WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Bathrooms: In the 70's and early 80's it was popular to put the toilet in a separate part of the bathroom with a door that closed.

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I did twenty minutes on my bike and fourteen minutes walking! Yay!

Lisa thank you!

Machka sorry to hear about your teeth on top of everything else.

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Machka ~ Is your GP also a dentist? Just wondering!

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Ginny ... I was in bed last night when I read your post so didn't post a response. My immediate reaction was those contractors are not to be trusted and their repair seemed like overkill. Then Lisa responded and everyone else. Getting other estimates and starting with small remedial steps as you've noted makes the most sense to me.

Yesterday was another bright, sunshine day and it looks like the same today! Yay! (Rain tomorrow ... boo). Besides the weather, I sometimes allow myself to wallow in self-pity for a bit. Never achieves anything but I get it out of my system.

Made Kolachi (nut roll) over the weekend and it was a colossal fail. Arghh. I think my yeast may have been old. Also think my method is off somewhere even though I follow a recipe. Found another recipe with the same ingredients and measures, but different method. Will try that and if it doesn't work, I'm done. We do not need to eat any more of my mistakes! :D

I have been staying within my eating window/schedule and I'm watching my choices. The scale is responding nicely so I just need to continue doing my part.

Beth near Buffalo

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,535 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    Gosh Rita. How absolutely terrifying. <3 John used to have terrible panic attacks. Once he stopped breathing for what seemed like ages. I thought he was dead. I hope you can get checked over again, just to make sure it wasn't something else. Sending hugs and sympathy and good wishes for lots of rest. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    Still shaken and tired this morning. Have the dentist in a couple hours so have to start moving. Thank you Heather for reading that journal/post. I just had to get it out while it was fresh. I have called my therapist for an earlier appointment as well. My DH did call my oldest and will talk to her when she gets out of work later. Just chilling the rest of the day today. Monitoring my breathing and working on controlling that. Have a great day all.

Today is a good day to buy some local pecans. The pecan farms around here look like dead trees still. No leaves or buds yet.

5k0qsy0cpk4r.jpeg
    b34gz3yze3lz.jpeg
    aceyfdrxs9q3.jpeg
    ie5v29wn972v.jpeg
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Rita Wow how scary! Glad you are somewhat recovered. Hope they check you out thoroughly!

Heather so sorry that your pain continues. Hope you can have a good conversation with DH.

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited March 25
    Options
    Rita - Thinking of you, and sending gentle hugs held extra long from rainy, gloomy Arkansas. Everything here has buds, because of the warm and rainy weather! Panic attacks can truly cause some wild and wooly symptoms, but that is WAY on the other side of scary. Glad you were taken to the ER, and that they were able to check you out. Thinking of you, dear heart.

Lisa in AR
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    What a scary situation Rita! I am sorry that you had to go thru that by yourself. 😥💖
    I wish our body's had little ticker tape printers that could print out in complete sentences what was wrong at any given time. That would be awesome! Stop all this guessing and wondering for the lot of us.💖. Healing thoughts and hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Rita, wow! That’s quite the panic attack! Hope you are able to relax today and regain your equilibrium.
    Heather hope your dr visit is productive.
    Must dash off to the gym. Friends coming over this afternoon, so looking forward to seeing them!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Wow Rita! so scary, I'm so glad you are ok, but agree that a check out by your doctor is not a bad idea. I would also try to have a talk to DH about helping quicker! Why he wasn't calling 911 as soon as he walked into the RV made me want to reach through the computer and shake him! If it had been a stroke every second counts! Again so thankful you are ok.

hugs Kim in N. California