WOMEN AGES 50+FOR MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Machka - Hobart was the answer to a clue in Jeopardy Masters today.

Tracey in Edmonton

What was the question?

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Tracey my Dad gets his caffeine from Pepsi soda and Starbucks coffee ice cream. Not good for him, I know.

Machka you are right. My mom was happy to just sit on the couch and read or watch TV. My Dad likes to be moving around caught up in some project. His thyroid is a little high, which might be part of it. They raised his dose back when he was missing a lot of pills. They will check it again in July, which is a long time to wait.

My sister is here which is marvelous. She took dad walking last night and took him out for ice cream. My aunt Donna is telling her that Dad should be in a memory care home. I'm hoping to keep him at home for a bit longer. But we are still in the stage of gathering information.

Today I have a meeting with the local senior center about their day care memory program. That would be four hours long three times a week. So that would give me time for groceries and my doctors and errands and such. But it wouldn't cover the time I go horseback riding. I might have to get a sitter for that, or else quit.

And I guess I need to put up with a chime on the doors. It will go off when he gets ice cream from the garage at night, and when he gets the paper in the morning. So I won't be sleeping through the night anymore. Just like having an infant in the house. But it won't last forever.

Have a wonderful day! May you be happy, healthy, safe, and free!

Annie in Delaware

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Lisa- after my heart surgeries, I was told I could no longer mow lawns or snow blow or shovel snow.. take heed girlfriend.
    Another night of intermittent sleep and the dog barking at 5 this morning..
    When I started on the Trulicity i was 223
    Fully clothed
    Today I got on the scale nakie and im 209 ..its working..but i have a feeling im going to need a nap ..🥱
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Allie - Thanks for that reminder, eventually I'll remember I'm not 10 feet tall and bulletproof! 😄 So pleased the Trulicity is helping, but give yourself some credit too, dear heart. You're making better choices, and you're moving more, and it's showing. Well done!

Haven't had one in a week or two, and today is apparently the day the entire gut is going to go into spasm as everything fights for the exit. Ah well, I had no plans anyway.

Toodles!
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Tuesday ... work, work, work.

Sort of frustrating as I wade my way through the financial system trying to get the data I need. Finally figured out how I could do it and moved onto the next thing ... and my totals don't match. I think there's a reason why they don't and I hope it's in my notes. But by then I was ready to come home. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Left at 5:15 pm in pitch dark. We're racing toward the darkest month of the year. :(

I have to take Vit D simply because I barely see daylight for several months.

Came home and continued working on a project for my cycling organisation ... making some suggestions for a website redesign. It's been redesigned but there are bits and pieces of the old still in there in random locations, and some of it was just kind of piled into menus or links without order.

This started with me offering to design one page of the website. Ha! I can't help myself. Before I knew it I had my fingers on all the pages.

I've also been washing down sleeping bags with a "down wash" detergent. We've been using them when camping in our new house and I discovered that they're all slightly musty with one of my husband's being really musty. I washed it twice. Now they're in the "lying out in front of the split system while I fluff them periodically" stage.

M in Oz
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    My mind is simply blank this morning. Tired all ready! I got up then went picking up litter all over the dayside of the park. Came home after an hour then sat down and had breakfast and green tea. No more coffee for me, it gives me stomach pains due to the colitis. Before long I’ll be on a water diet!! It is what it is. I now have to go turn the water off the lawn and switch to the other side. Simply get tired easily these days. Be back in a bit.

RVRita in Roswell o5fjf5f2vjh3.png
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Pip--Happy belated birthday.
    Tracey--Hope your feet feel better soon.
    Heather--Saying a pray all goes well and you have your surgery as planned.
    Welcome to the new ladies. This is a great place for friendship and support.
    Flea--Beautiful waterfall.
    Allie--A very cute gender real card. Congratulations on girls.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Today is a great day to play a game!
    qpvv1ocq4x2s.jpeg
    x7y4w1e02hvv.jpeg
    y2dsk6dj4jdw.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Beth - Wow! How timely that I find info about how infant brains learn to differentiate sounds in a book about memory, of all things, as you are experiencing the same thing training your own brain with the implant.

Now I'm starting to wonder why, as we age, many of us start to suffer hearing loss. I always thought it was due to listening to too much rock n' roll and damaging our eardrums and the "outer" part of our hearing apparatus. But now... are our aging brains just not as keen at matching sounds with words as well? The neurons are getting too tired to "vote" so they are letting sound become mush? And if so, can anything be done about it naturally? Will I ever run out of rabbit holes? :p Hope not.

Lisa - those columbines are beautiful and huge compared to what I have growing here. I have a lot of volunteers, smaller blooms - about the size of a quarter - and different colors. Also have a lot of volunteer snapdragons, lemon balm, fever few. I try to focus on them and ignore the thistles and blackberries, lol. Very glad you recognized what happened with that episode yesterday. Whew.

Kim - great coffee addition suggestions. Neat flavor without the calories. Thanks for sharing that info. ;)

Heather - the countdown continues, all systems go. ;) Sounds like you are getting well prepared for a trouble-free and barrier-free recovery. Nice bag, should work great for your needs.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked then went to Lowe’s Hardware and Uhaul to get boxes. Took my walk around the neighborhood.

Rebecca – at that price, you can live with the cabinets and floor

LisaSkuraton – welcome

M – I thought Vince read that in one of his “uncle John” books. Me bad. Maybe it was him asking me which continent didn’t get tornadoes. Thanks for calling me out on that.

Lisa – the plan for tomorrow is to cut the grass. Well, at least I know I’ll get my steps in...lol

Lanette – I don’t announce my birthday. To me, it’s just another day in the year.

Pip – I understand your feeling about not being wished a birthday. Hey, I didn’t get a card or even a phone call from Denise for Mother’s Day. It s***s but it is what it is

Ceramics tonight. No bowling today.

Michele NC

Yep!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    My doctor friend B was a but concerned about the kids staying over tomorrow. I shall keep pretty much out of their way, (it takes me most of the morning to get through my cleanjng regime), and wear a good mask around them. They are arriving at 7.30 a m. John is taking them out late morning and for lunch. I've told my son to tell them I won't be able to do much with them, though I will cook dinner. If I do any Art, I will mask up. I still have the better covid ones. They don't have any obvious illnesses.

I really wish we weren't having to do it, but I can’t see any alternative. John is prepared to step up. <3

My son is very excited and nervous about the holiday. He says he just wants to get up the mountain.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx