WOMEN AGES 50+FOR MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Boy last night,was rough..i think overdid with the veggies and fruits,was up alot last night visiting the littest room in the house.
    Didn't sleep well at all..and not feeling 100% today ,windy and showery today..
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Pip ~ Your patio looks lovely with the painted pots and plants. You have a good eye for decorating.

Flea ~ Loved looking at the photograph of the canyon.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-In 5-27-24

Debbie in Napa Valley, CA - Weighed Sunday morning- 149.0. Down 2.2lbs. Haven't lost that much in MONTHS. So much nicer to see than a gain or a .2 loss for the week. Back in the 140's- it has been a LONG time since I was there. Heading in the right direction.

Sue in WA State - Missed water exercise Tuesday morning due to appointment with sleep doc, but otherwise did well with exercise this week. Holding steady on weight. Did better on water consumption, averaged 56 or more oz per day. Joined the gut biome plan here on MFP. It is just 7 days of info and tips. Have finished day 4. Trying to increase fiber and water, cut down sugar.

Rita in Roswell, NM - Not a good week weight wise. Extra exercise and eating made my weight go up. My script for Jardiance is ready, I just have to pay for it. I hope it helps. I really need to get a handle on this!

Evelyn on Vancouver Island - I’m finally back on the wagon! Again…. lol After a few rough months I managed to eke out a bit of a loss and I am ending May weighing less than I ended March. I was back at the gym on Saturday and walked with a friend on Sunday but stayed up too late and was coughing too much so skipped the gym today but did do a bit of a workout at home. Baby steps!

Lanette SW WA State – weight holding steady in desired range. Working on increasing water intake and going to the gym at least once per week. Surprised and happy to discover a couple pairs of jeans I couldn’t pull above my knees 6 months ago can now be pulled all the way up over my hips and even zipped…. NOT real comfortable and no sitting down in them but heading in the right direction.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 4min 42sec, 81elev, 2.96ap, 79ahr, 99mhr, 6.16mi= 608c
    Strava app = 755c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 39min 21sec, 863elev, 100aw, 15.3amph, gear27, 15.3amph, 100ahr, 126mhr, 25.30mi= 594c
    Strava app= 567c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 39min 22sec, 864elev, 99aw, 50arpm, 15.28amph, 25.3mi= 567c
    Walk to store and back- 13.05min, 2.82ap, .63mi= 76c
    Strava app= 77c

Total cal 1278. Another long ride
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Getting closer Heather..to feeling so much better..
    I took a nap and had some tuna salad I made..no bread..
    I don't think it was the Trulicity..i might have overdid it on the fruit and veggies...yesterday..
    Today was a duvet day..
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Flea….wonderful news!! So very happy for you!!

Vicki … praying for you as you mourn the loss of your dear friend… hugs.

Beth
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Flea….wonderful news!! So very happy for you!!

Vicki … praying for you as you mourn the loss of your dear friend… hugs.

Beth

Beth - I was just thinking of you.

I've started to read "Why We Remember: Unlocking Memory's Power to Hold on to What Matters" by Charan Ranganath. He describes how infants learn to hear and understand syllables and language - how the neurons in their brains "cast votes" when they hear the sounds "bath" and "path", and the winning votes learn to connect "bath" with bathing. Eventually the votes for "path" are discarded and the votes for "bath" are strengthened.

(Our brains remain plastic as we age, so I also wonder how memory works and doesn't work as we near the age where we can't function well if our memory isn't so good. And what works to keep the spark thriving. I saw the author in a YouTube interview with Dr. Chatterjee. Had to order the book from the library and go down that rabbit hole. :p )

I am wondering how your implant is doing, and if the neurons in you brain are doing some scurrying around in a similar fashion now that they are dealing with sound again. ;):p

How's your mom?

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    h2509v57u2vw.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka thanks for that calm discussion of lack of insight. I have to remember that it isn't personal, and that helps. My mom was so different.

Margaret thank you too. It helps to know I'm not alone with these challenges. I'm reluctant to put up the door chime because that will be the end of my sleeping through the night. He gets up in the early morning to get the newspaper then goes back to sleep.

Lanette yes he is getting worse. More restless. I would like to wean him off of the caffeine, maybe eventually...and congrats on going to the gym! It's tough to start, and get the right stuff in the right places. You are doing a great job, building a habit!

Annie in Delaware

In the brain injury community we have a little saying:

"If you've seen one brain injury ... you've seen one brain injury."

When it comes to brains, they're all different.

Of course, there are a few commonalities, but you just never know.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I thought Vince read that in one of his “uncle John” books. Me bad. Maybe it was him asking me which continent didn’t get tornadoes. Thanks for calling me out on that.

Michele NC

That would be Antarctica!

Machka in Oz