WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited July 9
    Today is Cows (love those hairy ones in the picture) sugar cookies and Rock and Roll! Can’t go wrong here!
    aa03v76osjta.jpeg
    db2yxcqm69do.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,140 Member
    Yesterday was leftover day. You should be able to recognize everything from my past pictures. Our leftover days are just as good as the first time around! My veggies were in the pasta fazool.

nmp3x3qv7pkv.jpeg

Rest of day: breakfast: instant oatmeal low sugar, butter, almond butter, 1/2 banana
    Peach on a biscuit with cool whip
    DH gave me a pudding cup he had frozen for me.

101 calories left over from day.

RVRita in Roswell.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,669 Member
    That's a beautiful picture, Rebecca. Do you know where on 30 the lodge was located? On the west side of crown point Vista house, there was some kind of women's retreat center, but it was well off the highway, so I couldn't see if it was a lodge.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

stauk7mauxq9.png
    7mpqj8ni1zi6.png
    ikjw8gstfdyp.png
    Here's some info about it. Its on my bucket list one day! There's seems to be a really pretty historical library. So I would imagine my grandmother is in there somewhere.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: the abundant hot water in the gym’s shower.
    Made it to the 3rd BB&B class, got down on the floor for the mat work. Struggled to sit up diagonally, just don’t have the abs to get up. Got less than an hour of line dance class but managed to walk the dogs down to the powerline meadow before completely running out of steam.
    Heather not sure I could walk upstairs with a cup of tea in each hand. Bravissima! What you said about ultraprocessed foods. Also what you said about sugar, my downfall.
    Machka Ah sunflower seeds, when the pepitas are gone I know what I’ll be munching! ((hugs)) for your mixed feelings. ((hugs)) Joe and I were friendly acquaintances for three years before we “got together”.
    Annie your Dad’s intention to visit his childhood home made me sad. ((hugs))
    Lisa LOL! Thought I was the only one who killed aloe vera plants? Lost all but one this spring. Hope no damage/impact from the dregs of Beryl? IMHO after what you’ve been through sleep is more important than yoga. Your body heals when you sleep.
    Lanette really hope you get the temperature drop we got today. Salad and cold cuts sound way more appealing than restaurant food in the heat.
    Beth belated happy birthday? Any word of hope or timeline for your Mom’s new facility?
    What you and Margaret said about peace lilies applied to the ficus my cousin sent when Mama passed in 1996. Moved it from California to Idaho then to Oregon and avoided killing it until last month. Mixture of sad to see it go/relieved to have lighter more space/less guilt and grief.
    Carol brava for doing your exercises in prep for the 22nd. Praying all goes well at the dentist and your recovery from surgery is quick and complete.
    Rebecca your family resemblance to your grandmother is strong!
    Margaret, thanks, especially for the confirmation of every six weeks for the Interceptor and not to give it at the same time as the NexGuard. Which essential oils do you put in DrewB’s bandana?
    Rita that pasta bowl looks delish! Con VERY grats on the success of the new eating plan.
    Allie :love: this sMyles pic, prayer said for your brother. . . and for your health issues.
    Tracey yours to Machka. Perfectly caring and truthful, just like you.
    Monique what kind of work do you do with your babies?
    Jean we love classic movies and popcorn too! Praying your appointments tomorrow will be positive and helpful.
    Joe will talk to the water guy tomorrow. Fingers X’d he’ll commit to a job finish date, and keep the commitment.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

I kind of look like both my maternal and my paternal grandmothers.😁. My family said that I got my love for singing from my paternal grandma that in the photo there. My maternal grandmother could whistle with a vibrato and everything.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Ws
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,978 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/kids- 2hrs 8min 28sec, 41elev, 2.81ap, 84ahr, 157mhr, 6.11mi= 586c
    Strava app = 748c

*lucy in buggy after 2.75mi, Chispa after 4mi*
    Walk home to dentist then gym- 15.34min, 80ahr, 103mhr, .75mi= 72c
    Strava app = 92c
    Treadmill jog- 29.50min, 6.0&7.5sp, 146spm, 136ahr, 165mhr, 9.37min mi, 5k (3.1mi)= 306c
    Walk gym to home- 10.59min, 2.76ap, .53mi= 61c
    Strava app= 65c

Total cal 1025. Home from the morning walk just before 7:30am.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,807 Member
    Barbie ... glad the tooth extraction went well!

Barbara ... yes, my birthday was on the 4th! Good memory!!

