Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Geez, I say HOW MUCH I HATE myself in pictures. I am not as gray as I would like to be, I may end up coloring my hair again.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    weather was great, especially while walking the wetlands. I made a point of really enjoying every bit of it.
    Drama with dh(nothing new there. More drama with them again tonight. He isn't home yet. I am not looking forward to when he does get home) and the fact that Ezie has no school tomorrow so I don't get to walk the dog or the wetlands tomorrow and then no class on Monday. There was just the right amount of breeze.
    Will finish the day at just over 17,000 steps today.
    Ezie and I will work in the garden tomorrow. She will plant the potatoes(two kinds). She will dig, mix the soil, plant then water them. I am hoping I can get her to do some sidewalk chalk in the front so I can dead head the roses. If not, I will do them this weekend.
    Will be doing yard work at MIL's on Sat. again. Shouldn't take too long but who knows.
    BBQ at church but I won't be going-don't feel like going by myself.

I do need to work on the 3d printed stuff- have a show in two weeks in Antioch. Supposed to be a really big one. Have a basket full that need to be cleaned then bagged up.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I learned a long time ago to not compare my insides with someone else's outsides. While I was a rumbling bucket of anxiety in the dentist's waiting room, everyone else looked serene. The new young dentist was very thorough and kind as was his assistant but the exam and x-rays showed what I feared-- two small cavities that will be filled next month and a cavity in a cracked wisdom tooth that can't be filled and will have to be extracted. I have all my teeth and have worked hard to keep them but I guess I'll have to put on my big girl pants and do what I don't want to do.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Yeah, the dental experience is never nice. If they're doing a lot of work, I usually take a couple pain killers and a gravol before to relax me and make me sleepy.

I know I've got more work that needs doing, but after I get this crown finished, I don't plan on going back until something starts bothering me.

You've done well to keep your teeth.

I work with aged care data and one of the government dental goals I read recently is to ensure that by the time people go into residential care, they still have at least 20 teeth. I had to do a quick count and I've still got 25. I bet you've got more!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Geez, I say HOW MUCH I HATE myself in pictures. I am not as gray as I would like to be, I may end up coloring my hair again.

I think I've got about as much grey as you do. I debate about growing it out but it doesn't seem like enough grey yet.

Your short hair, with the amount of grey you've got, looks good!

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    Machka - it must feel nice to have the flooring being put down.
    I weigh the same as you.
    We’ve batted around the idea of sleeping separately, we do a bit. Rodger does not sleep well, he usually goes to bed before me and wakes up long before me. We only share a bed for about 4 hours when he’s working days. In the winter we don’t at all.
    I really miss that connection though.

Annie - hugs to you. Would your dad go visit your aunt and uncle while you’re out?

Lisa - I’ll check Sarah Milican out.
    My practicum is going well. There are no students in this class on IEP’s so I’m working with the whole class for the most part. There are 4 that I’ll be prodding a little more though.
    Today the grades 5’s and 6’s had a character assembly, this occurs every Thursday. For some reason I had it in my head they were studying characters like Mickey Mouse, but it’s our character they are encouraging. Today’s lesson was about honesty. This is led by the VP and gives the teachers prep time.

Rita - I learned about that cone last year when I was learning how to empty the tank from the camper we borrowed.
    Hopefully it’s easily fixed.

Barbara - no schools in the summers, I’m trying to come up with some ideas though.
    I just loved Young Sheldon. I’m actually thinking of watching Big Bang and Young Sheldon all over again. I’m excited to watch Georgie and Mandy’s first Marriage this Fall.

Barbie - sorry about the dentist news.

I don’t have my wisdom teeth, but have all of my own teeth except one is a crown.
    I’m shocked at this because I never saw a dentist for about 20 years, I’m terrified of them.

Pip - I’m still colouring my hair every 6-8 weeks, I’m not interested in going grey at all yet. I think you have a nice mix though.

Not a lot to say tonight, I sure am glad tomorrow is Friday. I’m beat.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »

I think I've got about as much grey as you do. I debate about growing it out but it doesn't seem like enough grey yet.

Your short hair, with the amount of grey you've got, looks good!

M in Oz

Thx. I want all white, I still have too much brown hair.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Barbara - no schools in the summers, I’m trying to come up with some ideas though.

Tracey in Edmonton

What about substituting in childcare centres?

I did that one year during the 1990s recession.

I started in early March, and only got the occasional day here and there at first ... but as summer approached, I started getting 1 and 2 weeks at a time when regular staff went on holidays. I was working between 3 places and by early June I was fully booked for the summer, right through to about the end of September.

Then in October, I started picking up hours in a bulk spice place as they started getting busy for winter, and divided my time between childcare centres and the spice place.

But at least if you're working in childcare centres, you're still working with children and getting experience.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Here they won’t do a joint replacement if there is any infection anywhere in the body. The new joint is a beacon for infection and if the infection travels there the problems can be endless.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

I'm pretty sure they won't do joint replacements here either if there is any infection anywhere in the body. In fact, they're not keen on doing most surgeries if there's an infection in the body somewhere.

But about UTIs and hip replacements:

Effect of urinary tract infection on the risk of prosthetic joint infection: A systematic review and meta-analysis
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1479666X20300561
    "Conclusion
    This study identified UTI as being significantly associated with PJI after joint arthroplasty and PJI occurring via the haematogenous route from the genitourinary tract harbouring bacteria in UTI. Therefore, postponing surgery and even treating patients with known UTI preoperatively are recommended."

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    I lost my wisdom teeth as a teen. I have the rest of my teeth. Two are capped but no root canal. I noticed since I have changed the way I eat my sinuses and the one capped tooth on the same side I had sinus issues no longer bothers me. I learned when I was researching a better diet for myself that tooth and gum disease is caused by bacteria that grows in an acidic environment. Sugar and too much starch creates this environment. I do try to rinse my mouth after eating with either plain water or a small amount of aloevera juice which is basic.

I brush my teeth like fine China as Rebecca taught me with a small amount of baking soda and tooth powder made of ground organic bone no fluoride or fluoride rinse. I am also using the mouth tape so I breathe through my nose at night.

Between the new diet and the new regime in the care of my teeth. I am noticing my teeth and gums appear healthier. Less staining and gums no more bleeding.

Learning more that the state of health of your mouth can have an effect on the rest of your health. There were years I did not go to a doctor but I always went to the dentist and my routine eye exams.

I do ask my hygienist about my breath too. She does notice what is called diabetic breath. If she notices it she recommends her patient go see their doctor. So far so good for me.

I am a firm believer in listening to your body and if I notice a problem starting to try the least invasive ways of correcting the problem first.
    If I have to go to a more advanced way of dealing with it at least the healthier habits I have will hopefully give me a better outcome.