WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Wow Rita ,that was a doozy of a panic attack..and im glad they finally got you to a hospital..but sheesh like others have said if it was a stroke..
    Heather- im sorry your not feeling up to par..
    Hope your Dr's appointment goes well..and you can still make the cruise.
    Tracy is apprehensive about her appointment on Wednesday..she sees the fetal monitor dr and of course is worried ..she always reads the worsted into everything..she has heard of losing twin pregnancies up to 22 weeks and she is just keeping that in the back of her mind. I take the brighter approach and know all will be well..
    I slept in a bit.. but having some tummy troubles so will lay low today..its just me and Siri..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,

Ginny - hope the basement guy plans to follow state and/or federal guidelines. I agree with the others, seems like not removing asbestos is what they are advising in most cases. Something not right with these guys.

I'm back to house walking again, at a decent pace this time and no zipping in and out of doorways at top speed like I was doing. :p Foot seems fine with it.

Machka - I haven't had the glucose tolerance test. Interesting phone chat with my SIL in Indiana yesterday who has been in and out of prediabetes for a decade. She said stress - from pain, for example, can put a person into prediabetes, and there's a chance the stress from my foot pain was being reflected in that A1C. That happened to her when she hurt her shoulder. I'll ask Dr. Lisa about that on Thursday.

SIL said they are preparing for their town will be a mob scene on April 8th, they are on the edge of the eclipse path of totality. :p

Joy - those dishes sound beautiful, you'll have a very nice Easter dinner with the family. Good job with the walking.

Rosemarie - hope you don't have to decide right away if you'll need to sell and move, I know what you mean with the memories still there. I'm not ready to let go of some of them either, but hopefully in a year or two I'll be closer. You have time to figure out your budget and do some planning. Are there 55+ places that you'd consider moving to at some point?

After my DH died, I removed the hard drive from an old laptop and CPU and took them in for recycling. I have one more to go which doesn't have a lot of memory and is still Windows XP. Time for it to go. That and his huge computer desk that takes up a lot of our office space, don't think I'll ever use it.

Rita - Oh my word! Glad are you home from the hospital, what a scary scary thing. Does your DH understand that he should have been quicker to respond?

Machka - sounds like your new dentist is very thorough. It will be good to have that crown replaced for a while. So far I've been real lucky with only needing a small filling in the past 5 years or so crossing fingers I don't have a lot of tooth problems hitting all at once.

Heather - glad your phone call with the consultant went OK. Good to get that out of the way and on to the next step.

Flea - gorgeous new patio blocks. What a great idea. Nice seeing you pop in! :p

I didn't sleep real well last night and dragging a little today.

I did make it to the computer store this morning and came home with a new Dell laptop.

It's Windows 10 - the tech said he likes that better than 11. We chatted a minute about my McAfee problem with Staples, and he said there's already a good anti-virus that comes with Windows - Defender. Just uninstall the McAfee and Defender will automatically take over. I wondered about that since DH had Security Essentials (the old version of Defender) on our old machines plus Malwarebytes, and we never had a problem. It will at least buy me some time as I test everything out.

There are plenty of tutorials on setting up computers and all of the various Windows functions on Youtube, I can check them out and take my time. And if something goes haywire, I just take it back to the shop.

Have a great week. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in March 25, 2024

Debbie in Napa Valley, CA - LOTS of walking this week(just over 18,000 steps one day, over 15,000 two or three days) Weight down slightly at 153.2

Kylia in Ohio - Good Morning! My scale said down a pound on Saturday! I was super excited when it still said -1 this morning! I am excited as this last 10 is hard to lose, but at the same time, not concentrating on that at this moment in my life. Just trying to figure out eating better. Lifestyle choices to make this roller coaster stop! Have a great week!

Rita from Roswell, NM - Down 1 pound from last week.

Evie from Vancouver BC - I’m up a bit from 2 weeks ago, but down more than a bit from last week. Just realized why I felt so down on Sat, it was the death versary of my dear, dear friend. It’s been 20 years but I miss her like it was yesterday. But onward and upward!

Sue in WA State - Made it to water exercise 2 times again this week. Yoga 7/7 times. Strength and balance 5/5 times. Didn't get walking done. Weight currently at 222 lb. Need to keep working on walking longer. I get short of breath very easily. Pulmonologist wants me to work up slowly.

