WOMEN AGES 50+FOR MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Today is: I have already watered my mums and passion flower plants. Can’t wait to see them bloom!
    jhgjsrd5g77x.jpeg
    qdoltnirb7p2.jpeg
    a0khd2y1ff1z.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ Hugs! You have a lot going on adjusting to your new hearing devise and caring for your mom.

Heather ~ Good luck on your hip replacement surgery! Will you be going to rehab for a while?

Rebecca ~ Your kitchen looks so clean and nice. And, I really like those floors.

Carol in GA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    On me. I've started a general well-being journal. I have been tracking my health and sleep and even food. I really need to figure out my issues since no medical professional has a clue. There is no obvious link or trigger. I am leaning toward hormones. The other night, I woke up around 3am with pain. I leave heard and read that our hormone levels drop (as well as other things change) around 3am ( or 3pm for shift workers). For more than 20 years, I have been regularly waking up around 3am. So, I believe there is some truth to this.

Time for more coffee. Enjoy the day!

Tina in CA

Have you looked into Pudendal Neuralgia?

At some point, when I have more time, I want to go to my Pelvic Physiotherapist and ask her about Pudendal Neuralgia because I think that, at last, it might explain so much.

Interestingly, Telfast (Fexofenadine Hydrochloride) seems to provide me some relief. I take 2 at night, which helps me sleep and eases some of the symptoms I now attribute to Pudendal Neuralgia.

Sometimes when it is really bad, I go with Telfast and Panadol and Ibuprofen. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often but it used to happen on the day before my periods started, regularly, like clockwork. So yes, I think hormones are linked in there somewhere.

M in Oz

Fexofenadine Hydrochloride? That is an allergy med. I have some and it has never worked for my allergies. I would never have thought to try it for this. I generally avoid taking any meds unless I just cannot tolerate the pain. I have a rather high threshold for pain. I need to look up pudenal neuralgia. Thanks.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Lanette--Thank you for the information.. Very interesting. <3
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Beth, some seasons of life just meed to be maintenance mode as far as weight loss goes. With all you have going on at the moment, I think this season qualifies. Give yourself grace.

Heather, thinking of you and sending good wishes for a successful surgery.

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited May 30
    Options
    Beth - Glad there's more hope for your mom's situation--my heart goes out to all of you dealing with ailing/aging parents. No easy answers ever, it seems.

Last of the dried towels off the line and folded, sheets and comforter back on the bed... and just as well, as a heavy rain is showing moving in on the radar, and the skies are certainly getting darker by the minute. Wasn't supposed to rain until tomorrow, but it seems they're not accurate even 24 hours out any more... I know I crank on about it, but I could swear it used to be a little better. I can't imagine how anyone who depends on the weather to grow crops here can have any faith in the weather reports. Might as well be reading the Old Farmer's Almanac written at the beginning of each year!

Hanging clothes on the line this morning captured that amazing smell of sun-dried sheets and towels though, and it makes me happy. Took an image of that and the changes in the house outside:
    More adventures in renovation:
    You can see in the picture at the top the siding that has yet to come down on the southeastern corner of the house - it was an ivory color once upon a time, but this climate has left it filthy and algae-laden, and it's so old now that a pressure washer will simply cut right through it. Probably 40 years old. Underneath it is more of the T-111 siding that you can see at left on the outside of Corey's sunroom and the back of the house.

We feel very lucky - the house is about sixty years old, and the stone and the wood under the siding has all been in good shape, just some minor repairs and patching. We didn't replace what's on the back of the house, just refreshed the teal paint, and then semi-matched the sunroom cladding to it. Under the siding, it's been that way all the way around. Just a little repair, a little paint, and it looks amazing and gets rid of the incredible spider highway and bug haven that siding becomes. Urk.
    6wfyc3km5go1.png

Ah well, time to put the last of the towels away and make a lemon basil sauce to go with chicken and rice for dinner.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in the soon-to-be-rainy Arkansas River Valley
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Beth, some seasons of life just meed to be maintenance mode as far as weight loss goes. With all you have going on at the moment, I think this season qualifies. Give yourself grace.

Heather, thinking of you and sending good wishes for a successful surgery.

Kay ... Thank you
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,361 Member
    edited May 30
    Options
    Finally got my iPhone up and working late last night. Fortunately, I had did a backup in February, which helped a little.

Granddaughter flew home to Oxford today. We went to see her yesterday and took her to a local beach she likes after lunch. Beautiful sunny day but a strong wind was blowing from the north. Younger Grandson is home for the summer.

I have my MOT tomorrow morning. Getting an appointment is a nightmare here. It should have been done in mid April.

We are in the throes of a general election here. It’s on 4 July.

I’m sorry I have missed so much. I have read as much as I could, but comments are beyond me tonight.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Lanette - my next hip is scheduled 8 weeks to the day. :o
    I will probably stay in 2 nights, but some people go home after one. I have a private room with TV etc, so I might as well get what I have paid for. :p They have to be sure I can do stairs, toilet etc.
    These days, they get you moving almost straight away.
    I'm having a spinal block and sedation, and it's robot assisted. ;)
    Just about to have my last snack, then it's just water.

My elder son rang me today. That is truly amazing! :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

here, they are now sending patients home the same day after hip replacement unless there are problems. One friend went home the same day(went in at 5Am and home that afternoon), my best friend spent one night but that was just because her BP was too low or she would have gone home the same day too.
    Back years ago when dh had his done(has had 4 total hip replacements), He stayed 10 days for the first one, a week for the ones after that.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,165 Member
    edited May 30
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    On me. I've started a general well-being journal. I have been tracking my health and sleep and even food. I really need to figure out my issues since no medical professional has a clue. There is no obvious link or trigger. I am leaning toward hormones. The other night, I woke up around 3am with pain. I leave heard and read that our hormone levels drop (as well as other things change) around 3am ( or 3pm for shift workers). For more than 20 years, I have been regularly waking up around 3am. So, I believe there is some truth to this.

Time for more coffee. Enjoy the day!

Tina in CA

Have you looked into Pudendal Neuralgia?

At some point, when I have more time, I want to go to my Pelvic Physiotherapist and ask her about Pudendal Neuralgia because I think that, at last, it might explain so much.

Interestingly, Telfast (Fexofenadine Hydrochloride) seems to provide me some relief. I take 2 at night, which helps me sleep and eases some of the symptoms I now attribute to Pudendal Neuralgia.

Sometimes when it is really bad, I go with Telfast and Panadol and Ibuprofen. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often but it used to happen on the day before my periods started, regularly, like clockwork. So yes, I think hormones are linked in there somewhere.

M in Oz

Fexofenadine Hydrochloride? That is an allergy med. I have some and it has never worked for my allergies. I would never have thought to try it for this. I generally avoid taking any meds unless I just cannot tolerate the pain. I have a rather high threshold for pain. I need to look up pudenal neuralgia. Thanks.

Yes, it is an allergy medicine ... really surprised me that it helped.

Now, in my case, I have a lot of itching and painful tingling down my legs and feet. But the itching in particular is phantom itching. Scratching doesn't help. It's a nerve or set of nerves up in the lower back, pelvic region somewhere.

Maybe the allergy med blocks something at the nerve level??
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,883 Member
    Options
    Allie - The twins from Unsellable Houses both live in Snohomish. Their office and store are both on First St. In Snohomish in the old part of town near the river. We went through Lamb and Co when we bought our place here 9 years ago.

Heather - Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and your doctors are great.

Beautiful day here but the cottonwood fluff is flying around like crazy and I could not spend much time outside.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA