WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,202 Member
    Options
    Vicki - Congratulations and Commiserations. :# Wow, there does seem to be a difficulty with recruitment around your area.

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,049 Member
    Options
    Annie I don't know where I thought you were thinking of being an EMT. Being a pharmacy technician is another very needed occupation. Glad it is going well for you.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    My problem employee called this morning and quit. I had been jumping through all the hoops to do it and she beat me to it. I feel so much better.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

that is great news-
    We are hoping the same thing happens at mom's with the room mate but don't think it will- been there about 2 yrs now.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    (((Vicki))) ~ Prayers that you will quickly find a new replacement for the problem employee. And, that you will not be responsible for having to pick up the slack.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Zumba was fun last night- thankful they had our fans back in. Really missed them Monday night. I brought my little one, just in case, but didn't need it. It was a reminder to pull out my bigger one next trip to storage.
    Ended the day at 15,000+ steps.
    Today I am hoping for 12,000- walked MIL's dog and getting ready to walk the wetlands in 10 min.
    Rain back on Saturday.

As for water, plain water, I don't drink hardly any, tea on the other hand- I am sure I drink more than I need. I start my morning with a cup of tea and have it with me almost all the time(I dont have any drinks with me while I am walking the wetlands because there are no bathrooms during the walk and not keen on "bush wee" but have had to a few times in an emergency) I do have water in my car when I am done walking. There is a port-a-potty at the entrance of the wetlands-yuck but better than nothing. The walk takes an hour. I make sure I use the bathroom right before I leave the house. I have my tea on my desk and continue to drink it until I go to bed. Reg. tea until about 1 or 2PM then switch to decaf after that.
    Keep a water bottle on the head board for during the night. Have been a bit thirsty during the nights lately.

Debbie
    Napa Valley ,CA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,078 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,537 Member
    Options
  • javaplace
    javaplace Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    javaplace wrote: »

@SophieRosieMom, Sounds good. I will send you a friend request, I have to figure it out. Thanks! (Friend request - said it was sent)

1/11 days I did good, I still have to log my food but , I stayed mindful. Long day moving boxes and more so lots of strength training, steps 12630, not so good at drinking 1/2 my weight in oz. Anybody else do that?

Ava_ javaplace

Ava - got your friend request, good job! Look forward to getting your info this weekend! ;)

Lanette

👍🏻
  • javaplace
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    javaplace wrote: »
    Javaplace and others who want to be included in the Weekly Check-in....

Please message your info to me on Sunday or Monday morning. My goal is to post it by noon every Monday - Pacific Standard time or whatever it is these days. :p

We have to be MFP friends in order to use their messaging system, so send me a friend request and that will get things lined up.

Unfortunately, I often don't read all posts here, but I do check the messages over the weekend, so adding information to a regular post for me to pick up won't work for inclusion in the Monday post I send out.

Please let me know if this isn't confusing enough, lol. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

@SophieRosieMom, Sounds good. I will send you a friend request, I have to figure it out. Thanks! (Friend request - said it was sent)

1/11 days I did good, I still have to log my food but , I stayed mindful. Long day moving boxes and more so lots of strength training, steps 12630, not so good at drinking 1/2 my weight in oz. Anybody else do that?

Ava_ javaplace

I drink about 3 litres a day.

Yesterday I must have been a bit short because I had a wicked calf cramp in the middle of the night last night. Had to get up and walk around. Today it is still sore.

Machka in Oz

@Machka9 I had to look up a liter in oz’s close to 100 oz is great. I understand the leg cramps my Husband gets.
  • javaplace
    edited March 22
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Ava I struggle with water most days! Actually any beverage. When I use to drink Pepsi/Mountain Dew I only drank one a day, but it took me all day. You are not alone! It is worse when I am busy.

Lanette WOW! That sounds exciting! I hope it works out as it should for you.

Machka I think April has landed in the right place with us especially with your experience with Tramatic Brain Injury. Thank you for sharing!

Once again now have to go for ultrasound even with 3d mammograms! Such a pain!

Cold this morning but feeling I have a good start to the day!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio

@kymarai I know, I really have to make an effort. Too busy and it goes out the window.
  • javaplace
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Ava drinking half my weight in ounces? No. I aim for the old standard eight eight ounce cups. I usually record seven, but I think I hit eight and my recording is lousy.

Not much going on here. I have a couple emails to write. And of course Teddy needs a trim.

Today my book says make a list of all the ways that being overweight bothers me. I think my reasons for losing weight overlap. I already listed fitting into my clothes and being pleased with my body. I have the list in front of my stationary bike. And I have a phone reminder to review them in the afternoon when I get hungry.

I have been eating back my calories, and I'm losing a little more slowly. But slow is okay.

Okay ladies, have a marvelous day! May you be healthy, happy, safe, and free!

Annie in Delaware

@Anniesquats100 Oz/ Cups it’s all good!
  • javaplace
    edited March 22
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Lanette, that house sounds like a good idea. Trust the process and remember what's important (things like friendship, safety, less upkeep), and don't get caught up in the financial aspects. Money isn't the game, it's just a way to keep score. Other things are more important.

:)Water. there is advice all over the map. I drink a big glass in the morning when I get home from my walk, another big glass a little later in the morning, some more after lunch and keep a full glass on the counter in the kitchen to sip from during the day. Sometimes it's a treat because I'm thirsty and sometimes it's a necessary chore like housework. I discovered accidentally that I like water better at room temperature. We have a water filter on the faucet in the laundry room and keep bottles of filtered water available for drinking. Not all tap water is the same.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

60vmaqfs4j24.jpg

@BarbieCat This sounds like what I aim for. I drink filtered water, it looks and tastes better.

🌷🌷🌷🌷 Thanks for all your water input!

I had a good day today, still moving boxes and stuff . 8400 steps, water = not enough.
  • javaplace
    edited March 22
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Zumba was fun last night- thankful they had our fans back in. Really missed them Monday night. I brought my little one, just in case, but didn't need it. It was a reminder to pull out my bigger one next trip to storage.
    Ended the day at 15,000+ steps.
    Today I am hoping for 12,000- walked MIL's dog and getting ready to walk the wetlands in 10 min.
    Rain back on Saturday.

As for water, plain water, I don't drink hardly any, tea on the other hand- I am sure I drink more than I need. I start my morning with a cup of tea and have it with me almost all the time(I dont have any drinks with me while I am walking the wetlands because there are no bathrooms during the walk and not keen on "bush wee" but have had to a few times in an emergency) I do have water in my car when I am done walking. There is a port-a-potty at the entrance of the wetlands-yuck but better than nothing. The walk takes an hour. I make sure I use the bathroom right before I leave the house. I have my tea on my desk and continue to drink it until I go to bed. Reg. tea until about 1 or 2PM then switch to decaf after that.
    Keep a water bottle on the head board for during the night. Have been a bit thirsty during the nights lately.

Debbie
    Napa Valley ,CA

@dlfk202000 🙂 I have used a few bushes myself. Nice step count!
  • javaplace
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Thankfully the hydocortisone cream has eased the rash considerably. And a stressful week has ended.

Working from home today.

M in Oz

@Machka9 I hope it heals quickly for you .