Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,652 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walks/family- 2hrs 16min 39sec, 115elev, 2.62ap, 77ahr, 91mhr, 6.04mi= 640c
    Strava app = 739c
    Outside jog- 10.51min, 24elev, 10.48min mi, 146spm, 151aw, 129ahr, 159mhr, 1mi= 107c
    Strava app= 123c

Total cal 747

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,295 Member
    Options
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    So happy for you, Beth!

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,652 Member
    Options
    Welcome new peeps in tha house

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,481 Member
    Options
    Lisa- I know that it is only part of it,and ive made some good choices at the grocery store ,and I will be charting what I eat and trying to at least get out and start walking 10 min a day..its a start.

Well done, Allie - I just worry about you, my dear friend, it's been a few tough years for you, with all the issues with your health, and Tracey's babies. I've found that the big drugs have drawbacks as well as benefits, or they have had for me. I hope it's all you hope it will be.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,870 Member
    Options
    Yay Beth! Hope things continue to go well.

Got part of the gazebo area mowed today and of course it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I did some spraying this evening on areas where we don't want things to grow, areas where we have put rocks and don't want weeds taking over.

Tomorrow is water exercise and we will see if I get a chance to do any yard work.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,071 Member
    Options
    I made another attempt at buying a bra this morning. I really can't wear a conventional bra, as I have a very broad back and ribcage and always feel as if the life is being crushed out of me by a vice, whatever size I buy. My breasts are not big, so I've been using tight fitting camisole tops to keep everything together. It works reasonably ok, but, in the summer, I don't always want that extra layer. So I'm going to try a new type of very light stretchy seamless bra, in a flesh colour. I have no faith this will be any better, but I can always return it. I've seen it loads of times on YouTube, and the reviews are good. Not sure about my size, but I've gone for XL. I will probably take the padded cups out.
    Wish me luck! It will be a game-changer if it works.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

It was worth it for me to get professionally fitted.

But for more casual purposes, I go with Bonds.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,071 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I haven't shared all my food fussiness by any means. A short list:
    • I like the taste of onions, but hate the texture, so Corey's learned when he's cooking for me to chop them up very small or very large so I can pick them out.
    • You already know that green vegetables taste like bitter dirt to me.
    • I despise green peppers in particular, they take over everything they get close to, and I don't like the flavor to begin with.
    • If I eat lettuce or spaghetti they have to be chopped up very small so they don't stick and make me upchuck later (for those who are new, I had a gastric bypass in 2005).
    • Any kind of meat I do eat has to have some kind of sauce with it, or I also have issues with them sticking.
    • I do not like bone-in or skin on chicken, hate the tendons and bits and weird bones, they make me gag. Most of the time, I prefer not to know what the chicken used it for while they were alive. Pretty much the same with cows, too. Much prefer ground beef to any other kind of beef.
    • Won't eat hot spices like peppers, but do like horseradish, especially in cocktail sauce.
    • Cooked fruit is generally nasty. I've learned to put some in cookies for the moisture they bring, but will often pick them out as it's like biting into a blister. Urk.
    • On the other hand, I crave salt, and can literally sprinkle it on my hand and lick it.
    • I crave sugar, as well, but the gastric bypass left me with a bad reaction to it. Still eat it on occasion, but I do it knowing full well I'll pay for it in the end.
    • I am also vividly and stinkily lactose intolerant, as well. Unfortunately, lactaid and beano and the like all make me feel like I have to fart and I can't, and it just gets horrible.
    As a general rule, I tend to like my food plain, and I like the ability to taste the individual components. This frustrates my very chef-like husband, who loves to combine everything with everything else.
    That's all I can think of at the moment.

Whoops, really didn't mean to write a book on that one. Any other fussy eaters?

Hopefully a more productive day ahead. Chillier outside than it was yesterday, so I need to get myself occupied inside this morning. The only excitement this week is my second Skyrizi infusion on Friday. Not sure if there's a third one coming or if I'll move to home injections starting in June. Should know before I leave there Friday. The gastro office is not good about making sure their patients know what happens next with their care, so I have to find out where I can.

Later, my punkins,
    Lisa in AR

I couldn't read your list the other day ... I was already feeling too sick. I took one quick glance and saw "green peppers", and had to close your spoiler down or I would have been bringing it up!

I can be a bit fussy too.
    I like most fruit. I've never had durian, so I'm not sure about that one, but everything else I've had is all right. Prefer raw but cooked is OK.

I like most veggies except green peppers (and I'm not so fond of red or yellow or any other kinds of peppers either) and cooked tomatoes (raw is OK). Most other veggies are OK.

I do not like fungus (mushrooms). Nope. Nope. NOPE!

Grain products are good.

Love nuts, but my body isn't keen on them. They're a great way to speed up my digestive system to a mad sprint.

Dairy is similar ... I like certain kinds of hard cheese and yogurt, and they are OK. But not milk, cream, sour cream, butter, soft cheese, or real ice cream. I used to love going to Old Spaghetti Factory and getting the Fettuccine Alfredo followed by cheesecake with ice cream ... but I couldn't even leave the restaurant without the mad sprint. Oh and all milk smells and tastes sour to me. It could be the freshest milk available, but it still smells sour.

As for meat ... I try to avoid most of it. I'll eat a bit of chicken breast and chicken mince. Occasionally I'll have a bit of beef mince. Once in a while I'll have fresh fish at a fish and chips place. That's about it.

I am not keen on most sauces either ... hate BBQ sauce, tomato sauce (ketchup), sweet & sour sauce and that sort of thing. Most of those sort of sauces are too sweet for me. And I don't like it when people try to hide meat in a sauce. I want to see what I'm eating. If I'm faced with that sort of thing, I scrape the sauce off and cut the meat into tiny pieces so I can analyse it.

But I love Indian food because they have many vegetarian options, the sauces are good (not sweet), and they have the same opinion as I do about mushrooms. Mushrooms are considered a dirty fungus, so they're not included. Indian food is a safe food for me.

I also like vegetarian options of Mexican food - rice, refried beans, lots of veggies in a burrito. :)

I like salt ... but don't often crave sweet.

And I eat basically the same things each day.

M in Oz

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,769 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Im going to get dressed and go pick up groceries.
    In my defense I drink a 46 oz of ice water 3-4 times a day so that helps ,Ive lost 4 lbs since yesterday..water im sure..next shot is next Wednesday.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,920 Member
    Options
    Today is Wear purple for peace (my nightgown is purple!) Remember Sea Monkeys? Did anyone ever have any luck with them? I did them for my kids once. We were able to keep them alive for about 6 months!

ac5o51prqu4k.jpeg
    ftrrfqjkaqdk.jpeg
    qw4yblss0w88.jpeg
    slzihjpu96wj.jpeg

Peace my friends!
    RVRita in NM
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,398 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)

The diabetes prevention goals look like the goals we all have. We all want to lose weight, get healthier, and keep the weight off. The trick is to do the exercise, eat the right foods, stay away from the wrong foods, and be careful about portion size. Everyone knows that broccoli is better than Ben and Jerry's chocolate therapy ice cream. The problem is how to make myself make the right choice. I'm sure your class will address that soon.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Barbie - yesterday afternoon, our Diabetes Prevention class leader sent out the lesson for next Monday. Details if anyone is interested:
    The topic will be activity, getting to 150 minutes per week. These days, I get that knocked out in a few days. But I remember a few months ago when I was on limited walking due to my injured foot, I barely got 3,000 steps per day and none of that was at a moderate to high activity level. Maybe 15 minutes on the sitting elliptical was the activity for the day.

I'm intrigued that she's starting us out on activity instead of diet/nutrition. This is a proven plan, has been going on for several years with mostly successful "graduates".

I also like that we self-report our weight and activity level to her each week. I like having accountability on a regular basis, along with guidance if needed. Unlike WW, where I would struggle and feel like a failure if I weighed in at 1/4 # higher than the previous week ..... and once in maintenance would have to pay if I went over the 2# range, this plan is based on positive enforcement. And support.

Beth - that's great news about your implant. Sounds like you are getting the kinks worked out quickly. :p Hope that continues.

Annie - very good points that our struggles as females making career inroads in traditionally male fields will help other gals in the future. I look at it that way too. Sorry that mowing service is a disappointment. Is there anyone in your neighborhood that has a more reliable one that might need new customers? I know this is a busy time with lawns. Out here, once the mowing slows down, they offer roof cleaning, pressure washing and other services.

Seasons - I haven't thought much about this, perhaps I'm still in Season 1. ;):p

Heading out in a bit. Need to get chicken feed, a few things at the grocery, and then meet my friend M for our monthly lunch. I'm looking forward to the Caesar salad at the little restaurant we always go to.

Make it an awesome day! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State