WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I ate a little extra much the last two days, and my scale is presenting me with truth. So back on the wagon today.

Machka I think you are right that something on my car isn't grounded properly.

Tracey your craft room looks lovely!

Lisa I'm impressed with the brick. Looks great! And good for you handling the snake!

Heather you are brave, dragging yourself to another appointment. Hope you get some relief.

Have a marvelous day! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    I'm sure most of us have made a list of the things we wanted in the place where we're currently living ... or what we would want if we were to move in the next few years.

What's on your list?

Maybe not the whole list, but what are some things you thought you'd like for your current place or what you might look for in a new place ... especially as we age?

The top item on our list is ... exercise. We want to be able to exercise outside right from our front door (specifically cycling), and we want to be able to exercise easily inside.

Another item near the top, maybe even in second place, is that we wanted all our living on one level - bedrooms, laundry, kitchen, living, exercise room, etc. all on the same level. We do not want to have to deal with stairs in order to move from one room to the next.

Along with that, we would like a flat or relatively flat block of land. Living the past 10 years on a hillside hasn't been easy. In the beginning, it was all right, but after my husband's accident it has become increasingly more difficult and dangerous.

I would like hard-surface flooring throughout because it is easier to clean and keep clean.

Views. I hate being closed in and only seeing the wall of another building or a fence out the window.

And lots more, but those might be among the top 5. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    I will ready my body for my surgeon tomorrow. I think a bath is beyond my capability, but could manage a foot soak and a strip wash. I may dare the shower. Take it all very slowly. At the moment I am crawling down the stairs backwards.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Maybe the reason your husband is rather quiet about this is because he's thinking that if it happens you need surgery like a hip replacement, you'll have to reorganise your house so that you can recover for 8 weeks on the main floor. Maybe he is mulling over what changes need to be made ... or even if you two might need to think about a more accessible place.

M in Oz

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Machka - good job putting your list together. If you can picture it, let's say "build" it in your head, you'll find what you are looking for like in "Field of Dreams." At least that's the way it's always worked for me.

Debbie - yes, spring has suddenly sprung here too. I noticed yesterday the crocosmia sprouted up about 6" overnight in some areas, the apple trees are budding out. I'm considering transferring the tomatoes into 4" pots today. The national weather service has forecast a warmer dry spring for us, at least until they change their minds. :p

Barbie - I like the way you and Jake handled your move to WA. When DH and I moved from the farm, we did similarly and were able to get the old house ready for viewing. We had plenty of storage areas available to store packed up household goods that we wanted in the new house. :p DH did just about all of the packing and moving the big stuff himself with the help of a couple friends. Facing this job on my own now is a different story, but I can eat this elephant one bite at a time.

Lisa - any time you want to farm out Corey, you know there's a waiting list. :p You two made impressive progress yesterday. WOW! Cute snake, good job donating it to the neighbors.

Heather - I bet you are counting the minutes until your appointment. I hope they can nail the problem and make headway into getting your pain resolved ASAP.

Kylia - I'm sorry I can't recall - is your DH a diabetic and on meds for it? I'm really anxious to get Dr. Lisa's guidance on this come Thursday and read Dr. Bikman's book. Dr. Jason Fung says morning higher FBS is normal in some people, called the Dawn Phenomenon, as the liver kicks into action and pumps out glucose. I don't think my FBS been below 100 for decades even when my A1C was a lot lower. Mine was 108 this morning after 11 hrs fasting and under 90 grams net carbs yesterday.

Annie - hope you can get to the root of your shocking car problem. Sometimes even neighbors or friends that have worked on cars know the solution, tho engines are a lot more complicated than when we were kids and dads and brothers worked on cars in the driveway. :p Have you tried googling that problem in forums specific to your make and model of car? I think home mechanics hang out there, someone might have an idea. :p I've learned a few handy things about my vehicles that way.

Barbara - how are you faring after your surgery???

Ginny - glad no major problem with that possible basement leak. Hope that TB exposure is of no consequence. Seems like between TB and Hepatitis, our public health department has been putting out warnings for many years regarding these diseases popping up. And yes, I might just drag this laptop along when I go to the local computer store tomorrow. If I pick up a new one they might take care of this one at the same time. Main thing - I want to watch and learn.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    Today is have some chocolate covered raising for me! Dentist for me tomorrow.

z46xg31lkags.jpeg
    4kgy2e08rra5.jpeg
    hccl37u6dmlp.jpeg
    nucs3eocj117.jpeg
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Squirrels, mice, birds.....none are high on my like list right now! They are fine when out in yard and not causing trouble but.....no dogs means they are becoming pests! I went to put chemicals in hottub and startled a pigeon that had nested on a porch pillar. I have fought the robins off that pillar for years. I knocked the nest down and put a small statue there. My only regret is there were two eggs in it. Early for that! Then I turned on hottub and a da?! Mouse ran out of it! It ran right over the decon box. Maybe I need to look at adopting a couple of dogs again?

Back to training.....

<3
    Kylia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Hope you're OK. Sending love. <3<3<3

Had a nice chat with G today, who has returned from her Paris trip. She had a wonderful time, seeing the Rothko exhibition, and was blessed with great weather. I was very envious. My (imaginary) Paris flat has its windows open, enjoying the spring weather in its little garden square. :p

Leek, spinach, and feta frittata tonight. I've cooked the leeks and thawed the spinach. I'm fancying one or two chunky fries with it. There's always leftovers for a sandwich tomorrow.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Horrible night sleeping last night..and I did get up and feed the animals.. and load and run the dishwasher.
    Tom came and got Mr Alfie for a few days.he will be leaving this next weekend for a couple weeks for Florida..to get some work done on the place down there..so he is getting Alfie time in now.
    My friends band is playing at the local bar this is there 30th year together and I plan on going..but right now I am just so exhausted that I don't know if I will or not.. and I know It will be packed and I can't really handle crowds in a small place.so its iffy..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 25min 48sec, make/refill hummingbird food, laundry fold/put away, grind more coffee, rearrange closet, make more French dip mix, etc= 680c