๐ŸŒธ ๐Ÿ’ May Daily Weigh in and Logging Challenge๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒธ

Options

Replies

• KountryKat
    KountryKat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Happy May everyone! ๐Ÿฆ‹ Iโ€™m Kat and I live in rural NV with my boyfriend and 5 cats. Iโ€™ve been on a slow weight loss/fitness journey since February. This monthโ€™s challenges will be heavy workload and stress at work and renovations and other projects around the house with 10 days off at the end of the month to focus completely on renovations. My main goal this month is to not burn myself out with so much going on! Mostly healthy meals, exercising when I have energy, and a healthy focus on emotional/mental health.
    SW: 122.6
    UGW: TBD, ~105ish depending on muscle

5/01: 113.8
    5/02: 114.2 I followed through and did a good amount of exercise last night. I have a bit more to do tonight before I let myself shift into weekend mode.
    5/03: 113.0 Another long trip to the city today so Iโ€™ll expect to go up this weekend, but thatโ€™s okay. My weekdays have been consistently good and under calories.
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Hi my name is Kathy 55yr 5'5"
    From NY finger lakes region

SW: 2/04/24: 191.4lb
    UGW: 9/08/24: 145lb
    March 01: 184.9lb
    W: 3/31: 177.0lb
    W: 4/30: 171.9lb

Goal for May 166lb -5.9lb

5/1: 171.9 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜€
    5/2: 172.8 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿค”
    5/3 172.1 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜•

• cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm Charlene, hello again. I'm 58 with a birthday next month; 5'8" tall, married to Allen 40 years tomorrow, wohoo! We have 6 kids, 9 grands, and I work as a home caregiver for the elderly.

Starting weight for May: 183.6
    Today's weight: 183.0
    Goal weight: 150

Yesterday I went out to eat with clients; and the potatoes again. Yanno...I pay for that, because it isn't healthy oil those potatoes are cooked in, and my gut complained all the rest of the day. It's almost as if I have an emotionally unhealthy attachment to those things. I did stay within my calorie limit but didn't reach my step goal or water goal.

@deepwoodslady congrats on your DD graduating! And let us know how you did with the celebratory dinner. I also need to push water!

@iLive2Walk great job on the gardening exercise. Boy, that sodium gets me, too.

Everyone else: great job logging in, keep it up!
  • nwsocal
    nwsocal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    5/1: 194.7
    5/2: 194.8
    5/3: 197.1
    5/4: 195.6
  • KountryKat
    KountryKat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Happy May everyone! ๐Ÿฆ‹ Iโ€™m Kat and I live in rural NV with my boyfriend and 5 cats. Iโ€™ve been on a slow weight loss/fitness journey since February. This monthโ€™s challenges will be heavy workload and stress at work and renovations and other projects around the house with 10 days off at the end of the month to focus completely on renovations. My main goal this month is to not burn myself out with so much going on! Mostly healthy meals, exercising when I have energy, and a healthy focus on emotional/mental health.
    SW: 122.6
    UGW: TBD, ~105ish depending on muscle

5/01: 113.8
    5/02: 114.2
    5/03: 113.0 Another long trip to the city today so Iโ€™ll expect to go up this weekend, but thatโ€™s okay. My weekdays have been consistently good and under calories.
    5/04: 112.6 Have I escaped the consequences of travel? TBD! But my meals were overall not too bad and no snacking at all. Today will be a bit busy, but at least weโ€™re back in town. After completing my exercise goals for the week, relaxation is on the menu! ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,985 Member
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 63 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from April 30th): 185.6
    Goal: 181.6 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

05/01-185.4-(Trend Weight 182.3)

05/02-185.4-(Trend Weight 182.4)

05/03-182.6-(Trend Weight 182.6)- This is an extra-early weigh in. I usually donโ€™t weigh myself on Fridays. Whoosh! Iโ€™m not sure why, Probably glycogen. It was a good day yesterday, however. It was a lower calorie day on the zig-zag plan with a max of 1250 calories and 78 carbs. I was a bit under on both. Tomorrow my oldest DD graduates with her first college degree. I am so excited for her. She is turning 41 next month so going back to college for a teaching degree was a big deal. I have to venture to a faraway town I never go to. A VERY BIG town for a country girl like me so Iโ€™m a bit nervous about the drive. Thank Goodness for GPS. I heard about some weird circular turnabouts they have there so I am a little terrified right now, Iโ€™m not gonna lie. This should be interesting. There will be a celebratory dinner out afterward. I will have little control of the menu but all control of the choices. I hope I keep this positive attitude at the restaurant tomorrow! Today I am working on water consumption as Iโ€™ve let that slip lately. Have a great weekend everyone.

05/04-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)- Up very early and out the door asap for the long trip to daughterโ€™s college graduation. We had a dinner afterward at a restaurant in the city. Just getting home now around 10 PM. Iโ€™ll probably skip weighing tomorrow after so much food and sitting today but Iโ€™ll be back at it on Monday at regular wake-up time. It was a lovely day filled with pride!

05/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)- My 64th birthday!

05/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

05/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Hi my name is Kathy 55yr 5'5"
    From NY finger lakes region

SW: 2/04/24: 191.4lb
    UGW: 9/08/24: 145lb
    March 01: 184.9lb
    W: 3/31: 177.0lb
    W: 4/30: 171.9lb

Goal for May 166lb -5.9lb

5/1: 171.9 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜€
    5/2: 172.8 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿค”
    5/3 172.1 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜•
    5/4: 172.6 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿค”

• AshesSquared
    AshesSquared Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ashes! Married with 2 girls (3 y.o and 8 month old) ๐Ÿ’• Excited for May to be great!

Height 5'5"
    SW October 21, 2023: 154.8 lbs
    โ˜”April Loss: -1lb

End of May Goal: 149 lbs
    End of August Goal: 140lbs
    End of December Goal: 130 lbs

May 1: DNW
    May 2: 151.8 lbs ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿฅฐ so surprised by this number, I weighed myself 3 times this morning xD What a great surprise start for May!
    May 3: 152.6 lbs eh, those silly whooshes always take me by surprise. We're still in the game though!
    May 4: 152.6 lbs

Posting later than normal, so there'll be a seemingly quick update, but I weigh in the mornings (lowest most easily trackable weight)

Star Wars Day/ Date night tried to keep the craze tamed, but won't be surprised by a sodium raise in weight tomorrow ๐ŸŒผ ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘จ
  • koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the continuing challenge. May this month be good for us all.

May daily weigh in.

May Start weight: 90.2kg
    May Goal weight: 87kg

01/05 - 90.2kg
    02/05 - 89.8kg
    03/05 - 89.5kg
    04/05 - 89.5kg
    05/05 - 89.7kg
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ๐ŸŒธHAPPY MAY!!! ๐ŸŒธ

CW-155.4 <3
    GW-150.4 <3
    UGW-145.0 <3

1. 155.4 <3
    2. 154.8 <3
    3. DNW
    4. DNW
    5. 153.8 <3
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,516 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty). I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023. Back for another month with these wonderful people.

My goals for May:

โš–๏ธ Lose 2% of my body weight my 4 pounds per month is getting really difficult now that I almost to my goal weight - but still am going to try to get that 4 pounds! Get into the 140s!
    ๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 17k Steps
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ Stretching routine - 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿซ€ Aerobics 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 6+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    ๐Ÿ“– ๐ŸŽฎ or ME! Read, play a game or Me time daily

๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ“– ๐Ÿง‚ ๐ŸŽฎ or ME!

