• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Awake at 4 am and went back to sleep around 7:30- slept till 10 and hopped in the shower.. going to the chinese buffet with Doris and Eileen,but just having salad and fruit,and maybe a protein. Im doing good on the food part,its the exercise part i have to get moving on..
    Tracy going to the hospital today for an echocardiogram of the babies,she will give me a text once she is through.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    Lanette I am surprised it would have much starch in a pre-diabetic diet. Starch can act like sugar and needs to be eaten moderately. Listened to a talk on fats last night. Good fats like olive and coconut oil are better because of minimal processing. Again eating the good fats in moderation...Corn, soy, some canola oil are often heavily processed and need to be avoided. They are used because they have no flavor and for some recipe this is what is needed. This does not mean it is good for you. Same with margarine because it is so heavily processed. Grassfed organic butter is a much better choice. Yes, it is more expensive and still cheaper long term in regard to your health. Fried foods are the worst because already highly processed oil is heated to a high heat and often reused which creates very unhealthy food. Avoid if possible ...hence donuts and french fries which are fried in this highly processed oil.

He also went on to say that 73% of the American diet is processed. His theory is this is why so many overeat. One cannot get the nutrition they need eating this way. Hence they overeat because they are starved for nutrition.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Today is mmmmmmmm donuts!!!! And chocolate ice cream!!!!! Both really good but bad for you!! As a once in a while treat it is ok. Everything in moderation! 😝

04f1wj9m6jh0.jpeg
    yq5miafrauzc.jpeg

RVRita is Roswell ☀️🔥
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Rita - That's not a good choice to have to make, not in the slightest. I've said it before, but I asked the doc during my very short time working at a vet clinic what he told people about when to know it was time to let a pet go. His answer was "when they have more bad days than good." I don't know if that's helpful, but I do think your health is the most important thing. Not easy, even so.

Allie - I hope things go very well with the pregnancy - if Tracey delivers in July, how early will that be?

My gut has finally settled down, which I appreciate. I might yet get out and mow the lawn, but Corey really does enjoy it, too... and there's not much planned for the weekend that I'm aware of. Not hard work, just sitting on the big mower. Will think about it a little more. In the meantime, dishes are washed, last load in the laundry... had a setback on my quilt, correcting a major mistake in one of the shelves, but it will only improve the end quilt to drop back and correct it. No worries.

Streaming Beyond Paradise, and McDonald and Dodds, both on BritBox. When I want to sit down for a fair while, I'll start one of those, as when I start them I can't stop. :smiley: Cancelled all my streaming except Prime and Acorn, but I have a few days left on BritBox and the others.

Later, my dears,
    Lisa in AR
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited June 7
    Options
    Lanette, I follow (well, am supposed to be a following) a metabolic reboot eating plan developed by a nutritionist who focuses on women’s hormonal health. I wonder how it compares to your pre-diabetic diet, since we talk a lot about insulin resistance in addition to metabolic disease. It isn’t considered low carb per se, because we eat lots of fruit and non-starchy vegetables. Our plan consists of 3 meals and 1 snack. One of the meals is roughly 75 veggie/fruit, 25% protein, the snack is protein with a veggie or fruit if desired, and the other two meals are 50% veggie, 25% protein, and 25% carb. It is considered a good carb day if the protein macros are greater than or equal to the carbs. Although it seems very low carb to me compared to the way I used to eat, it is still a lot of carb grams compared to Keto or Atkin’s. The only fruit that we have to count as our carb is a banana. Veggies we have to call a carb are the usual high carb ones - beans, potatoes, corn, etc.

We limit added sugar to 25 g or less per day. We don’t count naturally occurring sugar in fruits or veggies in that total. We are also encouraged to get at least 25 g of fiber, preferably more. I shoot for 100-120 g of protein per day. I usually hit between 1500 and 1700 calories.

When I follow the plan, I drop around a 1/2 lb to a lb per week. Because the calorie deficit is small, it only takes a day or so of going off the charts to derail my progress. Getting right back on, however, has kept the 60 lbs I have list off. I’d like to see another 25 or so fall off, but I’m not totally unhappy where I am, since my labs are good.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Rebecca--Your driveway looks nice. We had ours blacktopped acouple years ago.
    When I get off work this afternoon I am on vacation until Monday June 17th. We are going to a motorcycle ralley in Debuke, IA and just looking forward to getting away. Not sure if I will have internet or not. Take care ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

Oh thanks! Yes I am pleased.
    Oh enjoy your motorcycle rally and vacation! Eat pie!😁💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Outside bike ride- 2.hrs .36min 32sec, 438elev, 61aw, 13.1amph, 127ahr, 148mhr, 34.20mi= 1220c
    Strava app = 636c

Rode a little bit longer a rode a bit faster.

Left at 6:15am and it was 70 degrees, came home at 8:55 and it was 81.