What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,659 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from last night’s Thai dinner party. A nam prik ong I forgot to photograph yesterday as a starter. Gai yang with dipping sauce and pomelo salad as a main.
    f2o12gfl7pyw.jpeg
    i5lte686tqke.jpeg
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Lunch: around 350 calories
    Salad, salmon, a little air fried tofu. Some balsamic vinegar dressing nn4axnjxcla5.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    California roll temaki, salmon tataki, miso soup.
    6vlw2h728vgd.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Early dinner on the patio

🍽️ Seafood Cauli paella w all sorts of veggie leftovers, mussels, octopus, scallops, shrimp
    -Shot of turmeric
    - Blue spirulina kombucha
    -Dessert- strawberries

3z9ql4v6551i.jpeg
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Corn and Zucchini Salad with Feta... yum! (I couldn't find zucchini blossoms, so I made do without.)
    uiysko38qqk9.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Leftovers management. Sesame udon using last weekend's satay sauce with Chinese sesame paste and black vinegar. Last of Wednesday night's roast chicken shredded and served cold with leftover naem jew dipping sauce thinned down with Xiaoxing rice wine. Last of Wednesday's pomelo salad stretched with a little tomato and blanched snow pea.
    29ibk4n708dt.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Today's dinner (Sunday) - was at a parksystem training today for volunteers, and by the time I got home it was 630pm. Made this fairly quick one-dish sautee (ok, 2 dish - I parboiled frozen peas and pasta separately and sequentially in the same water before adding them to the sautee pan to finish cooking). Made the tomato sauce from a small can of tomato paste and some pasta water. Came out pretty good. I learned from my last weeks' experiment with par boiling pasta intended to hydrate completely with a pan sauce; I got the proportions a bit better tonight. Diced fresh chicken breast, pasta, tomato sauce, herbs and spices, 4 colors of peppers, peas, onions, minced garlic. Enough in the batch for 3 dinners. Shown is one night/two servings. Haven't yet computed my numbers from MFP, but it should have decent protein, moderate carb, fair amount of fiber, and a bonus gut-health checkmark from all the veg colors.

aoldum26bwbd.png

• mjbnj0001
    Options
    This past week's bean dish (made with Rancho Gordo's deliciously potato-y Snowcap Beans):
    -- I prepped and portioned out several servings. Easy to reheat in the microwave (I add a tbsp of olive oil at serving time). Nice comfort food, I particularly like the rich tomato-y broth.

good organization and planning.
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    Cindyk4919 wrote: »
    Lunch: around 350 calories
    Salad, salmon, a little air fried tofu. Some balsamic vinegar dressing

I'm always on the hunt for salmon dishes. This looks good for summer.
  • acpgee
    Options
    A hamburger and air fryer chips. I ran into a timing problem which is why they are not photographed together.
    v8qsg777patm.jpeg
    t45crvciyw83.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,934 Member
    edited May 7
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    I heartily recommend Salmon with Potatoes and Horseradish-Tarragon Sauce. Always a hit 'round these parts. You can play around with the veggie part of the dish, I like cauliflower instead of potato and someone I shared this recipe with just made it with turnips, carrots, and beets added to the potatoes, which looked beautifully dramatic and apparently turned out delicious as well.
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    I heartily recommend Salmon with Potatoes and Horseradish-Tarragon Sauce. Always a hit 'round these parts. You can play around with the veggie part of the dish, I like cauliflower instead of potato and someone I shared this recipe with just made it with turnips, carrots, and beets added to the potatoes, which looked beautifully dramatic and apparently turned out delicious as well.

Thanks. That link also goes to other salmon recipes.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Sausage ragu pulled out of the freezer from the batch cooked with a girlfriend before we went to Canada to visit my mom. Side of green salad with strawberries, a little feta and red onion.
    osbwa60pqfeq.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    i was watching Australian Masterchef and had to try to Alvin's Drunken Chicken because the judges raved. It is a very light and diet friendly being rice wine poached chicken and a SE Asian salad with an oil free dressing. I wonder if the judges prefer light dishes especially in the early stages of the contest when they have to taste dishes from 12+ different contestants. I added coconut rice and braised bok choi.
    rgp6fep4bk2g.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    getvt3jg7ccf.jpegbhcwwjy3dyzf.jpeg

4x8d2z1z44j4.jpeg

Some work travel earlier this week so lots of meals out. The spaghetti was good, from a local chain in Ohio.