WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2024

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,995 Member
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Monique The link will be posted sometime Saturday. Just click amd bookmark. You will find us.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,532 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,616 Member
    My 'short nap' turned out to be nearly two hours! :o

Now for my film.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,088 Member
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,217 Member
    @Lannette, I do have a container garden but it did not do well at all this year. It was too hot in June, so plants didn’t get a good start. I plan on planting some beets and snow peas the end of September and will see how that works. First time I’ll try that.

Michelle, Golden Corral was $19 a person the last time I went, I think it was a couple years ago now. This time, It was 13.99 plus a dollar off because we are over 60. 12.99 is doable for me. That’s about what you’ll pay going to a fast food restaurant and we can choose what to eat and how much! DH eats a LOT when we go there!

I didn’t take a picture of yesterday’s lunch. I made a salad with Romain, cucumber, and onion, olive oil and wine vinegar. DH made us hamburgers, I add some cheese and green sweet relish to it with a dinner roll on the side. Simple but good!

The open house at the Adult Center where I teach was a busy. Only about 5 people came to the computer class and 3 of them wanted advanced Excel classes, not beginner classes. I told the manager that I would have to think about doing one of those. She was talking about a one day (2 hour) workshop instead of a class. IDK, I’ll have to wait on what happens. Classes start next Thursday and I doubt anyone will sign up. I’m just going to have to take my name off the teaching list. I haven’t taught a class since last fall and that was only for 6 weeks! Oh, well, we shall see!

RVRita in Roswell
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,217 Member
    I have been reading some suggested readings from my diabetes class and found this one very interesting. To summarize, healthy eating of ‘raw’ foods (non-processed) is always best but avoiding foods simply makes you crave them, and subsequently over-indulge in them. This article refers to ‘Intuitive Eating” which I didn’t know was a ‘thing’ until I read this, but it makes a lot of sense. Check it out if you want a different take on eating: https://www.rachaelhartleynutrition.com/blog/intuitive-eating-101-beginners-guide-to-intuitive-eating

RVRita in Roswell