Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,960 Member
    lha6wyb7mmqd.jpeg
    *** September 16 ***

Happy Monday all~~

There is a storm coming through, so lots of rain today.

Other than that, things are dull here.

Sara, you sure do have options for Asian food, and I am envious! Good for you, and wishing you easy going with that walking challenge!

Time to flop into a chair and chill before a simple dinner.

Lana

269.2 today
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,182 Member
    Good Morning! I think I was a member of this group the last time I (unsuccessfully) returned to MFP to get my weight under control. But this time, it's for real. I am back on plan. I hope you will accept me here again.....I miss the newsfeed, and other groups offer little motivation. This is day number 8 and I am on my way down.... it feels great!
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning all~

Hello Crochetluvr!! Good to see you again! Congrats on being on your way down!

It's another day of gloom and rain here....I don't want to walk outside. Dang.

*tossing beach bag and library book onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

268.6 today
  • LanaCabana537
    WEDNESDAY September 18th

Good morning all~~

I cannot load an image today--something odd on MFP site. Darn.

I woke up in a fog this morning, truly: outside is spooky and misty. It's nice to see.
    The sun is trying to break through.

Wishing everyone a good day today 🦋

Lana

270.0 today
  • Crochetluvr
    edited September 18
    Good Morning again!

Thanks LanaCabana....good to see you too!

Today I get my Covid and flu vaccines. Then I have to get my blood work done in preparation for my Endo appointment on Monday and then see if I can get my nails done....my little reward to myself.

My sugar numbers have been really good this past week from being back on program. Not long enough to have a real effect on my A1c, but that will come.

Supposed to be rainy the next couple days. We do need the rain, but the humidity I can do without. I hate to run the a/c for that, but I may have to.

Have a good one! Keep on!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited September 20
    7y6zknq184nz.jpeg
    *** September 20 ***

Good morning all~

Crochet - where do you live? I'm in Chapel Hill, NC and I'm in the same boat with the rain, humidity, and running the HVAC. I'm happy for you that your sugar numbers are getting better. That's a big one 👍🏻

Yesterday evening I needed a snack and came up with a decent combo of chick peas, Margaret Holmes (?) seasoned Italian green beans, mixed in a little bowl with a drizzle of olive oil. I didn't look at the can of beans to see what nasty stuff might be in there, but the snack did hit the spot. Much better than eating baked carbs.

*🌴 💃🏼 Sara is at the DJs stage ordering up the music for the Friday Happy Hour - Yay! 🍹 🌺 🌴*

Waves to all who stop by later on~~~

Lana

269.2 today
  • Crochetluvr
    Good Friday Morning all!

Lana, I'm in New Jersey, not far from Philadelphia. Seems we didn't get the rain as expected....just the humidity. Ugh.

I have been eating a homemade fruit salad this past week for a snack. Not totally perfect for a diabetic but I don't eat thar much of it at a time. It's frustrating that foods that are good for you still have a lot of carbs, but my numbers are still well in range....118 as I type this. And I think I will record my weight as well...185.6. I wish my sugar was my weight....LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Sandy

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,380 Member
    edited September 21
    Good evening,

My monthly eval was just delightful, my production tanked and I told them I was waiting for new glasses (the eye dr office failed me and did not call to say they were there- that is their sop so I do not nag them). When dragon started in on how long I would be out after my biopsy/ d/c and I had no idea - how would I know? Things got nuclear. Manager had to verbally step in and explain why my boss wanted to know. I dont care why, I still dont know.... right? I sent them both an email saying I will see dr 2 weeks ahead of apt and will ask the question - I would like to phrase it my ana1 retentive boss wants to know exactly how long I will be off work? That was not in the email.....

Oh yeah, manager is getting promoted and I wonder if the person replacing her will hold dragon in her cage or not. There is a walking challenge at work and I am beating the boss, indirect satisfaction and getting the scale to go down works for me.

breathe deep

Crochetluvr - welcome back, this is an open chat board. Life finds us all and we cant always post, I am trying to do it more often as well. Lana has been holding down the fort (thank you).

I get music choice tonight and the cabana -- rock we can dance to!! Yeah baby.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Crochetluvr
    Good evening!

I had a busier day then planned. I did get my hair cut and although she had to cut it shorter than I like, there wasn't much choice as I had her cut out the old perm. It will grow out by the holidays, though. Then my daughter called and she took me to lunch at Panera. I am not a big Panera fan....she likes it there....but I did well. Had salad and chicken noodle soup, which I counted as lunch/dinner. Then had fruit as a snack tonight. I could have eaten more legally ..ha, ha...but I decided not to.

Tomorrow more organizing. I sure hope I get it done in the next couple days. My living room is filled with stuff.

Tilliesmommy, thanks for the welcome back! I know life happens for us all. But I will be around....no quitting this time! Great job on the walking challenge!

