WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,965 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,693 Member
    Just a quick pop in this morning. We are going a celebration lunch at elder daughter’s for youngest grandson’s 21st birthday.

Our shower is out of commission as DH is regrouting the tiles.

Rebecca: Your food choices are always interesting. I like your appetite correction. I think I need more of that in my life.

Michele: 💗 Tigger.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,416 Member
    I'm from south Louisiana. New Orleans area.

Carla in Louisiana

Hi Carla,

I'm Canadian-Australian, but my brother and his family live in Louisiana. :)

We've been down to see them once. Unfortunately we haven't been able to travel for a while. He and his kids evacuated to Houston a few years ago when a hurricane came through. They're scary!

Machka in Oz

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,484 Member
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,178 Member
    edited July 7
    Lanette I do not log my food...I added up the plant foods in my breakfast it was 11 plants including spices and herbs. It would take too long to list all of these. My goal is to have at least 5-7 plants, spices herbs, a fermented food, and a good protein in my three meals a day. No wheat, corn, or soy if at all possible.

I am on a plateau of 162 pounds. Which puts me for my height at 25 BMI. Blood pressure now normal, gum disease improved, and no sinus infection.

I gradually went on this diet and did at first use gluten free baked goods. I no longer buy these. I will occasionally make pancakes out of almond or coconut flour. If I notice a food disagrees with me I eliminate it and try to reintroduce it slowly. One tbsp to start.

(((Carla))) Take time when you can to take care of you...Your plate is beyond full.

In many of the talks I have listened to stress affects the gut. Making it harder to lose the weight you are trying to lose. Tools are to live mindfully and take time to meditate and or deep breathe.

With a change in diet and a life with so much less stress my belly fat is much less. Saying No even to fun things if too stressful (Like friend going to New York to see the fashion history exhibit and going to the Twins Game on the fourth of July) has worked for me.

Michele Love Tiger!

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,946 Member
    Morning all
    I have to remember not to coke zero late in the afternoon😬
    Didn't sleep well ..
    Its hot and muggy today here. So we are staying in.
    Rebecca- I was thinking of getting some of those chai latte protein shakes..but when I looked at the ingredients its alot of chemicals..
    So Im still thinking about it.. I need to keep my protein up to at least 40 a day.