WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    Heather - good good news about your hip operations, cancelling the upcoming cruise, etc. So glad it's all working out and that you have the funds to have it handled privately and not have to wait a year or more. I know you'll do fine with any post-op OT and exercises. Sounds like Easter is handled. :p

Ginny - did you have any home health care to help when you came home right after your hip operations? If I were in the same boat, I know I'd need to have some help at least initially, neighbors can only do so much but I know they'd be here if I asked. These are things I think about sometimes.

Annie - hope the dealer can find your car shock problem and get it fixed. I used to love eating by myself too when I worked in Seattle. So many cute restaurants close by with different kinds of ethnic foods. I was spoiled. :p

Tina - those desert wildflowers must be beautiful in person. You live in a great place being within driving distance to so many neat spots - desert, ocean, etc. I feel pretty lucky to live in a similar situation, those the same reasons DH and I moved to the Pacific Northwest from Indiana many years ago.

If I had the teleporter here right now I'd pick up anyone who wanted to go and zip down to Barbara's house and see how she's doing. Then stop by Rita's and out to Allie's.

Collette is coming today, so I need to start picking up dog toys and straightening up.

Make it a fabulous day, ladies! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

pz5x86lkubkq.png
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    Today is: Purple Day!! And a couple others that I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Smile ladies!!

9gwh4c8m6kvn.jpeg
    rsfbihwau2o2.jpeg
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Heather--That is how hip replacements are done here. Just a little cut and up the same day and home later that day or the next morning. So happy for you that you have a plans in place and moving forward.
    Lisa--I have my heart ultrasound and a couple other heart tests this Friday. DH has taken the day off to take me. Like you I will be glad when they are done and we know what we are dealing with.
    Rita--Glad the wine helps and I would count that as meds too.
    Cold and windy here today. But the snow has stopped.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 6min 22sec, 74elev, 2.86ap, 84ahr, 103mhr, 6.20mi= 590c
    Strava app = 760c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 55.15min, 774elev, 112aw, gear35, 16.7amph, 49arpm, 115ahr, 137mhr, 15.39mi= 363c
    Zwift stats- 55.17min, 774elev, 112aw, 48arpm, 16.71amph, 15.4mi= 354c

Total cal 953

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I had a talk with DH yesterday about what happened. I know it sounds like I’m defending him, but it is the reality here. As soon as he had gotten out of the car, he went to talk to a camper who was upset our bathrooms were closed and wanting to know when they would be open. Well, we didn’t have the answer to either but while I was almost crawling into the camper he was dealing with the campers. 1 problem and everyone gets upset. I don’t know why with the sewer b/c most all have bathrooms in their campers! SMH. But he did come in the camper and found me sitting on the chair with my head down and trying to stop the whole room from swirling. He then had to answer the phone from the ranger while I was sitting there about the sewer issue when I literally pushed him out of the way heading for the toilet as I felt like vomiting. He knows he can’t do anything about that so went back outside to deal with more campers. While he was dealing with them, that was when I ended up on the ground not being able to move. He asked if I wanted 911, and all I could get out was yes. He took care of the rest. I know him enough that he was panicking, but he had enough sense to call 911, then the ranger, then my daughter who lives in MA. Once he got to talk to the EMT’s who explained to him I was having an anxiety attack and would be fine, he updated my daughter and had to deal with all the nosy campers about why the ambulance was here and what was happening. Meanwhile in the ambulance, the EMTs were wonderful about calming me down, and giving me a shot. Though it took them 6 tries to put in an IV!!! I didn’t have any feeling in my arms yet so didn’t really feel that, but am bruised pretty bad from that.

