Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

MY 100 POUND JOURNEY

Replies

• lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 862 Member
    Update:

August start weight: 314.0

August end weight: 305.2

Total weight loss: 8.8lbs
  • 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 161 Member
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    Update: August start weight: 314.0 August end weight: 305.2 Total weight loss: 8.8lbs
    👏 Good Girl! Keep going.

• 7freshflowers
    Be careful. I wouldn’t wish Gallstones on my worst enemy!
    2s23lcsb0m2o.jpeg

• jo_casey42
    jo_casey42 Posts: 115 Member
    Hello. I'd love to join this group. I'm doing WW but still love the MFP challenges and community. I feel like we are all doing the same thing and it's nice to have somewhere to be accountable. I am on a personal growth journey as well, reading a lot of books about nutritional science and habit formation. I event joined Masterclass to try and learn from all these experts in the world about different topics, like learning to cook from a professional chef for example. It's super interesting. I love reading everyone's comments and stories on here too. It's very motivating!

Have a good week!

SW 253
    CW: 230.8
    GW: 153
  • 7freshflowers
    jo_casey42 wrote: »
    Hello. I'd love to join this group. I feel like we are all doing the same thing and it's nice to have somewhere to be accountable. I love reading everyone's comments and stories on here too. It's very motivating! Have a good week!
    SW: 253 CW: 230.8
    Hello Jo-Casey. My name is Lisa. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. You're off to a good start. You've already lost 23 pounds. Keep up the good work. Happy to have you here. Thanks for joining us. Looking forward to reading your "comments and stories."
    🥦 🌽 🥔

• 7freshflowers
    5dzf9m58abiu.jpeg
  • jo_casey42
    jo_casey42 Posts: 115 Member
    @7freshflowers thanks for the warm welcome!!

I weigh in daily and sometimes it's frustrating seeing the day to day fluctuations but it keeps me accountable with what I eat knowing I have to step on the scale every morning so I'm going to continue doing it. I lost 1.8 this week! Feeling great about that.

One pound at a time.

SW 253
    CW 230.4
  • Ivyoutdoors
    Ivyoutdoors Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 5
    Hi everyone, I am just starting out, again. I'd ultimately like to lose 100 pounds, but will have to break that into smaller goals for myself. Would love to join this group.
    PS: Also looking for MFP friends.
  • 7freshflowers
    il39q4t4upkm.jpeg

• Nutbugs2
    Nutbugs2 Posts: 60 Member
    Be careful. I wouldn’t wish Gallstones on my worst enemy!
    2s23lcsb0m2o.jpeg

I had them back in the '80s. It was so bad that I had to go and for emergency surgery. I have almost a 2 ft scar across my belly. Nowadays they can do it laparoscopically but back then and because of my situation I didn't have that opportunity.
  • lislisa123
    @Ivyoutdoors Hi, I agree with making small goals. It’s nice to have a big goal but you need small goals to get you to your goal in the end. It can be overwhelming and intimidating if you just focus on losing a big amount of weight. It’s best to start small and work your way up. I, myself, still have a lot to lose but I make small goals along the way. Right now my goal is to reach 300/299. Next goal will be to reach 290/280. Best of luck on your goals and welcome!

• Nutbugs2
    @Ivyoutdoors Hi, I agree with making small goals. It’s nice to have a big goal but you need small goals to get you to your goal in the end. It can be overwhelming and intimidating if you just focus on losing a big amount of weight. It’s best to start small and work your way up. I, myself, still have a lot to lose but I make small goals along the way. Right now my goal is to reach 300/299. Next goal will be to reach 290/280. Best of luck on your goals and welcome!

Exactly. Right now because I have so much to lose I'm just doing 20 lb goals. If I can reach each of those 20 lb goals then I'm going to considerate a win. Cuz any little bit is going to be helpful for my body, my heart, and my mind.
  • lislisa123
    @jo_casey42 Congrats on the dress victory and soon to be marriage.
  • 7freshflowers
    edited September 8
    Remember to eat enough IODINE rich foods to prevent HYPOTHYROIDISM. Here are some:

x8bc9td87szf.jpeg

• Nutbugs2
    Remember to eat enough IODINE rich foods to prevent HYPOTHYROIDISM. Here are some:

x8bc9td87szf.jpeg

Absolutely! I eat many of those things on a weekly basis. This is great advice and reminder!
  • 7freshflowers
    edited September 11
    Hello Girl-friends, It's been S-L-O-W going, but today I weigh 303.8. Only about 4 lbs from the 200's. I'm trying not to back track. Last week, I ate an entire Costco pumpkin pie in only 2 days. Couldn't resist it (but I did leave off the whipped cream). So far today I've eaten a big bowl of Malt-o-meal hot cereal with a tablespoon of sugar and a cup of coffee. I'm on track.

Occasionally, I go on Youtube and watch MY 600 POUND LIFE episodes to remind me to be careful with what I eat. It's so sad. My heart goes out to those people. I know how easy it is to get out of control with your weight. It has to do with a lot of factors. Most people don't understand that and make fun of Obese people. But we understand, don't we?

h86ez4dcvp16.jpeg

• lislisa123
    Hello Girl-friends, It's been S-L-O-W going, but today I weigh 303.8. Only about 4 lbs from the 200's. I'm trying not to back track. Last week, I ate an entire Costco pumpkin pie in only 2 days. Couldn't resist it (but I did leave off the whipped cream). So far today I've eaten a big bowl of Malt-o-meal hot cereal with a tablespoon of sugar and a cup of coffee. I'm on track.

Occasionally, I go on Youtube and watch MY 600 POUND LIFE episodes to remind me to be careful with what I eat. It's so sad. My heart goes out to those people. I know how easy it is to get out of control with your weight. It has to do with a lot of factors. Most people don't understand that and make fun of Obese people. But we understand, don't we?

h86ez4dcvp16.jpeg

I completely get it. I was bad last Friday and got Chili's takeout for dinner and dessert. It was nice to indulge for a change but the scale was not nice the next day. I worked my butt off exercising the rest of the week and stuck to my healthier eating and lost weight.

I'm 300.4 lbs! I finally reached 300, just waiting to get to 200's again.

I used to watch My 600lb Life but it's so depressing and put me in a funk so I stopped watching it. I like watching the weight loss shows with challenges and where you can see people lose weight on the scale more often. I watch The Biggest Loser Australia, I like it better than the US version and a few seasons are up for free to view on YouTube, channel Resay if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/@RESAYtube

• 7freshflowers
    I'm 300.4 lbs! I finally reached 300, just waiting to get to 200's again.

Yay! Lisa. 🎉 You’ll be in the 200’s before you know it. Well done. 👏 😀

• Nutbugs2
    jo_casey42 wrote: »
    Reached a new decade today!!! I've been following the program and doing good getting my steps most of the time. I find I don't snack as much anymore and I don't crave sweets. If I really want something sweet then I'll just have one jolly rancher or a sucker which lasts a while and isn't too many points. It usually takes the edge off. My fiancé isn't following a program or anything but he eats what I eat and he is losing too! So proud of him. We're getting married early November and we are so excited. Can't wait to be his wife. And then Mexico right after!!! I just had my final fitting for my dress and after losing 22 pounds it fits SO MUCH BETTER and just looks perfect. Very happy.

Have a good weekend everyone!

SW 253
    CW 229.4

One of the things I've been doing if I want something sweet is frozen grapes. Oh my gosh I forgot how sweet they are and how awesome they are when they're frozen. It's something I did as a kid and for my kids when they were younger and I'm bringing them back to my diet.