WOMEN AGES 50+FOR MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Still trying to get my phone unlocked. At least I have sorted out my iPad. I had to do a factory reset, which was a pain, but not as bad as I had expected.

I have family home for 10 days so will have to catch up later.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Vicki: So sorry about your friend. (((Hugs)))
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    All your "talk" about pesto Lisa has taken over my food brain..... and I ran into the Grocery Outlet a discount place near me for some yogurt, and saw ravioli on sale for $1.99 one of the fancy fresh brands - it's 4 servings.... so 50 cents a serving is well within the budget and pesto from the freezer from last years basil.... a salad and I am going to be in food heaven in about an hour!

smiles Kim

Bahahahahaha! My evil plan is working! 😁😈😄 Truly, the small amount of pesto necessary to add incredible taste isn't a huge number of calories to add to a salad for you, or mushrooms for me. I've frozen a lot of that last batch, and am interested to see how it handles freezing.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    Beth - Wow! How timely that I find info about how infant brains learn to differentiate sounds in a book about memory, of all things, as you are experiencing the same thing training your own brain with the implant.

Now I'm starting to wonder why, as we age, many of us start to suffer hearing loss. I always thought it was due to listening to too much rock n' roll and damaging our eardrums and the "outer" part of our hearing apparatus. But now... are our aging brains just not as keen at matching sounds with words as well? The neurons are getting too tired to "vote" so they are letting sound become mush? And if so, can anything be done about it naturally? Will I ever run out of rabbit holes? :p Hope not.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

A lot of physical things have their source in the brain.

In my husband's case, physically ... as in his limbs, eyes, etc. ... he's OK.

But because of the brain damage, his left leg and right arm are weaker, and especially with his left leg, he feels like it doesn't have feeling, and he loses track of it which makes walking difficult. His leg itself is fine, but there is a significant disconnect between his brain and his leg.

And the reason he has double vision is because his optical nerve was damaged, in his brain. (Whereas my double vision has to do with dry eyes).

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    fs9ipji3pn4k.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Exercise today ...

Climbed 24 flights of 20 stairs up and 28 flights of 20 stairs down.

Walked ...

i8he0r1z2baf.png

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Sheesh this kitty is gonna be the death of me,I need uninterrupted sleep..I love her dearly but goodness she is all over the place at night.
    Heather- thinking of you as you get ready for your surgery..all will be well..you'll bounce back in no time. I was watching my favorite YouTube guys Cruising with Ben and David they are based in the UK and they were takiing the train to Southampton to get on The QUeen Mary 2- and as they were getting on saw Hove on the sign above and thought of you..
    Going to pick up a few groceries today and then do some laundry.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    Options
    Morning, all, from the beautiful cool dawn of the Arkansas River Valley, rain later, according to which weather widget you harken to, but not much and not for long.

Won't rattle on too long, as I need to go out and get some pruning done of the branches that nearly knocked me off the mower on Monday. Plus I don't want to get overheated again, so back in again before it's too warm.

Tracey - You're right, the last bad gut day I had was while my friends were here, and that was three weeks ago. Didn't pick up on that, but it's one pattern I had picked up on prior, that the bad days were about once a week or ten days at most, after a two-pound weight gain the day before or that morning. I've been tracking more closely since I began the first infusion. I haven't gone three weeks without a bad day in a long time. Maybe the Skyrizi is beginning to work. The literature says it CAN start to work in as little as four weeks, but it can take up as long as 14 weeks to show results. I had the first infusion six weeks ago now.

I am apparently in baking mode, so I made banana bread for the first time in forever--ate one slice and then packaged the rest up in slices to send with Corey to work (hint for those keeping calories in check - don't keep it around! :smiley: ). He doesn't like that kind of sweet bread or cake, but the guys at work always love it when I go on a baking jag. I think before I go outside, I'll put together a focaccia dough and get it in to proof. It takes literally minutes to put together, no kneading... and freezes really well.

Time to get moving - hugs for them as needs them, pats on the back for those doing well... j
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • LisaInArkansas
    Options
    Annie - Lots of good advice from others... I know you get tired of impossible decisions on a constant and ongoing basis. Just sending hugs from here.

Decided I just need to do my yoga inside instead--the branches I want to trim will wait a day or two.

Have a lovely Wednesday..
    Lisa in AR
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Lanette--Please share what you found down the rabbit hole about naturally treating hearing loss.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3