WOMEN AGES 50+FOR MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    She looks a bit evil, like she is going to take over the world, or her cake.😂
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Thinking about Kylia and KJ. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: sense of smell. The scent of fog and mist in the woods this morning, then the first whiff of Lemon Lift tea and now Joe’s garlic bread warming in the oven. Yum!
    PT exercises, even got steps in, was doing ok with the food when. . . knew it was a mistake to put the dark chocolate California brittle within easy reach of the recliner. One, ok, but couldn’t resist the second… with predictable results :rage:
    Tracey would love to see pics of your grade f-ers and their tipi. Cool project! BTW it was my Joe, not Barbie’s Jake, who figured out the cause of his tingles and nerve pain. ;}
    Machka Dentist again? Oh noo… thanks for the tip and op clarifications. Gotta say I love the nicknames “Salvos” and “Vinnies”.
    Allie hooray for good bloodwork.
    Annie ((hugs))
    Lanette Fingers X’d for favorable optometrist appointment today.
    Rebecca so happy you’re happy to be happy and put that sad, trying time behind you and your family.
    That’s it, time to do wii balance games, knee and shoulder PT and get ready for line dance class.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    [

A tip is a waste management centre ... a rubbish dump.

A tip shop is a place located right next to a tip where people can drop off stuff that they don't want but is possibly too good to go into the tip or sometimes stuff is salvaged from the tip. Most tips have a shop associated with them. Words like recycle, reuse, resource etc. are often in the name of the tip shop. "Second Chance Re-Use Shop", "The Resource Tip Shop", "The Recovery Shop", "Uptipity Recycle Shop", etc.

You'll find everything in these places. There's an outdoor area and indoor area. There will be building supplies like piles of used sinks, doors, windows, pieces of metal, pallets, bricks, and all sorts. There will be furniture, toys, suitcases, clothing, kitchenware, books, DVDs, CDs, bicycles, garden stuff ... you name it. And it will all be pretty inexpensive.

Can you see the photos here:
    https://www.facebook.com/secondchancereuseshop/photos
    https://www.facebook.com/resourcetipshop/photos_by

Here's a list of things you might find at a tip shop:
    http://www.recoveryshop.com.au/shop.html

We got my beautiful antique dining room table from one tip shop.
    We got the little computer table I'm using right now at another tip shop. It sits neatly in front of my wing chair.
    I'd venture a guess that most of my CDs have come from tip shops.

They are fascinating places. :)

On the other hand, places like Salvos (Salvation Army), Vinnies, the Red Cross shop, etc. are Op Shops. Opportunity Shops = thrift shops. They'll mainly have clothing with a little bit of other stuff.

At lunch, I go to the Red Cross Op Shop for books. They've all got books, but the Red Cross one seems to have the best selection. I go to the Lifeline Op Shop for slightly higher end clothing for work. The Vinnies is a good place for CDs and DVDs. The Salvos is the closest to where I work, and often has the lowest prices on clothing.

Machka in Oz

There used to be a recycling place next to the dump by my parents place that had all kinds of things like that. We got some great stuff super cheap.

We do have thrift stores around but prices have gone up so much. Some prices are higher than buying new at the store.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    got a bonus morning to myself.
    Not going to mil's to walk the dog because dh is going straight to the dentist after he is done there.
    I am having my second cup of tea then heading out to work in the back yard again. I didn't go back out yesterday afternoon-too tired.
    He will be gone at least 2 hrs I think. I can get a lot done once I get started in that time.
    We may go out to lunch when he gets home- play it by ear.

Zumba tonight- two friends will be missing again. One has family from Peru visiting and the other had the first surgery for reconstruction after breast cancer so she is out for a month after the expander was put in.

Have a wonderful day ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    Today is Vanilla pudding, my favorite!

g9mhyxlhx332.jpeg
    vw0twsykfhjb.jpeg
    ck0ospgmgeds.jpeg

RVRita at Bottomless Lakes
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    Flea!
    b6j0kxmplfbt.gif
    Oh my stars and wonders, rejoicing indeed! So pleased...
    Love,
    Lisa
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    edited May 22
    Options
    Back from Optometrist, all good. We talked about diabetes/blood sugar/ low carb. Dr. B said people with iffy blood sugars, even if not diabetic, can experience small but measurable changes in vision - nothing permanent, just fluctuations.

I read more about Dr. Unwin's low carb Diabetes diet, and picked up a link to another low carb website:
    https://newforestpcn.co.uk/low-carb/

It's utilizing Unwin's plan but has a nice chart of acceptable foods plus meal ideas. Looks like there's a free app too. Lots to review. Too wet to do much outside so here's my afternoon reading. ;)

**Note their definition of low-carb is 130 gm of carbs or lower per day. And they recommend 90 gm of protein per day.**

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Lisa- just put my basil plants in one of the raised beds. The plants are tiny so all are in one side- I can transplant later when they get bigger but just wanted them in the ground and out of the green house(want it empty so I don't have to water just a few things

Flea- That is the most amazing news ever. Thanks for sharing with us. Pray it stays like that and you can get off more of the meds.

Lanette- dh is diabetic and change in his vision is one of the first things he notices when his sugar is off.
    His eyes get very blurry.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    edited May 22
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 12min 28sec, 40elev, 2.84ap, 77ahr, 80mhr, 6.31mi= 599c
    Strava app = 773c
    Zwift home bike trainer- Strava stats- 29.38min, 15.9amph, 174elev, 79aw, 15.9amph, 107ahr, 132mhr, 7.85mi= 196c
    Strava app = 133c
    Zwift stats- 29.40min, 175elev, 79aw, 60arpm, 15.90amph, 7.86mi= 134c
    Walk to store and back- 42.14min, 21elev, 3.06ap, 86ahr, 107mhr, 2.16mi= 214c
    Strava app = 265c

Knees better w/ibuprofin

Total cal 1009

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Flea - that is amazing fabulous news pqz4800gf74o.png