Options

Replies

• justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Saturday
    Workout: 10 miles run
    Weigh In: 105.7
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Luke 4)
    2. Reach 104.0 lbs by 3/20/24
    3. Hit all timemarks 5 minutes early. (1p/9p/11p/10a)
  • justgirl81
    edited March 17
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I am kind of surprised that I'm about to call this a "short" run, but that's how I'm thinking of it now. Crazy stuff.

I ran 3.33 miles and set three new personal records - fastest 5K, 1 mile and 1K. It wasn't by much, but it was a bit faster than before. There should be an asterisk though. My old records were trail running, and today I was on pavement. Pavement is faster.

Even more exciting, Garmin says today's run increased my VO2-Max to the "Excellent" category which puts me in the top 20% for men aged 50-59. Wow. They claim my "fitness age" is 27. Wow.

I still have the rest of the day to enjoy the weather!

Love it! :) Happy to hear about your accomplishments!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've been active; but haven't logged.

I went caving on an 8 hour trip. Here is a picture of Sue descending a waterfall.

rji55vdh1gyz.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,085 Member
    Options
    @drmwc, that's an amazing photo - really beautiful, in a variety of ways. For me, it's also pretty scary: Heights, slipperiness. I see the rope, see that she's safe. You do such interesting things! (Keep sharing photos. It's really cool!)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    Options
    Paddled about 18+ miles with a friend. The river was moving pretty good, so it was less than 3.5 hours of paddling. We saw no fewer than three dozen Bald Eagles. Just. So. Many!

We also saw cormorants, geese, osprey, hawks, turkey vultures, Stellar's Jays, mergansers, plovers, flickers, kestrals, wrens, and more. Nice day.

I was a bit foolish in my choice of attire. I was fine. I figured I wouldn't swim. I didn't. If I had, it could have been bad. I had a change of warm clothes, but if I took TWO swims... I actually had considered wearing a drysuit, but decided not to. It was fine. There were some large whirlpools and boils. I headed directly for some because the current was really fast around them. One of the whirlpools sucked my 17.5 foot canoe down four to six inches. My friend hates swirly eddies, so she avoided that spot easily. She said it looked kind of exciting. I am glad I stayed dry. What a gorgeous day.

My Thursday hiking buddy and I are going to play disc golf tomorrow. He doesn't play... yet. I'll loan him some discs that I won't mind if he loses. And maybe he'll have a great time. Then Tuesday either back up to see waterfalls or attempt to get up to a peak through the snow, maybe with snowshoes.

Life is grand.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym. I did 4 upper body machines, 3 legs, 2 abs and the walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Sunday
    Workout: 8 miles run
    Weigh In: 107.7
    Nutrition: Terrible (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Luke 5)
    2. Reach 104.0 lbs by 3/20/24
    3. Hit all timemarks 5 minutes early. (1p/9p/11p/10a)
  • drmwc
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    @drmwc, that's an amazing photo - really beautiful, in a variety of ways. For me, it's also pretty scary: Heights, slipperiness. I see the rope, see that she's safe. You do such interesting things! (Keep sharing photos. It's really cool!)

Sue is around 67 years old. Her husband gave her the belay for this. I free climbed it, which proved to be more sporting than normal. (The waterfall is normally a trickle, but was actually a torrent this time. That made my glasses steamed up, so I couldn't see the foot holds.)

I caved yesterday. We did traversed over a stream I've not been to before. 4 hour trip.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,008 Member
    Options
    Upper Power

Bench Press 5x3,3,2,2,13
    Cable Row 5x4
    Machine Decline Press 5x5,5,4,6,6
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Standing Smith OHP 5x5
    Cable Woodchoppers 3x10 (High, Cross, Low)
  • mtaratoot
    Options

Disc golf today.

Fun course with some holes in the woods and some in the open.

A friend joined me who has never played, and maybe we'll get out more often!

16xwkzj1x6df.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Just 10k+3' stationary bike, Z2. I think I accumulated too much fatigue last week (subjective impression, resting heart rate, other indications), and slept badly last night, so I kept it short. I still think it's a health issue causing some of the fatigue - this is just not that much exercise load at all - but next diagnostic adventure isn't until early April. Trying to dose activity properly until then (do as much as I can without dragging).
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited March 19
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Just 10k+3' stationary bike, Z2. I think I accumulated too much fatigue last week (subjective impression, resting heart rate, other indications), and slept badly last night, so I kept it short. I still think it's a health issue causing some of the fatigue - this is just not that much exercise load at all - but next diagnostic adventure isn't until early April. Trying to dose activity properly until then (do as much as I can without dragging).

