• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited May 25
    Options
    Lisa - It's OK to have a nap in the afternoon. I've done it all my life, and it's been a life saver. I absolutely love it. It's my happy time. Like you, my nights are brief and interrupted, so it's essential for my physical and mental health.
    Why don't you get in touch with the gynaecologist and confess your fears. I'm sure it won't be a surprise to her. You can explain your background. It will help her reassure you and you will feel proactive. (Important to me) I find a breath in, and a big sigh out, like when you are really happy to sink into a comfortable chair, is much better than box breathing. It tells the vagus nerve you are happy and relaxed! Box breathing makes my nerves worse!
    Can't hurt to give it a try.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    e49mibt6dntm.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited May 25
    Options
    For those who asked, :D<3 my surgery date is next Friday. 31st May.
    I'm scheduled for the morning, but I won't know until Thursday afternoon if that is definite.

My friend A rang me yesterday, trying to help me with homeopathic remedies. No objection to others using them, but I don't believe in the concept. I also really hate being told what to fo, or given unwanted advice πŸ™ƒ, but I know she meant well. I've always hated people, teachers, etc telling me something I know already. It feels insulting and infantilising to me. New information is always welcome. I felt a bit sorry for her, but she has always been a bit 'woo woo' with her crystals etc. But it's not that, it's someone trying to tell me what to do. Just don't. >:) IRL it wouldn't go well. :o

Lovely weather. 😍 I'm slowly getting organised for the kids overnight stay, and my pre and post op. Everything takes a really long time and is tiring, but, with John's willing help, we are getting there. On Monday the whole sanitising regime starts. Clean everything. Linen, towels, clothes......

I'm going to do my roots today, as I think it'll be a while before I can bend over easily. Natural blonde again. :p

Listened to some great podcasts/videos this morning. One from Clutterbug about how to change your mindset about things like cleaning,.and one from Minimal Mom about dealing with household tasks when you are sick, or disabled, or depressed. Excellent. Also about how to help those people. Both on YouTube.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    edited May 25
    Options
    Lanette - No, there's no basement or storm shelter, but the house itself is made of stone, and built better than more than a few aboveground storm shelters I've seen... An inside hall is as good as it gets for shelter.

Heather - You're right, I just need to get over the nap thing, and accept that it's a routine that my body wants to follow. Hangover from the working years, I guess, being uneasy about disappearing mid-afternoon every day! πŸ‘€πŸ˜„πŸ˜œ And the gyno does know, I expressed my feelings very clearly during my first visit with him a few months ago. Very VERY few women doctors go to work for the VA, unfortunately, and even fewer gynecologists of either gender. He's the only one in a couple hundred mile radius, but because he exists, he's my only option. He is genuinely a very kind, soft-touch doctor with a wonderful manner, treated me respectfully, told me everything he was going to do, had a female nurse with us every minute. I just hate it at near-phobia levels. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ Thanks for the heads up on the deep breath routine, hadn't occurred to me that the box breathing might ramp things up. Will have to try it.

Noni in Alabama - Welcome! On May 31, Barbie will post a link to the new month of June, and we will all start over, as we do every month, with a clean slate. It's helpful to see where we've been, but to start fresh. Glad you're here, drop into any conversation that appeals. We avoid politics and religion, but otherwise widen our focus to the whole woman, family, work for those still working, everything that impacts our daily lives affects our health, and the end goal for all of us is to be healthy.

Jacki - Well done on the weight loss! It's always a boost at the beginning. One big key in most of our journeys has been to evolve eating and exercise routines for ourselves that are sustainable long-term and lifelong. You can do this!

No idea what the day holds--Corey was out cold in his chair by 7:30 last night, feed a hard-working man some pizza πŸ• and a few beers 🍺🍺 , and suddenly you have a paperweight on your hands! πŸ₯±πŸ˜΄πŸ’€πŸ˜„. Hopefully he continues to sleep, he certainly needs it. Until he's up and around, though, I'm going to get some quilting done. Got my one panel done last night, and finally got some want-to back to get this thing finished!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I walked a mile yesterday, and it didn't seem bad. But this morning my muscles are tight. And I am meeting a friend to walk in a local park. Last time I was there the mosquitoes were pretty bad. Well, this is me being reluctant to exercise. I must get over it.

I stayed up late again to finish a book by Laura Griffin. That's my happy time. So I might well take a nap later.

Lots to do before my sister comes on Monday.

I'm going to try to come up with a budget for Dad. At least a picture of current income and expenses. That's critical for planning.

Allie and Lanette, yes I am getting more familiar with the state website. And I found a site that matches sitters and nurses to jobs. It comes back to deciding what we can afford. And whether I really want a stranger in my home.

Hope you all have a relaxing holiday where it's observed. Have fun, and may you all be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    edited May 25
    Options
    My exercise the last couple days has been in the garden and moving stuff heavy garden stuff like enormous sleepers.

My husband and I are both sporting bruised knuckles and I've lost a lot of skin off a knuckle and other parts of my hands. No, we haven't been fighting! :lol: Well, I guess we've been fighting against gravity with big, heavy garden stuff.

I think I surprised my husband with how easily I handled my end of these sleepers. He wasn't keen on me helping at first, but these things were long and he was struggling, so I picked up an end. To get them onto the roof of our van, I had to hold my end straight up over my head with my arms extended as far as I could. If I were a bit taller, I might have been able to help more, but still, it made the job easier with me at one end of these things than if he had tried to manoeuvre them on his own.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Lanette, Thank you for the book recommendation. I found the first in the series at our library in several different formats so I'll look into it.

:)Machka, Thank you for the reminder that dental procedures have improved over time.

:)Heather, I, too, don't like it when someone provides unsolicited advice. Someone once made a comment about people who "give helpful advice to people who are happier than they are"

:)Lisa, Jake's doctor recommended that he take a nap every afternoon to improve his heart health. Enjoy your naps especially since they are something you couldn't do while you were employed outside your home. Also, don't people in many hot weather areas routinely rest during the hottest part of the day?

:) We have another drizzly day in store so one more day I won't build dirt hills and plant pumpkin seeds.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, pip! πŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰ πŸ’₯ πŸ₯³
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: Β»
    auntiebk wrote: Β»
    Happy birthday, pip! πŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰ πŸ’₯ πŸ₯³

Thanks! I’m officially old! On Medicare, 65!

Congratulations!!! Happy Birthday!! :p

Lanette B)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Allie!
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    PIP

9968y8hc0q8f.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) Happy Birthday, Pip, I remember that you had a big celebration for your 60th. How have you celebrated this one?