Lanette SW WA State – Celebrating weight staying in desired range, foot feeling much better after cutting back on steps for a couple weeks. Navigating low carb eating plan (below 100 net carbs), no snacking between meals, cutting out added sugar, processed foods & “white carbs”. Working with my doc to get glucose/insulin resistance under control.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    [quote="Machka9;c-48005554"

Bathrooms - with the exception of about 10 months when we first moved to Tasmania, we've always had just one bathroom. During that 10 months, the place had an additional toilet, and when I say toilet, I do mean just the toilet. My ex and I only had 1 bathroom and a teensy-tiny one at that.

I'm not quite sure what I'd do with 2 of the things! I'm not sure if it would be a luxury or just another bathroom to clean.

One thing I want is a North American style bathroom with the toilet IN the bathroom instead of the Australian style with the toilet in a separate room somewhere else in the house.

WOW ... that seems like a remarkably low price!

Machka in Oz

[/quote]

I couldn't imagine NOT having two bathrooms- with dh being in the master bath for about an hour every morning, there are mornings where I would not make it if I had to wait for him to get done.
    When son's girlfriend stays over, she uses the other bathroom and takes a long time- On those occasions, I wish I had 3!! I make sure to get up a bit earlier than Rovin if she has stayed over.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    edited March 25
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 10min 45sec, 30elev, 2.86ap, 83ahr, 95mhr, 6.32mi= 625c
    Strava app = 774c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 1min 57sec, 171elev, 103aw, 19.6amph, gear35, 106ahr, 120mhr, 47arpm, 20.23mi= 343c
    Strava app= 365c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 1min 59sec, 174elev, 103aw, 46arpm, 19.55amph, 20.2mi= 365c

Total cal 968

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,786 Member
    edited March 25
    Options
    Terri--Sorry about your fall. Glad you are ok.
    Ginny--I find it concerning about that basement crew and the jack hammering with asbestos. I would get a second opion for sure. I see alot agree, it sounds so scary to me.
    Tracey--I am taking all my pictures out of albuns and putting in pricture boxes. I had almost 50 albuns (45 years) plus my family growing up and I have them in 20 boxes. Takes up so much less room.
    Rita--That is so scary. The fact you laid there so long really scares me. I do praay you are doing better. I also agree that 911 should of been called when they first found you on the floor. I pray it doesn't happen again, but if so they get help sooner.
    Flea--Love the new patio. Looks so nice and clean.
    Lanette--Sounds like a good plan with the computer. Taking your time and figuring it out as you go.
    Heather--Glad you had a good appointment. Sorry about your travel plans having to be post phoned
    It was a nice weekend, went by too fast. We rented a car to go to Omaha and know we would never want a rouge. Sounds like my car should be done this week.
    We are back to winter weather. It rained last night, with lots of wind, lighting and thunder. Woke up to a couple inches of snow. Sounds like it is to keep up until in the morning. Glad I am going straight home after work. Also I want to say that doctors and pharmacist that think they are better than anyone else piss me off. Had one this morning have a melt down because he had to use a different sleep room with the storm and other employees staying. What a baby. I find dealing with them harder than any other dept.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Heather so glad you have a diagnosis and a plan.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Machka ~ Is your GP also a dentist? Just wondering!

Carol in GA

No.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,

Ginny - hope the basement guy plans to follow state and/or federal guidelines. I agree with the others, seems like not removing asbestos is what they are advising in most cases. Something not right with these guys.

I'm back to house walking again, at a decent pace this time and no zipping in and out of doorways at top speed like I was doing. :p Foot seems fine with it.

Machka - I haven't had the glucose tolerance test. Interesting phone chat with my SIL in Indiana yesterday who has been in and out of prediabetes for a decade. She said stress - from pain, for example, can put a person into prediabetes, and there's a chance the stress from my foot pain was being reflected in that A1C. That happened to her when she hurt her shoulder. I'll ask Dr. Lisa about that on Thursday.

SIL said they are preparing for their town will be a mob scene on April 8th, they are on the edge of the eclipse path of totality. :p

Joy - those dishes sound beautiful, you'll have a very nice Easter dinner with the family. Good job with the walking.

Rosemarie - hope you don't have to decide right away if you'll need to sell and move, I know what you mean with the memories still there. I'm not ready to let go of some of them either, but hopefully in a year or two I'll be closer. You have time to figure out your budget and do some planning. Are there 55+ places that you'd consider moving to at some point?

