Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,949 Member
    ic7f228qufjp.jpeg
    *** August 18 ***

Happy Sunday All~~

Sara - Thank you for the updates. So much going on with you, for sure. When will your next biopsy procedure be? I'm sending you good vibes in advance ✨
    That's so kind of you to help out with dog stuff for homeless guy. 🤗
    Enjoy that eye candy! ⚽️ 😉

I have been sorely slacking on exercise, and the scale has been tracking the junky eating.....
    Today I'll be doing a little better 👍🏻

Waves to any new visitors 👋🏻

Lana

270.6 today
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 19
    6o2fgcllcrcc.jpeg
    *** August 19 ***

Happy Monday y'all~

Well, I managed to get some water exercise yesterday. I think that we have another decent day today weather wise, so I'll do that again.

I made a pork tenderloin yesterday. When they are on sale, they are inexpensive, and they are quite lean and make several meals for me.

* 🌴 waving at Pierre for more black coffee ⛱️*

Lana

270.8 today
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 655 Member
    Hi, all. I’m nearly 5 weeks out from surgery and planning to go back to work next Monday, half time. Recovery is going well.

Sara, thanks for the tip on soccer. I enjoy watching but haven in years. It might be fun at start at the beginning of the season.

Lana, I agree with the “never give up” approach. I have weathered the past 4 weeks pretty well and maybe even am a pound or two down. As my activity will tick up as I return to work, it seems like a good time to recommit to logging.

Cheers,
    Maureen.
  • LanaCabana537
    gr5jym1ijbzs.png
    *** August 21 ***

Good morning all~~

Here we are in the middle of the week~
    Time for me to snaffle around the kitchen for some breakfast....
    Wishing everyone a good day.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

270.6 today
  • __BAAABBBYYY
    __BAAABBBYYY Posts: 1 Member
    HELLO! Is anyone still using this thread? Hoping some community activity will keep me accountable. I'm a serial re-starter - deleting my MFP account mid-binge makes the food taste better and keeps me eating longer. I've honestly probably made 50+ accounts............ HELP
  • mkculs13
    Hi to all. I’m not doing a very good job sticking to my fitness plan. The walking is going well but I eat too much. Sigh. Such an old story.

How’s everyone else?
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    Good Afternoon all!

Can’t believe this is the last week of August! My next class starts up in mid October, tooth seems to be healing (still a little bit of a hole), but getting closer to being in the onederland club (6.7 lbs to go!). Doggies are doing good. The youngest had his annual and bloodwork this week just waiting on results. Aqua class is going great as well as Zumba. Eating has gotten better, still need to nix the ice cream but it’s a process lol.
    Went to a local country fair with a new friend and actually won a couple of the carnival games. Told the new friend they are good luck! lol summer is nice but so looking forward to fall. Think the huskies are in the same boat as me.
    Been cleaning all morning- trying to get some early fall deep cleaning and purging done. A family friend had read and posted on their Facebook about the book “The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning”. Ordered the book, haven’t read it yet but do need to purge stuff I don’t need nor want. Maybe make some $$ in the process. Still need to paint these walls. Have the paint but need to clean first.
    Plan on checking in soon. Didn’t realize how much time had gone by been busy!

Hope all is well with everyone!

~Missy

CW 206.7
    SW 228.8
    GW 110-120
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Everyone~~

Missy - glad to hear all of your news and that the puppers are doing well.
    Maureen - hang in there
    Waving hello to Baby 👋🏻
    Sara - I hope that you are having a decent weekend ⚽️

Where did the day go today?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,374 Member
    good morning,

Made baked macaroni and cheese. Got tired of asian food. Now I can have some variety.

Missy - good to hear you are doing well slow and steady works well in both weight loss and cleaning house.

Maureen no guilt trips here. Do your best whatever that is.

Lana - getting pools exercise. Variety seems to be my word today - boredom is the death of good intentions.

Rain and snow in higher elevations - very rare for August. Dont worry we are back into 100's in couple of days.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    bin5os8is3p4.jpeg
    *** August 25 ***

Happy Sunday All~~

Sara - your mac & cheese sounds yummy and comforting 🤗

Today is going to be a sunny and beautiful day. I have some exercise and reading on tap.

Waves to all who pop in later on 🌴

Lana

271.2 *sigh* starting over again today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    Morning!

Lana I agree Sara’s Mac and cheese does sound yummy and comforting. It’s another gorgeous day here too! Going to continue clean out and maybe take my grandma out for lunch.

