• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Morning friends
    The birds are singing outside and its going to be beautiful.. going to try and get some laundry done.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,405 Member
    Options
    Jackie - good job and great plan swapping the carbs for more meat and/or veggies. Yes, we are one busy group. ;)

Annie - thinking about all of the challenges you are facing. Dad's increasing care. The potential of losing your home if he goes into assisted living. I could be wrong, but your sis might not only be concerned about your dad, but about you as well. A lot to consider, and it's overwhelming.

That early dementia program at the Senior Center sounds neat, maybe your sister could go along with you to find out more if you haven't been there already.

Also, another idea - Area Agency on Aging if you haven't visited them. There's probably one in your county. Their whole job is to provide resources. The one in our county has social workers and counselors that caregivers can talk to as well. Ours is funded with some federal $$ and grants if I remember correctly.

Lisa - that Feria hair color is impressive. Looks very good on you!

Pip- love your summer haircut. And your hair color! If you want gray I have plenty to share. I think you'd have liked the picture more if someone else would have taken it (different camera angle) and you could have had a chance to smile. Selfies can look like mug shots, or at least mine do when I take them. :p They all get deleted immediately.

Rita - You've been getting in some good exercise, wow! Nice of you to put that turtle back in the water.

Barbie - glad you like your dentist; I'm sure you'll be glad when everything is done. I still have 28 teeth anchored in my jaw, I've lost track of how many are crowned, I know all of my molars are. My wisdom teeth got yanked when I was 18.

Barbara - nice you'll be able to get back with the BB&B. Glad Tumble took you for a walk, lol. - I know, it used to tug on my heartstrings when Rosie felt left behind and cry when I'd take off to run an errand. :(

Diabetes Prevention Action Plan - I'm just babbling here so feel free to skip:
    Our "assignment" is to list one action plan that could help delay the onset of T2 diabetes, based on the class discussion last Monday. I've come up with 2.

1.) Get back to the gym. Even though I get plenty of exercise and activity working outside right now, getting back into the gym habit and doing some dedicated strength training is probably a good idea. Blink your eyes and it's winter again, right? The plan is stop there at least once a week before my early morning shopping. I remember James Clear's advice on getting back to the gym. Just show up if nothing else. Get used to swinging into the parking lot. :p Make it a habit and go from there. :p

2.) Drinking more water. I already drink a LOT of liquid during the day, mostly coffee and green tea. And get a few cups of water in addition. But I'll start tracking it to make sure I'm getting at least 4 cups or more of plain water each day. Recommendations vary on the need to chug extra water if already consuming plenty of liquid, most advise using urine color as a guide.

Make it a super day. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    edited May 24
    Options
    Lisa - I was well aware that a UTI would scupper the operation. That's why I was so worried. They do a urine test the morning you go in.
    My problem was that it was hard to tell if I had one or not. I had some leukocytes, but only a small amount, and sometimes none at all on the test. I was just aware that 'down there' was not comfortable all the time and it was preying on my mind. (No pain on peeing.) I am drinking a lot of water, so that may have obscured the results. Even the doctor wasn't sure when she tested, and I think she wouldn't have given me the antibiotics under normal circumstances. Of course, they will send it off to the labs, but she gave me my normal, wide-spectrum, Cefalexin.
    I was very worried about the practice being closed for the bank holiday, and I'm extremely glad I went, and that she was sympathetic. I hope to feel better soon, and can think about other things! :D
    I had a lovely long nap this afternoon!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,526 Member
    Options
    Oooh Machka, I love your floors. Very beautiful stain!💖👍🏼

Margaret yes soft brush and small circles. I was so surprised the dentist said I was brushing too hard and that is why my guns were receding, exposing the roots a bit. I was always a firm believer that the most vigorous I brushed the better.

PipLove the haircut, and keep your natural color! Its beautiful too!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,674 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 14min 43sec, 59elev, 2.90ap, 109ahr, 167mhr, 6.63mi= 753c
    Strava app = 812c
    Walk home to gym- 11.25min, .53mi= 60c
    Strava app= 65c
    Treadmill jog- 32.01min, 125spm, 130ahr, 166mhr, 5.5sp for 1st 2.1mi, last mile @6.5 and 7.0sp, 10.18min mi, 5k= 354c
    Walk gym to store then home- 18.10min, .83mi= 96c
    Strava app= 102c

Total cal 1303
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,674 Member
    Options