WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    I’ll have to look those songs up, except Chicken Fried. I know that one.

I listened to them, you’ve introduced me to new artists :)

Tracey

I think Chicken Fried is the only one of what both you and Lisa listed that I might not know.

I have a wide, varied, eclectic taste in and exposure to music.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Linda Let me know how you like SIX. I go April 23rd in Cincinnati.

Kylia
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ Prayers for your daughter and the grands. Sounds like she really needs help and poor little M is very intuitive. It's a shame that they are having to miss school. Is her husband supportive of your daughter's anxiety problems? Meds are essential when needed so I hope she can get help soon.

Heather ~ Congrats on scheduling your hip surgery.

Kylia ~ So sorry to hear that your employees are missing in action and that you have the burden of all the work needing to be done.

Machka ~ Your colorings are so pretty.

Linda ~ I had to look up SIX! Sounds like you will have a great evening out!

Carol in GA
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Linda Let me know how you like SIX. I go April 23rd in Cincinnati.

Kylia

I had the chance to see it on our last NCL cruise. It's a fun show, very short, too! Only 80 minutes with no intermission. I'm looking forward to seeing it my DD and DIL!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    I did my twenty eight minutes on my bike and fourteen minutes walking. Yay!

Heather, so glad you have a date set!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    (((Kylia))) I wish you could just sell the business and retire. If retirement isn't doable yet find another job less stressful. That is too many who have major health problems for you to make up the difference. It puts your health at risk. Meanwhile do what you can to help your health be the best it can be.

During that very stressful time with my DH having a place I could go to get away for a short break and eating the best anti inflammatory diet I could helped me to get through that time. Saying NO also helped.

I need to revisit that one myself. No! I ended up with GERD from the stress of trying to go out with two friends last week. The first was a miscommunication in the time we were to meet. Friend thought 11:45. I had on my calendar 12:15 to 12:30 and I would drive us to the restaurant. The next day took friend out to lunch who has early dementia. It took a half hour from picking her up to get to the restaurant she picked out because she didn't have good directions. I learned if I take her out again I have to get the directions not her. The traffic was awful in that area which added to the stress and difficulty getting there. That night I had a sore throat from GERD that turned into being hoarse for two days. (Monday and Tuesday) I am more or less recovered now but will skip the choir tonight. I want to give my voice more of a chance to recover.

I learned GERD can happen when eating too fast, not chewing food well enough, eating under stress like I did on Friday. You can strengthen the valve that keeps the stomach acid in your stomach by lying on your back and lifting your head for the count of ten. Sleeping on your left side and head elevated so the upper body is higher. I also have been sipping 2 ounces of aloe in the morning and skipped coffee for two days. Not overeating also helps. I know not to take an antacid. The problem is not too much stomach acid the problem lies in the valve not closing to keep the acid from going up into your windpipe and affecting your voice box. I also know Nexum is not the answer because of too many side effects. Keeping your weight down also helps.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Dermatology yesterday went ok. He freeze sprayed two spots, one one back other on side of neck. Then he marked two for biopsy. Those are on my calf and toe. Not getting that done until they submit the request to insurance, plus appointment isn't until June.
    I sent off a 3 lb box filled with homemade brownies to eldest son. Then a small box to a pen pal filled with accumulated greeting cards I've collected over the years. I still have a pile I've kept, but they can multiply.
    Kitchen is still in the same state like the photos I posted. Nothing has been done as of yet. Its getting to be annoying to grab food from the other room where the fridge is living. I now realize how many chilled items we use to make our meals. I guess that's a good thing huh?
    No phone call from youngest this week. Its been only 2 weeks so I should not be complaining. I miss his mug though.
    Today is gray and misty on the island, so it will be soup making day. Thinking of making a sausage, pasta, beans, and shrimp sort of gumbo. I will take a photo.
    Healing Hugs to all that are hurting.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa