So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy, it was in the 50’s today which felt chilly because it was cloudy and very windy. The temperature in the house dropped from 74 degrees into the high 60’s and I was so cold I had to wear my sweatshirt. I bumped the heat up a tiny bit and spent the afternoon hiding in the cybercafe’s library. Chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha would be good right about now. I think I’d prefer sugar in my iced mocha, too! Anyway, I’m going to finish my very late dessert and head off to bed. The plan for tomorrow is laundry. Yup, exciting day ahead. Not.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Viktor’s cookies and coffee really do hit the spot.

The crispy chocolate ones were very good, but the pffernuse? Pefernoose? I don’t know how to spell them. But they were amazing.

I walked quite a bit the last few days. Enjoying the gardens here. There’s a huge tree in the back garden. I think maybe it’s an oak? There’s some little meadow flowers near there, just starting to bloom.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, Margaretyokada, it could be an oak, everything grows here. We had a little tremor this morning along with our snowy weather. It was an interesting feeling. The whole building shook, but nothing serious. Lasted about 6 seconds. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the grilled salmon with french fries, corn on the cob and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie and vanilla ice cream with an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Ah, good evening Viktor. Another evening with coffee and my favorite endless plate of cookies. Margaret, I like Dutch speculaas better than German pfeffernusse. They do have similar spices. As a child, I loved windmill cookies (speculaas). Of course, I like Biscoff speculoos, too, which are not quite the same as speculaas, although the only difference to me is the texture.

Zzyyggy, that earthquake was centered about 10 miles from where we used to live. There have been others in that area, as well as up and down the east coast. Certainly the area isn’t as prone to earthquakes as the west coast. I’ve experienced earthquakes in California and New Jersey and North Carolina, but they were minor and there was little or no damage. Sweetie experienced an earthquake in Japan that was much more severe. He says it was difficult to stand or walk. Yikes 😬.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Chocolate, Viktor, I’d like some chocolate. Let’s start with a cafe mocha, please. Chocolate monster cookies with M&M’s, milk chocolate and white chocolate chips, and pecans would be good. Oh, and iced with chocolate ganache. I’m sure Francois has them waiting in the kitchen.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. Here tonight. Couldn't make it in yestarday because I lost my internet. The building's internet went down, and hasn't come back up yet. I bought an Xfinity wi fi pass for $10.00. I'll have that internet for 30 days. I may just use that from now on. The normal price for the passes is 20 dollars which is pretty reasonable. We'll see what happens with this Wi fi. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the grilled porter house steak, baked potatoe, corn on the cob, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace. A whole day with out internet, oh the horror of it. I could still read though on my kindle, and watch movies on my DVD player.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! I was wondering where you were. I hate losing internet. If we lose internet we lose our home phone—Google Voice—free phone service. When people call our number, Miss Google answers and asks for their name, then rings our home phone and our cell phones. I love it. Telemarketers hang up on Miss Google. Yes! Plus, I can send calls directly to voice mail easily.

Francois, my favorite cybercafe chef (okay, the only cybercafe chef), made peanut chicken and vegetables with rice noodles for me this evening. 😋 Let’s spend the evening in the man cave watching movies. I want to see Secondhand Lion again. I loved that movie. Viktor promised to bring more iced mochas and brownies. I ordered turtle brownies and s’mores brownies.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, wow that's quite the phone system. Wish I had it to keep out those pesky spam calls. I'm starving tonight, and am going to have the macaroni and cheese platter with lots of bread and butter and some peas and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll join you in the man cave. We had lots of sunshine in the real world today. Watched the Eclipse from home. Too many people every where.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, we watched the eclipse from our back deck. Maybe it’s the eclipse that making me hungry? I ordered chicken and biscuits with gravy, greens and beans, and iced tea for dinner. I think I’ll have Betty’s chocolate chip brownie cookies studded with M&M’s, white chocolate chips, and pecans for dessert. Sweetie wants to know if the cookies will have icing. 🤔
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Wasn't that kind of cool to see total darkness during the day like that. I also got to listen to the crowd on the waterfront ooh and aaah. I didn't get down there to see what kind of food trucks they had. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, dinner rolls, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce, and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace. I can watch the sunset. Why not icing? The cookies have everything else.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, nice sunset Zzyyggy. We didn’t have a total eclipse, just a partial eclipse. It seemed more like a cloudy day than full dark here. Actually, the light was similar to tornado weather except the sky was clear. We had a beautiful day for the eclipse, but today it’s raining. It will be nice to sit out on the terrace for a while.

Sweetie went to Costco today and bought a rotisserie chicken and we had chicken, sweet potatoes, and coleslaw for dinner. Delicious. However, he didn’t get anything for dessert! He claims dessert wasn’t on the list and he bought everything that was on the list. Well! Thank goodness for the cybercafe. I ordered chocolate chip coffee ice cream with chocolate fudge sauce and coffee for dessert. I’m checking my bucket to see if I have a packet of milk chocolate M&M’s. Got it. Anyone else want some M&M’s?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread a salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat it out on the terrace since we didn't have any sunshine in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Chocolate, I need chocolate. Sometimes things (or people) just make you crazy, I don’t want to talk about it. I just want chocolate so I asked Viktor to bring a nice selection of chocolate goodies. I wonder what he’ll bring.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Lol I hear you. People have been driving me crazy all day. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of chili with corn bread and lots of butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll hit the chocolate. Betty had a delicious looking set of chocolate desserts in the email. I'm going to have the Chocolate lover's dream cake with an iced mocha. Had the real thing today at Starbuck's and it was good. I'll eat out on the terrace and enjoy the sunshine since we didn't get any in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Yes, I saw Betty’s turtle cake and thought that would be good, but you can’t beat chocolate cake with chocolate chips and iced with more chocolate chips, ganache, caramel sauce, snickers, and toffee bits. Of course, mini M&M’s will add so much more pizazz. Mm, this iced mocha is delicious and the Chocolate Lover’s Dream Cake is divine. M&M?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. Coming to you from a dark and stormy night. I'm glad I'm not out there. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter. A coca cola with that please. I'll have it in the dining room by the fire. We can watch the fish swimming in the aquariums.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, my favorite waiter, so good to see you. I’m joining Zzyyggy in the dining room by the fire. Sweetie made chili for dinner tonight. I know Francois made chocolate chocolate chip cake with vanilla frosting for dessert. I’m ordering the cake and coffee, please.

Zzyyggy! It was a dark and stormy night—sounds like the start of a mystery book. We had a tiny bit of rain right in the middle of Sweetie mowing the lawn. He had to come in because there was lightning in the area. Now that the storms have passed and the wind has dried things out he can finish mowing before the sun sets. I’m still doing laundry. I’m almost done except for one more load in the dryer. Good thing I can spend some time at the cybercafe and finish laundry at the same time.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited April 13
    Options
    Hi Linda, looking outside last night I thought I was in a mystery novel when they first drive up to the castle in the dark with rain and wind all around. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the porter house steak dinner with baked potato, salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have the apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat it in the dining room by the fire place tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, it's another cold and stormy night out there. I'm glad I'm inside. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy and peas, and lots of dinner rolls. A coca cola with that please.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, no! Zzyyggy, I must have forgotten to hit the post reply button. Anyway, the apple crisp was delicious last night. I wouldn’t mind another evening sitting by the fire. Sunday roast beef dinner sounds wonderful. I’ll have mine with glazed carrots. Iced mochas for dessert served with the cybercafe’s famous endless plate of cookies?

We had a beautiful sunny day. It was a toasty 83 degrees. We’re having a week of temperatures in the 80’s coming up.