Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

SAVE THE MFP NEWSFEED

Options

Replies

• AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    edited May 25
    Options
    Sent my email to the
    not sure if they will listen but here are some emails for CEO'S at Francisco Partners. I'm sending an email to all of them...you never know

Sent my email too!
  • Heather_71
    Heather_71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Isn’t the newsfeed where they post articles? Where people connect with each other like this is called the Community…???… I think the Community will remain. I’m new coming back after a long time away so maybe I’m off in what I’m seeing….if so I apologize. But the below article states “ Members will now be able to access latest food and nutrition content via the Blog and interact with others in the Community tab, both can be found in the More menu.”

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26953529858317-Retiring-the-Newsfeed-feature-by-the-end-of-June-2024
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm a fairly new MFP member, and I too am sad to see the activity feed will soon be no more. It's a simple way to share and stay in touch with ALL your friends.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,649 Member
    Options
    Heather_71 wrote: »
    Isn’t the newsfeed where they post articles? Where people connect with each other like this is called the Community…???… I think the Community will remain. I’m new coming back after a long time away so maybe I’m off in what I’m seeing….if so I apologize. But the below article states “ Members will now be able to access latest food and nutrition content via the Blog and interact with others in the Community tab, both can be found in the More menu.”

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26953529858317-Retiring-the-Newsfeed-feature-by-the-end-of-June-2024

The news feed is where you see status updates only from people on your friends list. You are able to comment on them or go to their wall to leave a comment.

The community is the place where the forums(like this one) live. It's open for all to see and respond. (and now whether you want to kiss the above poster *eyeroll*, lol)

Private groups are like sub sections of the forum where a moderator (or group owner) decides who gets to join, and it's like a mini community of ours own.