Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    [quote="

What a complete boob your husband. I would've thrown his ramen in his lap. I have no tolerance for that kind of nonsense.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

As far as I know, he still hasn't eaten any food. I offered to make him lunch but he said he wasn't hungry. He wasn't feeling good(sugar too low-he is diabetic) so he ate candy.
    He eats so much junk food and is totally stressed over things that aren't really a big deal but to him they are- Says he is doing everything all on his own. No one helps him with anything.(when he is in a pissy mood, no I don't want to help but I do help with a lot of things that he doesn't even acknowledge)

Lynette- He said more than once that he hopes his actions will "take him out" as you put it.
    Just to be over it. No thought about son or I. Says we will be better off because he has life insurance.

Thankfully I have class tonight. No class Wed. but I think I will see if I can find someone to walk during our class time.

Flea baths for the kittens yesterday.
    They are cute but boy do they like to get into things when they are out of their playpen.
    l6rafa0p84z4.png
    dts9mod3z6ej.png

All you can do is you. You know we are all in the drivers seat of our own lives. He chooses this kind of life, like you choose to make food for him and settle for how he treats you. If it was me, I would have bags packed up to live with your dear mother. You know that's your happy place. We just care about you. You deserve more.💖🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Well said!

I'd be right there with you packing my bags.

If not that, then I would stop cooking and start doing more away from the house. Actually I did exactly that with my first husband. I never did cook for him, and when I grew weary of life at home, I started cycling longer distances so I didn't have to be there.

M in Oz

Count me in on the packing bags. I certainly wouldn’t be around much and definitely would not cook or make any special effort for him.

In fact, when the mister acts up, I call him out and he shapes up a bit.

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Tracey you were on my heart when I woke this morning. Can you help me understand the 30 hr/wk limit? Does it relieve the county of the responsibility to pay overtime or benefits? What hours would you work? Would it be possible to work part time for a local bookkeeping outfit to supplement income? It grieves me to think of the children missing out on your help.
    BTW what are Freezie sleeves?

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Tracey-sorry you got covid and John too,it kinda sneaks up on people..Dan and I had a nice morning,I dont get to spend alot of time with him so its nice,he talked to the people for about an hr when picking out frames about Star wars and all the other spin offs and things he was in his element lol.
    Then he wanted to take me to lunch,his idea of lunch is Taco Bell - yuck.. told him to just get me a diet soda
    Then we came back and he went home
    Well ladies I did it.
    I booked my bucket list cruise 15 day cruise that leaves from Copenhagen on August 19th 2026 and ends in Boston on Sept 4th its on the Sapphire Princess , and will visit the shetland islands,Ireland, Scotland,England transatlantic to Canada and Nova Scotia and finally Boston.
    Im hoping to try and talk Dan into going with me ..that would be fun.. but for now its just me.. will get insurance for sure
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    edited June 21
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka-Instagram is not for sharing lots of photos. You can upload several at a time, but that isn’t the intent. It’s designed more for selfies in front of Stonehenge, for example. I don’t do more than 2 or 3 at a time. I find all social media frustrating at the moment.

Tina in CA

In that case, I will stick with Flickr!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - I was curious about the Covid rules here in Alberta. All rules were abolished in 2022 and currently only high risk people here can be vaccinated. It says there are some rapid tests available at pharmacies, but they probably have to be paid for.
    Kids are able to come to school with colds and such again here already. Who knows if it’s Covid or not.

WOW!

And yes, we pay for our tests too. We bought a package of 5 (I think) for something like $50-$60.

They just adjusted the vaccinations here so that if you're under 75, you only need vaccinations once a year. We'll get our annual vaccination soon.

Rita - I think the world has trouble with signs now, but I think it’s sort of a sign fatigue situation. During Covid at the manor we had staff tell us that there were so many signs that they didn’t even notice them anymore. Then, of course, they were shocked when they found out they had missed things.

Tracey in Edmonton

I agree! One kitchen at a former workplace was plastered with signs. It just became hazy noise in the background.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    b42mq5a1htob.png

Tomorrow we'll have about 2 seconds more daylight!!

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    edited June 21
    Options
    We can buy 10 covid tests for less than £10 on Amazon. It worked perfectly.
    John has had 8 jabs. The last one was fairly recent. As he is 78, I'm glad about that. I have had 5 jabs. The last one was last year.

My hip is more painful this morning. I guess it might be the covid. Or it could be I overdid it yesterday with the Waitrose unpacking! Plus, the bottom of the scar is a bit puckered, where one of the dissolvable stitches isn't quite dissolved.
    I still haven't come out with the full-blown 'cold' that John had, so I haven't tested yet, but I have all sorts of achey, sneezy, annoying things. I'm treating myself as if I have it, so keeping away from people.
    The DEXA people didn't seem too bothered, but I postponed it anyway, as I didn't want to be worrying about it. It may be a bad cold to most people, but to some, like my friends, it would be a big disaster. P's husband is flying back from Gibraltar for her double cataract op, and the whole family and grandchildren have had to rearrange their lives. My friend G has terrible autoimmune problems, she thinks caused by covid, of flare ups in the knee, and horrific bullous pemphigoid, for which she is still on steroids.

So, a quiet day, being kind to myself. We have the other half of John's Lancashire Hotpot for dinner, so very easy, with some tender stem broccoli. I will make egg sandwiches for lunch, as we have some lovely granary wholemeal bread. Our lettuce and rocket pots outside the back door are flourishing! An abundance of green stuff. Definitely will do it another year, whenever we are not going away in June. (Watering and picking leaves)
    We also have a beautiful deep pink rambling rose from next door breaking into prolific flower next to the dining room window, and the geranium is ready to go into overdrive!
    When DDIL came to pick up Edie last Saturday, she remarked on how peaceful and restful our dining/art room was. It seemed like she had walked into a whole other world. It is surrounded by deep green, prolific growth, and is sooooo quiet most of the time. We run a wildlife garden, so it is super abundant with green and wildflowers. And anything that finds its way in. Big windows. Truly an oasis.

Tracey - I dreamt about you most of the night. Can't remember what, but I might have been you!!!!

Beautiful sunshine outside. This room is east facing. Glorious.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx