• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,108 Member
    Options
    🙋🏼‍♀️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,739 Member
    Options
    Morning All
    My son had a blast at Vid Con in Philly..
    He is on the train now on his way back will go down and pick him up..
    Glad he had a great time..he like me likes to travel..but to certain things..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Rita - do you have a preferred range of carbs that you want to stick to? I aim for under 80 net carbs, and of course that's eliminating the white starchy stuff. I can still manage a handful of berries and small apple without doing too much damage but boy, those carbs sure add up don't they?

I wanted to thank you for telling us about DietDoctor.com a while back with the in-depth information about various forms of low/lower carb eating. <3

I haven't tried cauliflower rice before but plan to pick some up next time I'm at the store. I see on the Walmart website they have organic in the frozen section. Might be the best value for me since I don't want to mess with a whole head of it.

I need to do more of what Lisa does with cooking up a bunch of burger and adding taco seasoning or something to spice it up a bit. Keep up with the protein. ;)

Lisa - loved the photo of you, Corey and your friends. (Agree about his eyes!! <3) I know you'll have fun with them while they are there.

Heard from my sis, they have decided to stay in a motel when they come in July, as they'd originally planned, rather than at my house. They gave some thought to my warning about vocal Rosie. They used to have a yappy dog and were always yelling "shut up!". I told sis Rosie thinks that's her middle name, so probably a wise decision on their part.

Barbie - thank you for the reminder about focusing on things to be grateful for when our lives take a worrisome turn.

When I start worrying about overwhelming tasks around this place or a situation I can't control, I remind myself "what we think about expands". In other words, think about how much I've been able to accomplish or how much I'm able to have control over my diet, walking, and what I choose to read and view. The good things remind me of more good things. If I focus on the negative, a small worry becomes huge and wrecks my day.

Barbie - I think it was you who posted something to the effect that the more we give thanks, the more we'll have to be thankful for. Wise words.

Carol - glad your DH is going to the doctor tomorrow and that you'll be going with him. Crossing fingers the doc can get him fixed up, and ease any unnecessary worry for both of you.

Weekly Check-In reminder - please get your info to me today or by noon tomorrow. ;)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,067 Member
    Options
    Barbie I call it being aware of the muck. Gratitude and focusing on what you can do to make your life and health better is what keeps the muck from pulling you down.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

I haven't tried cauliflower rice before but plan to pick some up next time I'm at the store. I see on the Walmart website they have organic in the frozen section. Might be the best value for me since I don't want to mess with a whole head of it.

I need to do more of what Lisa does with cooking up a bunch of burger and adding taco seasoning or something to spice it up a bit. Keep up with the protein. ;)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I mix half cauliflower rice with regular white(Japanese) rice when I make fried rice and neither son or dh can tell the difference.

I cook ground turkey in bulk- half I add taco seasoning and half Italian herb or Asian(soy,ginger, garlic)- put in ziplock bags for quick toppings for my salads or to add to some veggies or in tacos.

Heading to church- sunny but chilly at just 50. Walked around barefoot for a few minutes and now my toes are hurting(Reynauds acting up)burning/hurting/itching. Have fuzzy socks on with my dress shoes- cant tell, my dress is long and covers it.

May work in the garden later- depends on how wet it is- it poured most of yesterday.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,588 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Terri - I forgot to mention how much I appreciate when you give details about what you've done to stay on track with keeping your weight under control. Good advice for newbies and great reminders for those of us not-so-new. <3

Debbie - great suggestions for mixing cauliflower rice and white rice. I read somewhere that Jasmine and Basmati rice have lesser of a glycemic load that some other rices. I miss those fragrant rices. I've sometimes packaged browned turkey or chicken or burger in smaller packages like that, but have never done it already seasoned. Neat idea!

Barbie - great idea with the turkey burger. I'll grab some next time I'm at the store. After cooking for what, over 50 years, I run out of ideas even though I have a big shelf of cookbooks and every recipe imaginable here at my fingertips on the internet! I guess I just like hearing what other folks are making. :p I've never used Matzo Meal so looking forward to it.

Heather - Max looks so grown up in his hat, what a handsome kid. Beautiful cake! Did I count 14 candles?

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Terri - I forgot to mention how much I appreciate when you give details about what you've done to stay on track with keeping your weight under control. Good advice for newbies and great reminders for those of us not-so-new. <3

Debbie - great suggestions for mixing cauliflower rice and white rice. I read somewhere that Jasmine and Basmati rice have lesser of a glycemic load that some other rices. I miss those fragrant rices. I've sometimes packaged browned turkey or chicken or burger in smaller packages like that, but have never done it already seasoned. Neat idea!

Barbie - great idea with the turkey burger. I'll grab some next time I'm at the store. After cooking for what, over 50 years, I run out of ideas even though I have a big shelf of cookbooks and every recipe imaginable here at my fingertips on the internet! I guess I just like hearing what other folks are making. :p I've never used Matzo Meal so looking forward to it.

Heather - Max looks so grown up in his hat, what a handsome kid. Beautiful cake! Did I count 14 candles?

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I prefer just about any rice over the Japanese sticky rice but that is the only kind dh eats(and he would eat it every day if he could which is NOT a good thing for a diabetic) I really like wild rice or brown rice- at least there is texture and flavor with them. Only time I cook other white rice is if I am making fried rice(you can make it with left over Japanese rice but texture is different and you really have to fry it a lot to get it right), or in chicken and rice- again. Texture thing.

I get ground turkey on great sales and will cook it all at one time- one pan, less clean up, plus quick meals using it.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,588 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 31min 9sec, vacuum, dust, make/refill hummingbird food, laundry fold/put away, etc= 987c