A one year commitment….

Options

Replies

• 54ShadesOfBlue
    54ShadesOfBlue Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    3/24/2024 day 107 - feeling a bit down took a long car ride just to get out of the house and and see the water.. it helped a bit. Really can’t wait for the warmer weather. Calories were at goal. I’m starting to feel a bit of fatigue in keeping with this. I am committed and will work through it. I’m trying to find a better way to cope with and move past what feels like a stream of life’s interruptions. This is not ask for suggestions from anyone so please don’t provide any. Just an internal thought I wanted to share and will need to work out on my own as it’s part of my journey / process.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    3/25/2024 day 108
    Processed yesterday’s negative and discouraging thoughts. Reminded myself sitting in that stew takes you nowhere. There is only one way out of this and that’s to keep moving forward. Food and exercise goals were met today.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    3/26/2024 day 109- skipped the gym for a good family evening-great convo with younger son, ate at maintenance
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    3/27/2024 day 110- not a good day. Ate over maintenance.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    3/28/2024 day 111- another over day. I’m struggling but will get back.
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you for continuing to post and being open/honest. I have been struggling a lot lately, and it's nice to lnow that others do as well and are continuing to move forward.
    March tends to be a little harder. We have two birthdays in the hiuse and Nowruz. We live Nowruz, but having chocolate/sweets readily available, and working full time proves to be the ultimate challenge. :-)
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    3/28/2024 day 111- another over day. I’m struggling but will get back.

One day at a time.
    s9r9tu5c817i.jpeg
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    Thank you both 🤗🤗
    3/29/2024 day 112 - traveling for Easter starting tomorrow - my older son won’t be having Easter with us and I think that’s a contributing factor to my funk. Additionally some aspects of the trip/vist will be difficult at a time where I feel like I need more space , not more demands and stress, but I am a hell of a lot more lucky than many folks, so will keep the external and internal complaining to a minimum.
    On a positive note, although I did not make goal, I did come in at or under maintenance.
    Also I learned something new today
    I didn’t know what Nowruz was - it seems to make more sense to start the new year during this part of year - I always felt March was the month for endings and new beginnings.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    3/30/2024 day 113
    Finally back on track today 😀
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    3/31/2024 day 114 - last day of March. Easter Sunday. Over today, but this holiday dinner with family was more important. Saw some things this weekend that will keep me focused moving foward.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    4/1/2024 / day 115 Back home - didn’t eat much today as I stuck to my guns and only ate when I was REALLY hungry - when taking stock on the drive home, I noticed recently I was eating more ‘socially’ or to fill in some time to occupy my mind with other tasks. I think this realization will help me do better going foward. Cals came in under goal today - even got in a small barbell lift too !
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    4/2/2024 / day 116 made a lot of very poor diet choices today and I honestly don’t know why.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    4/3/2024 / day 117
    Better today - closer to maintenance calorie wise.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    4/4/2024 / day 118
    A better day - goals were made. Weights were lifted even got in a little shop time 😀
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    4/5/2024 - over goal today - but for a nice family dinner out, so it’s worth it. Next few days will also be challenging. Tomorrow seeing my friends band, then off to Vermont from Sunday to Tuesday, so best chance to get back to normal won’t be until the middle of next week
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,148 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderfully with keeping your one year commitment to yourself. I think your sequence of posts is also a good "tutorial" for others that the route will have ups and downs, but that sticking with the overall trajectory is hugely powerful. One sub-ideal day changes nothing. The overall direction one pursues, and keeping on in that direction, is the core important thing.

I'll bet you know this isn't truly just a one-year commitment, but a forever compact with yourself, besides.

Kudos.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    Thank you Ann!
    4/6 day 120 - over a little again today
    I expect this to be the case until Wednesday
    .. will track to the best of my ability
    A good day - did some gardening and now at a rock snow -my friends band is playing.
    Trying to enjoy balancing life with my goals here … I feel confident I can do this reasonably.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    4/7/24 day 121
    Up in Vermont, having a great time. Will be over but not too bad. Expect the same post for the next two days. 😀
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Your in the path of totality! Enjoy! 😃
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Make it simple, cut carbs and sugars. This has worked for many people including myself. Some even quit counting calories and still lose weight. My best wishes.