WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Lisa ~ So glad the tree did not hit your house. We have a very tall old maple tree outside my bedroom window and I really worry that it might need to go although it does give wonderful shade in the summer.

By the way, I love the photo of you holding your niece! Your hair was lovely in that photo.

Heather ~ Glad you bit the bullet and made an appointment. Hope it all works for the best.

Rosemarie ~ I think you were wise to distance yourself from the intrusive friend. We have all had times when people we once liked/admired became a negative part of our life.

I know I have kept you all updated on my BIL that my husband was the only one he had to see that he was taken care of. He passed away early Saturday morning at the hospital. My husband finally realized that he had gotten to the point that no matter what tests/procedures etc. they did for him would not improve his quality of life. He agreed to have him taken off life support. That was a very, very difficult decision for him. He will have a graveside service with just my DH and our son's family.

Carol in GA

Very sorry that you and your husband had to go through making that decision and I am sorry for your loss.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    No just when needed..went down there today for about 1/2 hr or so.. he was watching Toy Story.. he loves that movie..
    For Easter I bought him Woody ,and the Woody tonie for his Tonie player..

My t.v. pooped out in the den and I bought a Samsung 43" tv so that should work..
    Tomorrow is hair day
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    I used the Dr. Scholls callus remover and it looks like what it does is basically pull the callus out of your foot or wherever it is. I’ll probably use it again in a few days, but it’s much much better

After exercise went to Adi to return some things that we didn’t use and that I really don’t want to take home. Then to WalMart to do the same thing and buy a sun visor. Then bought gas.

Will probably take a shower and then play some mahongg

Michele soon to be back in NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Michele so glad you found something for your foot!

Sue hope the situation doesn't turn dangerous. Take care!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Glasses-last fall I got two pair of no line bifocals (progressive lenses) and it was around 800 for both together. I got moderate priced frames. I bought them from America's Best-they offer the two pair for a special price. It does sound like our friends in other countries pay more.

Allie-I have a Samsung 43 inch ty in my bedroom. It was a bit too small for the living room so I picked up a 59 inch Samsung for there. I do like the picture quality. Tvs have come down in prices.

Pretty tired tonight. IRS visit went well. I don't think we will have any findings. Have to see oral surgeon in mornin-he is checking on post he put in and we will have a better time from of when I get actual implant.

Have a bit of water coming into the basement (always been pretty dry down there). Have a company coming to look at it Saturday. I view that as a maintenance issue that needs to be done whether I am selling the house or staying. I have heard good things about this business. I will see what they have to say and then decide on getting other bids.

Off together sleep. Have an out of town morning meeting after dentist, then back for a 1 pm meeting. Work food pantry tomorrow night.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I used the Dr. Scholls callus remover and it looks like what it does is basically pull the callus out of your foot or wherever it is. I’ll probably use it again in a few days, but it’s much much better

After exercise went to Adi to return some things that we didn’t use and that I really don’t want to take home. Then to WalMart to do the same thing and buy a sun visor. Then bought gas.

Will probably take a shower and then play some mahongg

Michele soon to be back in NC

I found walking 5 km barefoot on sand, in and out of the ocean water worked well to remove my callous.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Carol, condolences on the loss of your BIL.

Re Genie bras - no way could I wear them. I need underwire and sizing by band and cup size. My current favorite is the Soma vanishing back bra. When I broke my wrist and Dave, bless his heart, could not get my bra on me to save his life, I sent him to CVS to get me an Ah-bra. I said I have no idea on the size, just buy the biggest one. It was so big around that the back rode up to my neck and the cups were still too small.

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3

Busy busy! Got house picked up last night, sheets changed, laundry done, dishes done, and 3 hours of work paperwork. At least I won't be totally against the 8 ball tomorrow!

Hugs!
    Love!
    Support!
    Inspired!

Kylia
    Sleepy in Ohio where our morning temp is suppose to be 23°F!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

Debbie - is your Mom feeling she “has” to plant? It seems like a lot.

Kaitlyn and I managed to get a lot of pictures sorted yesterday. Some that we were going through were old tin pictures of my ancestors. My Grandmother, bless her, spent a lot of time identifying people in them and noting it down. Now we are trying to figure out how they are related so far I have traced to my 3X great grandfather! This is my Great Grandmother my grandmother’s Mom. I need to continue that.
    I have a homework assignment to do this evening, the first step is interviewing a bilingual person about learning a second language. I am speaking at 4 to a young lady I worked with that has been teaching English in Japan for the last couple of years. She actually speaks a few languages I think.
    I’ll make supper then do homework, then may take a long bath and relax this evening. It’s been a long week of sleepless nights.

It’s been lightly snowing since last night.
    Tracey in Edmonton

Mom loves to garden and wants to do it. We will not be doing as much as in the past and I will be pushing to get extra help this year.
    Now that the restaurant wants to buy again, that is a good motivator. She will have to renew her business license .

Debbie
  • javaplace
    javaplace Posts: 80 Member
    edited March 21
    Options
    Javaplace and others who want to be included in the Weekly Check-in....

Please message your info to me on Sunday or Monday morning. My goal is to post it by noon every Monday - Pacific Standard time or whatever it is these days. :p

We have to be MFP friends in order to use their messaging system, so send me a friend request and that will get things lined up.

Unfortunately, I often don't read all posts here, but I do check the messages over the weekend, so adding information to a regular post for me to pick up won't work for inclusion in the Monday post I send out.

Please let me know if this isn't confusing enough, lol. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

@SophieRosieMom, Sounds good. I will send you a friend request, I have to figure it out. Thanks! (Friend request - said it was sent)

1/11 days I did good, I still have to log my food but , I stayed mindful. Long day moving boxes and more so lots of strength training, steps 12630, not so good at drinking 1/2 my weight in oz. Anybody else do that?

Ava_ javaplace

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    javaplace wrote: »

@SophieRosieMom, Sounds good. I will send you a friend request, I have to figure it out. Thanks! (Friend request - said it was sent)

1/11 days I did good, I still have to log my food but , I stayed mindful. Long day moving boxes and more so lots of strength training, steps 12630, not so good at drinking 1/2 my weight in oz. Anybody else do that?

Ava_ javaplace

Ava - got your friend request, good job! Look forward to getting your info this weekend! ;)

Lanette

• Machka9
    edited March 21
    Options
    javaplace wrote: »
    Javaplace and others who want to be included in the Weekly Check-in....

Please message your info to me on Sunday or Monday morning. My goal is to post it by noon every Monday - Pacific Standard time or whatever it is these days. :p

We have to be MFP friends in order to use their messaging system, so send me a friend request and that will get things lined up.

Unfortunately, I often don't read all posts here, but I do check the messages over the weekend, so adding information to a regular post for me to pick up won't work for inclusion in the Monday post I send out.

Please let me know if this isn't confusing enough, lol. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Ava_ javaplace

I drink about 3 litres a day.

Yesterday I must have been a bit short because I had a wicked calf cramp in the middle of the night last night. Had to get up and walk around. Today it is still sore.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Lanette - Wow!!! :D No wonder you were awake! :p<3 How exciting. I hope the house looks good and you can sort out some finance. Sometimes we have to bite the bullet while we are still able, and not wait until we are too decrepit to do anything. People wait too long. And you can take your chickens!
    I really hope this works out for you. Women friends are the best! And what a great motivation to declutter.
    My only advice would be, don't try and do it all by yourself. Get lots of help. Young, strong people, students, have been a great help to my friend G. Even having them there has been a motivator. Body-doubling.

Wishing you lots of luck. Heather UK xxxxxxxx