After my DH died, I removed the hard drive from an old laptop and CPU and took them in for recycling. I have one more to go which doesn't have a lot of memory and is still Windows XP. Time for it to go. That and his huge computer desk that takes up a lot of our office space, don't think I'll ever use it.

Rita - Oh my word! Glad are you home from the hospital, what a scary scary thing. Does your DH understand that he should have been quicker to respond?

Machka - sounds like your new dentist is very thorough. It will be good to have that crown replaced for a while. So far I've been real lucky with only needing a small filling in the past 5 years or so crossing fingers I don't have a lot of tooth problems hitting all at once.

Heather - glad your phone call with the consultant went OK. Good to get that out of the way and on to the next step.

Flea - gorgeous new patio blocks. What a great idea. Nice seeing you pop in! :p

I didn't sleep real well last night and dragging a little today.

I did make it to the computer store this morning and came home with a new Dell laptop.

It's Windows 10 - the tech said he likes that better than 11. We chatted a minute about my McAfee problem with Staples, and he said there's already a good anti-virus that comes with Windows - Defender. Just uninstall the McAfee and Defender will automatically take over. I wondered about that since DH had Security Essentials (the old version of Defender) on our old machines plus Malwarebytes, and we never had a problem. It will at least buy me some time as I test everything out.

There are plenty of tutorials on setting up computers and all of the various Windows functions on Youtube, I can check them out and take my time. And if something goes haywire, I just take it back to the shop.

Have a great week. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I just use Windows Defender.
    And occasionally I will run Malwarebytes.
    Like I said, I uninstalled McAfee and let Windows 11 defend itself.

Go for a glucose tolerance test and then you'll know if you are prediabetic or not. :)

M in Oz
  • javaplace
    javaplace Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in March 25, 2024

Debbie in Napa Valley, CA - LOTS of walking this week(just over 18,000 steps one day, over 15,000 two or three days) Weight down slightly at 153.2

Kylia in Ohio - Good Morning! My scale said down a pound on Saturday! I was super excited when it still said -1 this morning! I am excited as this last 10 is hard to lose, but at the same time, not concentrating on that at this moment in my life. Just trying to figure out eating better. Lifestyle choices to make this roller coaster stop! Have a great week!

Rita from Roswell, NM - Down 1 pound from last week.

Evie from Vancouver BC - I’m up a bit from 2 weeks ago, but down more than a bit from last week. Just realized why I felt so down on Sat, it was the death versary of my dear, dear friend. It’s been 20 years but I miss her like it was yesterday. But onward and upward!

Sue in WA State - Made it to water exercise 2 times again this week. Yoga 7/7 times. Strength and balance 5/5 times. Didn't get walking done. Weight currently at 222 lb. Need to keep working on walking longer. I get short of breath very easily. Pulmonologist wants me to work up slowly.

Lanette SW WA State – Celebrating weight staying in desired range, foot feeling much better after cutting back on steps for a couple weeks. Navigating low carb eating plan (below 100 net carbs), no snacking between meals, cutting out added sugar, processed foods & “white carbs”. Working with my doc to get glucose/insulin resistance under control.

@SophieRosieMom You didn’t get my My Fitness Pal emails? I sent my weigh in to you Friday.

mozy62pp0wh2.jpeg

I can just add my weekly results. Might be easier. Thanks.

Ava_javaplace
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    @SophieRosieMom You didn’t get my My Fitness Pal emails? I sent my weigh in to you Friday.

mozy62pp0wh2.jpeg

I can just add my weekly results. Might be easier. Thanks.

Ava_javaplace

Ava - my apologies! I did get your email, it didn't click that it was for today's thread. I'm used to looking for them on Sunday and Monday mornings.

Let's try again for next Monday - send me your info any time this week and I'll grab it for next Monday's thread. :p

Lanette

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Rita That is so scary! I too can't believe 911 wasn't called sooner. I am glad that you are feeling better and getting checked out!

Heather Sounds like wheels in motion. I know it goes against your beliefsto chose private care, but think in this case it is appropriate! Sorry you will have to cancel a cruise, but i cant inagine you enjoying it in that much pain.

Crazy and stupid busy at work today! I have work to do but wanted to relax with y'all for a moment.

Off to work I go!

Lots of love,
    Plenty of healing thoughts!

Kylia in spring like Ohio