6/7: 6.5 miles
    6/8: 2.8 miles
    6/10: 6.4 miles
    6/11: 3 miles
    6/12: 6.5 miles
    6/13: 3.3 miles
    6/15: 2.6 miles
    6/17: 5 miles

I did a treadmill run this morning. I will go outside tomorrow for a long run so I figured I would make it harder than it needs to be today. I have noticed my recovery is much slower following an outdoor run in these conditions.
    We are getting some rain this week and I'm on board. Especially if I can get rain in the morning during my runs. I'll take wet over mega hot any day.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,351 Member
    @Laurz9191 I hope your knee is okay and the thunderstorms stay away from your race tomorrow evening!

Nice run @emptydog . Is it the misery you are being satisfied with, or the fact that you got it done and the misery is over? :wink:

Great job doing a harder TM workout today @martaindale . I hope you get to run in the rain tomorrow.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited June 18
    @chris_in_cal haha. Thanks.
    Lend a hand mate, are we club loyalist for The Addicks (Charlton Athletic) or The O's (Leyton Orient.)

Uneducated Americans need to know.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,315 Member
    @chris_in_cal haha. Thanks.
    Lend a hand mate, are we club loyalist for The Addicks (Charlton Athletic) or The O's (Leyton Orient.)

Uneducated Americans need to know.

@chris_in_cal hahaha. Love it!

Does San Diego have a MLS team? (I could Google of course). I know LA have Galaxy
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,504 Member
    Does San Diego have a MLS team?
    Conceptually. A billionaire British-Egyptian businessman and former politician Mohamed Mansour bought rights to create a new team here. An expansion team. A placeholder name, creatively, called the San Diego Football Club, until further notice.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,264 Member
    June total: 58.2/100 miles
    YTD: 446.1/1200 miles

6/2: 4.9 miles
    6/3: 3.1 miles
    6/5: 8 miles
    6/7: 6.5 miles
    6/8: 2.8 miles
    6/10: 6.4 miles
    6/11: 3 miles
    6/12: 6.5 miles
    6/13: 3.3 miles
    6/15: 2.6 miles
    6/17: 5 miles
    6/18: 6.1 miles

I switched some runs around to shorten today's by a couple of miles. It's summer. Conditions suck. Copy paste until October. But, I did it and didn't feel terrible.

My friend and I are registering for a Disney race this morning and those are serious registration processes. Be at your computer logged in and ready to go 15 mins ahead of time. Seriously. And then...the site crashed. Of course. So now I'm refreshing and watching the "we're working on it message" pop up every few minutes. I'm held captive to the computer until this is done. Hopefully it's not 3 hours like when I registered for Dopey. I've got a lot to do today!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,820 Member

My friend and I are registering for a Disney race this morning and those are serious registration processes. Be at your computer logged in and ready to go 15 mins ahead of time. Seriously. And then...the site crashed. Of course. So now I'm refreshing and watching the "we're working on it message" pop up every few minutes. I'm held captive to the computer until this is done. Hopefully it's not 3 hours like when I registered for Dopey. I've got a lot to do today!

Did you succeed?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,351 Member
    That sounds like a fun weekend @kgirlhart . Nice family picture. Great job getting in 10 miles!

@VO2Maxlet That sounds like a huge jump in mileage. Be really careful that you don't hurt yourself with such a big increase.

Nice job with the streak @chris_in_cal ! I think getting up every hour and walking around is a great idea. Twelve hours in front of the computer is way too long.

@henridw2095 Nice running while traveling. Glad you made it home safely and hope you had a great time.

Nice running @tarun_yadavA .

@martaindale Great running and I hope you were able to register for the race and it didn't take too long for the site to come back up.

Great race @laurz9191. Congrats on your age group placement and being in the top 20% of women overall is great in my book. Glad your knee held out.
  • VO2Maxlet
    VO2Maxlet Posts: 43 Member
    @quilteryoyo that's my worry too. I've heard the rule of thumb is no more than 10-12% per month.

After some naive calculations, it'll take me ~8 weeks to do this. Achieve both the mileage and the long run. I'd need to ramp up the mileage by 12% each week. That would leave me with 8 weeks to train tempos. My initial strategy was just to do intervals every other week for the first 8 weeks. Long runs increasing each week until I hit that 18 mile long run. My only issue is, I don't know what's medically feasible. My recovery time according to my PT is pretty high compared to her other clients, but they're mainly powerlifters and way bigger than me, so I don't think it would be sound if I just went off that anecdotal observation. I do have a therapist who might be able to help here, but I don't see him for a bit.

Every time I look at my injuries it's so depressing. Almost two months wasted that I could've used to ramp up my mileage without fear. The first few months were used to just get me up to running physique again.

@Laurz9191 nice job cutting off seconds! Every bit counts!

@martaindale hope you were able to sign up! Sounds like a lot of people were in the same boat as you
  • VO2Maxlet
    VO2Maxlet Posts: 43 Member
    Happy with my run today. Average was 153. Max was 169.

I usually walk for my warm-up/cool down but I decided to jog instead to prepare for the mileage ramp up. Got my cadence in the average of 177.

vpxulflshzdy.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,115 Member
    June Goal: 215 Miles

6/2: 11.02 miles
    6/3: 3.15 miles
    6/4: 6.26 miles
    6/5: 1.10 miles
    6/6: 6.27 miles
    6/7: 6.51 miles
    6/9: 10.02 miles
    6/10: 3.15 miles
    6/11: 5.51 miles
    6/13: 6.52 miles
    6/14: 6.02 miles
    6/17: 10.02 miles
    6/18: 4.02 miles

79.57/125 miles completed for June

I did not want to get up this morning and I had a hard time getting going. I did get out, but only had time for 4 miles. There isn't really much to say about it. It was hot and windy.

exercise.png