Sara, yikes rain and snow?!?

Maureen, you got this. I’ve done the same.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

~Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    yuv5ukmagahf.jpeg
    *** August 26 ***

Good morning all~~

Missy - yes, the whole east coast has been having some glorious weather, but they are forecasting some hotter temps coming our way. According to my sister in Redwood City, her area of California will be heating up this week, which means Sara may be having the same thing.

I need to cook some of the vegetables I bought last week. What to do with that huge cauliflower? I was thinking of soup, but it's probably best to just steam it to have later either hot or cold....

*🌴waving at Juan Carlo for some more black coffee ☕️🌺*

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    25lryn4cmi31.jpeg
    *** August 27 ***

Good morning all~

Just getting us started.

BBL

Lana

271.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,374 Member
    Good evening,

Fell asleep waiting for groceries - roast your cauliflower, Lana.

Hottest day of week is today and then it will be in the upper 80's and upper 90 and then another wave of 100 next week. Fall temps are very welcome here we just have to wait awhile.

just kicked my scale but I have done worse. I have a pedicure Saturday this will be interesting.

Boss home for rest of week and has next week off. Collective sigh of relief...

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    z861x2djv021.jpeg
    *** August 29 ***

Hey there everybody 👋🏻

Sara - The Boys are planning several days of parties to celebrate The Dragon being gone for a while.
    Tonight there will be plenty of dancing 💃🏼🕺🌴

Right now though, it's time for a nap to chase away this headache 😴

Lana

• LanaCabana537
    mzy07px8zv24.jpeg
    *** August 30 ***

Wow everybody - we made it to Friday 🎉

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Lana

270.6 today
  • LanaCabana537
    7621hm6v7d3w.jpg
    *** August 31 ***

Good morning all~~

Evidently the sun is taking the morning off here in NC. However, the coffee is top notch, and I'll be hitting the shower soon.

My sister out in CA is going to an art fair today to benefit a volunteer fire department. I need to see what sorts of charity events might be going on around me--get out there and do something different.

Wishing everyone a great day today 🌷

Lana

270.4 today
  • mkculs13
    September! Wow. A very fast year, 2024.

I’m almost 7 weeks post op on my right total knee replacement. Started working half time last week—exhausting on Monday, less so each day after. Will be going back full-time tomorrow bc I was denied FMLA for the remains 3 weeks at half-time that I requested. That sucks, but oh well.

We had a gorgeous cool wee the week before I went back, and right on schedule the higher temps returned with the students. It will start to get cooler at night soon, though. And day temps won’t be quite so high. And it won’t get super hot and humid again until mid to late June 2025–so we will hav almost 10 months of great outdoors weather. This is why I love NC.

I haven’t lost an ounce yet but today is another day.

I just hate logging. It seems time consuming. Any tips?

Take care and good luck with your journey too.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited September 1
    xj72lmk777fz.jpeg
    *** September 1 ***

Good morning Maureen~

Sorry to hear about your work situation. Take care of yourself as best you can.

My bestie Monica is a weight loss success story; she does Weight Watchers. She's been at or near goal weight for decades.

She made her life easier by always eating one of two breakfasts; a huge salad for lunch, which always had hard boiled eggs, canned corn, free veggies, and her favorite salad dressing. She always had a piece of fresh fruit in the afternoon, and the same points of a snack at night.

That left only her dinner that needed to be calculated and logged. She keeps a "menu book" of the 20 or so dinners she likes to make. So once she did the tracking on those meals, she didn't have to calculate them any more.

You've got me realizing I should take up this sort of good program for myself! Ha ha!

Waves to all who stop by later on~

Lana

271.4 today
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 75 Member
    Um, hi. I'm Kelly. I've been away from myfitness pal for a long, long time. Like, 4 years, maybe? But a member for soooo many years. When I logged in last week, it gave me an "Ancient Member" award, LOL. I got off track when my husband and I retired in 2020 and moved from Virginia to Florida. It was a big change, and two different houses in two years (long story!) But here I am again, having again got to my personal line in the sand regarding weight. I know what to do and how to do it. Logging always helped me. The one thing that hurt my feelings was the "days logged in streak" counter. The day I lost my "xx thousand days streak" was the last time for me. Can I turn that off? How do you all not get tore up over it? Sounds silly, but it matters to me. Anyway, here I am again. About 25 pounds to lose (@ 160 and only 5' tall) and need to cut back on the booze.