Each Month I write a reflection on how the month went. Here's My April Reflection if anyone wants to read:
    April 2024 Reflection

April was basically a frustrating weight loss month; lost 1.2 pounds. Didnโ€™t reach my stretch or regular weight loss goal. At least it wasnโ€™t a gain. Started off the month with indulging on Easter, then took an overnight trip to see the Eclipse and was also off plan. Then mid-month realized I had a problem with my bathroom scale โ€“ apparently, I have been underestimating my weight for a while โ€“ new scale new weight and it wasnโ€™t pretty. Worked hard the last couple weeks, and at least I got down to below my starting weight โ€“ which who knows if that was correct. For May โ€“ my goal is to get into the 140s come hell or high water.

I have been successful with the exercise, averaging well over my 17K goal, and tracked a little over 250 miles again in April; year to date a little over 1,000; almost have way there. I am also on track for intentional miles with a little over 750 miles to date.

I have been keeping on plan with my cardio and strength routines. I alternate one day of cardio and then one day of strength. Although I do not like them much, I add one stretch type routine weekly. I have been having some trouble with some pain in my knees โ€“ so found a stretching knee exercise that I began adding daily at the end of the month. I have an appointment with the Doctor May 1 to see what she says. Hopefully, I can continue to walk and wonโ€™t have to take a break.

I started re-reading the first book of the Harry Potter series, along with my Hogwarts Challenge. I finished โ€œThe Masked Cityโ€ and am on the third book of the Invisible Library Series โ€“ โ€œThe Burning Pageโ€.
    The next round of The Biggest Loser starts May 1. We have a full team, and I spent a lot of time in-between rounds getting ready. Looking forward to the start. The Hogwarts Challenge started; always a fun one. I rejoined Fat2Fit - I can do it.
    • My May Goals:
    • Get into the 140 range!
    • Log 150 intentional miles; and 250 in overall miles
    • Alternate days of Cardio and Strength Training
    • Stretch 3 days per week
    • Average 17K steps per day
    • Read almost every day

Here is my before and after picture for April. Not much different than last month but found a new before picture and took an after at the same spot.

7n6u5wwbjdfh.png

b]Highest Weight 228[/b]

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 |Apr 151.6

๐ŸŒท๐ŸชปMay Starting Weight: 151.6๐Ÿชป๐ŸŒท

๐ŸŒท๐ŸชปMay ๐Ÿชป๐ŸŒท

May 1: 151.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽฎME! A good day for me yesterday; got it all done and had some Me time. I love a new month - a fresh start; and so glad to be back.
    May 2: 150.6 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚ ๐ŸŽฎ ME! A nice swish - hope it stays off. Still working towards that old scale number (had to replace the old scale mid-April and the new scale was ugly and not nice). As much as I hate to say it, the new scale was right. Went to the doctor yesterday and the numbers matched to the decimal. Nice day yesterday - moved bingo night with the family to Wednesday this week. Noone won, but it is always fun.
    May 3: 152.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ“– ๐ŸŽฎ I should keep my mouth quiet when I have big downside - it always bites me in the butt. Busy day yesterday. Got our morning walk done, then worked in the garden most of the day. Spread the rest of the soil and turned it in. Got the carrots, potatoes, and parsnips planted. Cleaned up the screened porch which was filled with garden stuff. Exhausted, so of course binged a little - but with all the exercise today came just under my calorie limit - with binging of course went over the sodium limit.
    May 4: 151.6 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚ ๐ŸŽฎ Another busy day in the garden, also busy with a relay race in another challenge that I am in - kept me busy all day.
    May 5: 151.6 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช ๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿ’ฆ๐ŸŽฎ What I expected (or a gain). Relay race for the Hogwarts challenge and the garden (finished) kept me so busy yesterday when dinnertime came I said I'm too exhausted to cook - we got subway, which has so much sodium, then I had pretzels, and cookies - ate all my exercise calories. Had two calories left for the day! I did take a beautiful walk in the morning yesterday along the Connecticut River and got this shot with the sun reflecting in the water - and they put the docks in, guess that means it's time to get the boat ready!

dnwifrcwamy1.jpg

• judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    @iLive2Walk: gorgeous shot of the mist and sun!