Beth near Buffalo
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,693 Member
    Wet and uneventful day today. I got lots of indoor exercise thanks to YouTube, and sorted away the equipment from my groups until September.

Will be up early tomorrow to do weekly shopping.

Tracey: Sounds like providence has brought that job at just the right time. Michaela is a smart cookie. She will understand.

Allie: At least it wasn’t to bad. As you say, could have been much worse.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Whidislander
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I survived the dreaded wisdom tooth extraction this morning. I didn't eat or drink for 12 hours, got up early to walk he dogs for 90 minutes before coming home and taking pre-surgery meds. My friend picked me up and drove me to the oral surgeon where she came in and got directions from them. It was over in less than an hour and other than some pre op chatter among the staff preparing me, I remember nothing My friend walked me to her car and help onto me since I was so unsteady; I am still a little goofy and unsteady on my feet. No pain meds yet, but I am prepared with acetaminophen and ibuprofen and some stronger stuff from the pharmacy. I have been able to eat my Isagenix shake and a bowl of yogurt and jelly. Thank you to all of you for your encouragement. Jake has been very helpful.

:)Carol, I am thinking good thoughts for you and your upcoming knee replacement surgery. There were many people in my line dance class with knee replacements who danced with abandon and also hiked and rode bikes. I wish the same great results for you.

:)Heather, many good thoughts to you and you head toward your other hip replacement.

<3 Barbie in super hot NW WA

So glad everything went well!!!! Youre a rock star!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Today I needed eggs, toast and hash hrowns. Woke up thinking about it! Was able to manage a feast, yet my numbers were fairly good. I am amazed that I only ate 4 grams of sugar when My fitness pal allotted me 60. Stayed under my salt intake but was just a bit over in carbs, fat and calories. On the good side my peace sign is great.
    k7wapyil5udv.png
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,691 Member
    Hi
    Reading, trying to catch up. More later, but for my kitten people.......
    Kittens got their first shots today and I know the vet said they might be sleepy.....which is true, they basically haven't moved much since came home. But Tori keeps crying when she moves her leg or it is touched. Is this normal? I hope they feel better tomorrow......

Thank you!
    Kylia a worried kitty momma in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,978 Member
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,116 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    Hi
    Reading, trying to catch up. More later, but for my kitten people.......
    Kittens got their first shots today and I know the vet said they might be sleepy.....which is true, they basically haven't moved much since came home. But Tori keeps crying when she moves her leg or it is touched. Is this normal? I hope they feel better tomorrow......

Thank you!
    Kylia a worried kitty momma in Ohio

yes, it is normal. she will be better soon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,565 Member
    edited July 10
    Today’s gratitude: Joe spoke with our neighbor today. Parts ordered. Soon as helpers are done with current job, will install control box, move and connect tank and “talk about” sanitization system. Hopeful, but I am so very weary of rinsing dishes and vegetables with store bought water… and I think Joe has been sneaking some state park water into the cooler. It tastes sooo metallic [grumpy].
    Snack last night pushed weight up this morning. Note to self . . . :rage:
    Lisa what you said about friends to take the emotional load for each other and the intense thoughts we don’t want to share with our husbands. My BFF was a tall blonde lady in California and I miss her muchly. All the wise gals on this thread help lighten the load.
    Margaret thank you so very much for the pest preventative recipe. Do you use any kind of carrier oil or medium?
    Beth, no memory, kept list of bdays as they came up. Just have to remember to look at it ;)
    Rosemarie love hearing about your yoga retreat, and your peaceful morning times on your deck. Are there back roads you can take to Asheville?
    Rita the hairy Highland “coo” is my favorite too!
    Rebecca that Menucha retreat center looks very appealing. Do you whistle with vibrato too? ;}
    Barbie glad to hear you remember nothing from the extraction. That’s what I’d want too!
    Debbie liked hearing about your Ft. Bragg/Navarro first honeymoon. I slept in the back of my ’76 Toyota Corolla liftback SR5 with my two dogs, when my solo camping trip got snowed out and the Kennedy Meadows lodge didn’t take credit cards. Since then, I’ve always kept a check in my wallet. ;}
    Kylia sleepy/lethargic, yes, normal. Crying when her leg is touched or moved? I’d call the vet and ask, especially if that was the leg that got the shot.

No PT or wii games today. Instead, invested two hours in the side yard, clearing the way in case they come to roll the tank in close to the pump room. I’m bushed ;}

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,965 Member
    B)