Yesterday, I had a dentist appointment and was going to go alone, but DH wouldn’t let me. He insisted coming with me just in case. I’m glad he did because while picking up meds at Walmart, I began with the dizzy fainting feeling again. Back up a little and I had done a lot of research about panic attacks once I got home from hospital and looked up what a nurse told me. She said to have 1 glass of wine mid-day or early evening to relax me. The research confirmed that, and with actual scientific evidence that Pinot Noir was the best. I had picked some up at Walmart before I lost it. DH had stopped on the way home, to fill our water bottles (3 gal ones) I opened the door before he stopped thinking I was going to vomit again (I didn’t) and he asked if I wanted some of the wine to try. I didn’t really believe it would help but said yes. Ironically, I had found a travel ‘wine’ glass and bought that. Bless him, he brought me a half glass, which I told him is all I wanted and I sipped on that. I don’t know if it was ‘all in my head’ or if it really worked, but it pulled me out of the attack! 4 oz a day is what is supposed to work and be good for so, so that is all I will have and will continue my 8 month streak of sober and count the daily wine as medicine. LOL… am I wrong?? If I have more, which I plan not to, I will restart my streak.

Also have appointment with therapist on April 4 to discuss this incident and find out what she recommends from there. Meanwhile, meds in the morning, wine with dinner, then night time meds to try to control the attacks.

Thank you all for your concern and sorry about the book but need to talk.

Thanks for your love and patience! I really love this group.

RVRita

Hugs to you
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Rita - your DH's reaction (or lack thereof) to your anxiety attack is understandable considering what all was going on. If it happens again, he'll certainly be tuned in and not worry about the campers and their problems. I agree with the others, wine in this case is certainly medicinal. Glad it helped you.

Debbie - Happy Birthday to Jonah. Nice, nice family photos. Love the look on your face where you are standing next to him. You and your DH did a great job. <3

Rebecca - your bread fail sounds like an early version of foccacia. ;)

Lisa - sorry to hear the estrogen cream isn't doing what you'd hoped, hate that it's a long drive to go see the doc. Glad your bloods are drawn and good luck at the knee doc tomorrow. What's that chicken in yogurt and spices recipe? Sounds intriguing, I bet it will be good. :p I'm running out of ideas for chicken, was thinking it might be time for some Chicken Parmesan - something I can bake in the oven quickly and make several servings at a time.

Welcome Linda!

Collette told me about an AMZing (Amazon) Bin Store in a nearby town. "Liquidation & bin store full of overstock, shelf-pulls and returns. Where every day is Black Friday!" She said every day the prices go down by a few dollars and she's gotten some nice clothing and shampoo there for a fraction of the regular price. I don't need anything, but sounds like a good thing for bargain hunters and will give the local thrift stores some competition. Might be fun to walk through. I bet these stores will be popping up all over if they haven't already.

I did a pantry declutter after Collette left. Lots of carby stuff I generally don't eat anyhow - pasta, rice, huge boxes of oatmeal, sugar. The food bank is always asking for food like this so will be glad to drop it off.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Heather,
    I'm saddened to hear of you needing hip replacement, but also very proud of you for being so "proactive" in your decision making. To be free of pain is your goal, and hip surgery is your cure. 💖👍🏼
    "TAKE CARE OF YOUR WELLNESS, SO YOU WON'T DEAL WITH AN ILLNESS"
    (That phrase mulls around my thoughts when I make appointments etc, I am caring for my wellness).
    I have heard amazing recovery stories from many of my friends and family that have had hip surgery. They really get you up soon, but rest assured they want you up and out of the hospital as soon as you are able, just a health precaution. Heck when Lee had his liver transplant he was out in a week, the medical world marvels me!💖👍🏼
    hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

The way they do hip replacement now is so different from when dh had his all done(four done total)
    He was in the hospital for two weeks with the first one(there were a few complications)
    My best friend had one done last year, and the plan was to send her home the very same day but her BP was too low so they kept her over night. Dh's friend had one done and he had surgery at 6AM and was home not long after lunch time I think.By dinner for sure.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons they push knee replacement patients out the door so fast is to lesson infection chances. Of course, in the US insurance is the main reason.

I suspect the same is true for hip replacements.

Okie in the Texas Hill Country
  • javaplace
    javaplace Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @SophieRosieMom You didn’t get my My Fitness Pal emails? I sent my weigh in to you Friday.

mozy62pp0wh2.jpeg

I can just add my weekly results. Might be easier. Thanks.

Ava_javaplace

Ava - my apologies! I did get your email, it didn't click that it was for today's thread. I'm used to looking for them on Sunday and Monday mornings.

Let's try again for next Monday - send me your info any time this week and I'll grab it for next Monday's thread. :p

Lanette

👍🏻