As for the drinking and smoking after the funeral, I think you should allow yourself to have that Mulligan and just reset.

It’s so hard to care for someone who just will not help themselves. You have your hands full, that’s for sure. Hugs!

Also, my sentiments exactly with what you said to @Jthanmyfitnesspal ans @dmally1.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Two nights in a row I came home to a delicious meal prepared by my DH! Had a glass of wine with each, but nothing excessive. This week, wine is a celebration, not a mind eraser. But I’m still consuming wine every night, regardless of the reason.

I find I’m hungrier now that I’m more consistently working out, and that includes upping my protein.

At any rate, I hope everyone has a great day. I am so inspired by you all, even if there are slip ups and resets!
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone we made it back!
    My mother had a wonderful 90th B/D with family. Including a photography session with all my siblings and our families.
    I did not stay AF. I would have a few 'shots' at night in the hotel to help we relax and sleep. I do not like sleeping in hotels. I am not a fan of flying. So by the time we were ready to get on the plane back monday my whole system was a mess. Combined with this medication ...well. Not my best look

But I am home now and back on track. 1/2 glass of white wine last night with dinner then was done.

It will take me a bit to catch up on the posts but so far it looks like everyone is holding themselves accountable and moving forward. Each new day is an opportunity to make yourself awesome.

<3
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Checking in after a whirlwind long week - I’ve had so much going on that I have missed many posts and trying to catch up today.
    The newer folks are inspiring me with your honest thoughts and your experiences! And, to those who have been here awhile, I’m so happy you are showing us ways LA is working for you.

I know I can do better even with the intense family situation right now. @Womona I always appreciate your perspectives!
    The daily wine has helped me to bring it down at night (mind erase)? But have kept it to 1-2 / day including a low alcohol % white wine.

In the past 7 days, exhaustion and worry have got the best of me where the IDGAD took over. Preparing to be AF several nights in a row to ‘detox and reset’ into the weekend. My goal is to get BOT to reach 10 - 12 AF days for the month.

Actual update:
    AF - 4
    A - 6
    LA - 10 - low alcohol % or under limit
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    19 AF
    1 LA
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 91 Member
    Options