Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

AUGUST 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    You've got this @WarmJellyfish !

Nice job ignoring Hal @kgirlhart . Glad it's a little bit cooler.

@AmunahSki Congratulations on your 5K PB! You are doing great. I agree that this group is great for sharing and motivation. Most of the people I know IRL could care less and just don't understand. Enjoy your visit (and run) with your son and dress shopping with his fiancé. Congrats to them. What is a lie in?

Wow! Amazing @tarun_yadavA !
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 476 Member
    Hi everyone!

Unlike @tarun_yadavA I did not run my final 6.1k for my 200 miles in such a cool style! Great job!!!

My body seems to have recovered from overheating yesterday and the run was enjoyable. It rained last night which meant the slugs were out in full force and weather wasn’t an issue. Since I have 15km of racing tomorrow and probably should have taken a rest day today, I took it easy today :). I am excited to see how I do in the obstacle course, as they usually also involve lots of upper body strength which I have done zero training for. I am sure it will be fun regardless of whether I can complete the monkey bars and co ;), but it would be nice if I could.

322.1/270 km for August.
  • WarmJellyfish
    WarmJellyfish Posts: 53 Member
    @quilteryoyo thanks!
  • quilteryoyo
    @AmunahSki I don't know how I missed responding to your question earlier. It is the lap/segment button that I push...am supposed to push. I wish it would just go from warm up to the drills, but it doesn't. More times than not, I'll hit the stop button instead and notice it AFTER I did the first drill. Yesterday, I did hit the segment button, but it wasn't registering a cadence, so I thought I had hit stop, hit stop to start and it did stop it, so it was all messed up. LOL

@Laurz9191 I'm glad you recovered from yesterday's hot run. Congrats on reaching 200 miles! Enjoy the obstacle course tomorrow. I'm with you with not having any upper body strength, hence one of the reasons I am going to the gym. You're going to do great!
  • WarmJellyfish
    WarmJellyfish Posts: 53 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    No running. I’m on summer vacation and am either doing nothing or walking up tiny volcanoes 😅

Do tell about the tiny volcanoes....
  • quilteryoyo
    Enjoy your vacation @yirara !

Great running @martaindale !

Thanks @AlphaHowls ! It is really hard to believe that August is over already!

You are doing great @SummerSkier ! You'll get to 1K miles in the first week of Sept, I'm sure. It's hard to get those miles in when being active with other things.