LESS Alcohol ~ JULY 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 278 Member
    I slept real good last night, but I’m still tired. I was so tired yesterday, I didn’t go for my walk. I won’t make it into the 180s doing that!🙁

I forgot to give myself my b12 injection on Saturday, so I’m wondering if that’s the issue. Will administer it after I finish my lunch. Hopefully, in a day or two, I’ll have renewed energy. If not, then I’m going to go to the doctor. He took me off my iron supplement last appointment, but I’m thinking he shouldn’t have.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 686 Member
    @Womona - congratulations on 27 years of marriage! Sounds like you did celebrate big! Well, there are certainly times in our lives when it seems warranted and we do just that! And, I like your plan to make small changes over time. I have heard that is the best way to tackle a food/drink habit we want to change-little by little wins the race.

@NonnieDoiron I wonder if being tired is part of transitioning into your new job and the mental energy you’ve had to give to your MIL. For me, it helps to consider all the why’s and find it usually temporary and we just need to rest. I take B12 supplements each day but the shot sounds interesting.

Same goal today - to keep within calories limits and maintain serving sizes on all food/drink.
    Doing okay and feeling less bloated after all the recent travel. Want to keep that goodness going!

Planning no A for tonight as I also scheduled a Pilates class for early tomorrow morning.
  • NonnieDoiron
    @Michieb125 you could be right. There’s a lot going on in my world. I had been on iron for years though. After my son’s cancer treatment 10 years ago, I was diagnosed anemic and almost made to go to the hospital because my doctor was scared I wouldn’t recover with just continuing my iron supplement more regularly. ( I had stopped taking all my vitamins/medicines during that time because I was overwhelmed with his care.) It took several months to get back to normal, but it worked.

B12 shots are great. I had a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in 2004, but the supplements weren’t working to keep my B12 up. So, the doctor prescribed monthly injections. I can definitely tell when I’ve forgotten my shot though. lol

AF - 14
    A - 4

Making my mom’s birthday cake tonight, so no drinking. I will probably have a glass of wine tomorrow at dinner with my mom as we celebrate. But, I may go without depends on how tired I am.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,421 Member
    11 AF
    7 A
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,122 Member
    July:
    AF = 7
    A = 12
    AF on Wed, yesterday and today wine/champagne.
  • tmbg1
    12 AF
    7 A
  • NonnieDoiron
    AF - 14
    A - 5

Changed my mind and chose a A day. 1 glass of wine. Won’t be able to drink tomorrow because I will have to drive the 2 hrs home in the rain after celebrating mom’s birthday.

@SparkSpringtime69 I just did the shot yesterday around 1pm. It’s now 9pm, and I’m feel like it’s starting to kick in a little. I didn’t walk today because I still felt tired, but I will probably walk in the morning before we head to my mom’s. So, feeling a bit more energetic.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 686 Member
    edited July 20
    @SparkSpringtime69 your challenge sounds amazing and I can relate to your comments about wine calories big time! You will have to keep us posted on progress 😊

Current:
    AF days - 8
    A days - 11
  • SparkSpringtime69
    @NonnieDoiron glad to year the B12 is kicking in. Ugh, 2 hours is a long time to drive in rain. I hope it holds off for your trip. Have a great time with your Mom.
    @MissMay I love a good dry prosecco; it's great you can enjoy such a nice gift and then jump right back into AF mode.
    @AF_Brat I thought the AF was alcohol free too, never thought about the Air Force :). It sounds like you had a fun childhood, although I imagine having to change schools wasn't always fun.
    I'm having the same plan as you tonight, tv and a nice herbal tea.
  • tmbg1
    12 AF
    9 A
  • SparkSpringtime69
    July:
    AF = 8
    A = 12