I'm still around on occasion! I hope you figure it out soon Ann. My wife has been tired a lot from allergies, which have been horrible this year here in AZ. Maybe it's that?? Hope they figure something out in April!

I'm still working out Monday through Friday. I've switched doing active workouts on Sunday to yard work, which can take up to 3 hours here this time of year. You'd think gravel and turf isn't hard to maintain, but we have a ton of plants, several trees, and a large lot, so there are tons of weeds popping up this time of year.

I'm back to rowing machine nearly daily (I know, I said I was moving away from it last time I logged). I did 175K meters last month and I'm no track to do more this month. Did my first 2K "test" yesterday and it wasn't pretty for me -- 8 minutes, 15 seconds. I'll turn 60 this year. I'd like to get that down to around below 8 again, eventually down to 7:40, respectable for my age group rankings.

Weight is around 204 currently. I need to lose around 10 lbs. Honestly, I could probably lose 6 and look decent. I'm currently packing a lot of muscle, which surprises me at my age honestly. Doing 2 days a week of just compound lifting -- deadlifts, semi heavy squats, tons of pushups, shoulder presses, some things on the Total Gym, KB swings, etc. Seems to be working for now. Eating more protein. Feel great overall. Had a client teleconference late last week with a Canadian firm. I mentioned to the CEO that I'd like to work another 10 years and that brought up that I'm 60. He laughed hysterically and said, "someone lied to you about your birthday, because I thought you were like late 40s/50 at the most...", which made my day!

Went through pages and pages of posts. People are killing it! Very inspirational!
  • drmwc
    edited March 19
    Options
    I went climbing yesterday. We had a strength training session. It was interesting; I was pretty weak, and struggled with some of the exercises. (For reference, the folk who nailed it all can bang out loads of 1-armed pull-ups. This is beyond me; I may try to get nearer it .)
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Ten mile hike with about 1400 or so feet of elevation gain. Back to the state park with all those waterfalls. In my state, the Parks Department used to be a branch of the Highway Department. It felt like I was on a state highway a bit today, what with so many people out on a beautiful day. I am glad it's not a weekend. Next time I go, maybe I'll wait for a nasty, rainy day...

wo4yzmcqb35r.jpg
    ufp0o64shnvj.jpg

4deoijf0dtsq.jpg
    14ulfsj6ooyu.jpg

pc220c8sm8xy.jpg
    xu295so01z85.jpg
    84n5z84jvl32.jpg

jrg9zlog403t.jpg
    0jh5ixy2ydi1.jpg
  • nossmf
    Options
    Lower Power

Rack Pull 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 5x5
    One-Leg Press 5x5 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 5x15
    Roman Chair Knee-Ups 4x20
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Back to the more moderate 10k+3' stationary bike. Shooting for Z2 again but HR spiked up a couple of times, or maybe just looked like it did? (My bluetooth chest belt hook detached itself around about the biggest spike, so it could be a mis-read.) About half an hour, 93% Z2, 7.4 miles/11.3km while standing still, according to the bike.

Tomorrow looks busy including a volunteer gig at a neighborhood center's gardenhouse, so probably repeat the lighter workout tomorrow, too.
  • drmwc
    Options
    I went climbing yesterday. There was an element of over-enthusiasm and mis-planning. I walked from work to the gym, which is around 4 miles. I got there at 7.30 p.m., and stayed to just before 11 pm; meaning I got home just after midnight.

The session was good, I sent quite a lot of stuff even beyond the three hour mark.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Cable Lateral Raise 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Roughly 2 hours shoveling, wheelbarrowing, dumping wood-chip mulch on repeat. (Volunteer gig at a local community gardenhouse - rowing club community engagement event. Gotta say, last summer's rowing club "shovel and barrow limestone fines" sessions for our boathouse floor was good training for this.)

Were it not for the Mud Season Madness challenge (Concept 2), I'd have skipped any other workout, because I was feeling pretty creaky after that, TBH. But there it was.

So, super low power stationary bike, 10k+3', with my heart rate climbing at stupid-low watts/rpm after the earlier wheelbarrow workout. Ended up at 80W overall, 31'. Because I let RPE and habit guide me at first, I drifted up into Z3 for a bit without noticing, but it was still 93% Z2. It'll have to do.