Gonna get the sheets out of the dryer now and make my bed. Goodnight!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,478 Member
    Good Morning!

Welcome back @Crochetluvr ! I’m not much of a Panera bread person. Organizing can be fun. I’m doing the same but with my basement, freezer… my mom has diabetes and she gets frustrated with the carbs. So many foods she used to love she can’t have anymore.

Sara, hope work gets better. Sounds frustrating about dragon. Hopefully new boss can get her under control.

Lana, that sounds like a good snack! Hopefully the humidity ends. We had sunny cool in morning and warm in afternoon. Getting rain this weekend.

Getting my cleaning and organizing done before the next class starts next month. Got through the freezers and tossed a lot of stuff that I wasn’t eating and that has gone past its Best Buy/Sell By dates. Next up is fridge and pantry, vacuuming, dusting. Wash the walls I’m going to try to get to today. If not will pick a night during the week to do. Washing floors might have to wait until it’s not so wet out. Dogs, rain and dirt don’t fair well for floors.

Need to make sure I eat healthier. I was less than 7 pounds from being under 200lbs then gained like 4 pounds. Frustrating with the next class coming up and will have to stay away from gym to get classwork done. At least after this course I’ll be halfway through.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

~Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    bfwtt8epy2z3.jpeg
    *** September 22 ***

Good morning all~

Just rushing through.
    BBL

Lana

270.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Sunday,
    Hope there is Fall where you are - we are still in the 90's so not yet.

Laundry and handwashing dishes done. Made honey/garlic soy sauce chicken with spinach and udon noodles. 6 servings in freezer - for lunches coming up. Frozen little pizza for dinner.

Contemporary jazz last night to walk my steps. I just keep walking in "circles" until I get there -with drinking water of course.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Crochetluvr
    Good Evening!

So far, a good day. The Eagles won....waiting to see of the Phillies win.

Did a lot of organizing in my spare room. I have been saving bubble wrap for several years and it's been taking over the closet so I am going to see if anyone nearby can use it....hate to just throw it out. And I was able to vacuum the carpet in there for the first time in probably a year! I got a new vacuum cleaner and it works great. I found more things to donate and a few to pass on to my grandkids. One more day and I should finished. Then I can do some cleaning in my living room and decorate for fall.

Great with the walking, Tilliesmommy1! I have a walking DVD that I have used in the past. But now that the weather is cooling off, I will be walking outside more.

Drinking water and watching baseball now. Enjoy the rest of your evening!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited September 23
    axhwpbck92cn.jpeg
    *** September 23 ***

Good morning ☀️

Sara - Your asian meals sound wonderful! I am envious 😋

Sandy - Good for you on the cleaning/organizing. A new vacuum cleaner is great!

I have "one of those rooms" that I've begun to tackle. It has taken the place of an attic or garage, and oh boy is it full of junk. I started on it yesterday.....

Lana

270.6 today
  • Crochetluvr
    Happy Monday, all!

Lana, thanks! And good luck with YOUR room. I find a lot of people have rooms like mine. But I have anxiety issues and it was gnawing at me for SO long. I have a "friend" who actually offered to come over and help me....I was elated! That lasted all of 15 minutes. I was a combination of disappointed and even more anxious. I wish she hadn't come at all. But the moral is, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. So I am. And I won't be accepting help from that "friend" again.

Had my Endo appt. this afternoon. A1c is down from 7.4 to 6.4....a good decrease. Should be able to get it down further by the time I go back in January. She asked me if I wanted to try another semiglutide prescription. I thought it over and decided no. I had bad side effects with Ozempic so I will lose the weight on my own. I did it before...I will do it again.

Back to my room...and see how much I can accomplish. Lunch was a BIG salad...I am satisfied. Enjoy the rest of the day, everybody!

Sandy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

I have a bad habit of not getting fruit in my diet so dinner is cottage cheese/dark chocolate granola and frozen fresh blueberries.

I arranged to get my pre op apt, my psychiatric apt and my medical clearance/ekg on same day in that order so I am not taking extra days off work. I will take my knitting.

Listening to music I am meeting up with old songs I have not heard in so long. Ending my day reading murder mysteries at the moment. Light enough to engage mind.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    m74dbwukpkf2.jpeg
    *** September 24 ***

Good morning everybody 👋🏻

Sandy - that is great news about your A1C 🎉

Sara - I recently heard that listening to music we love can raise our endorphins. I believe that's true 👍🏻

It is raining cats and dogs here - I'll be going to an appointment in one hour. I hope it slows down by then. It seems that there is rain scattered all over the country.

Time to get into the shower.....

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

270.6 today
  • Crochetluvr
    edited September 24
    Good morning!

Tilliesmommy1, I am going to miss the local fresh fruit. I did get some apples thar are in season but the rest of the fruits are going away. The ones shipped in always have so little flavor. So it's back to frozen for me, too. And wow....I wish I could get all my medical appt's on the same day!

Thanks, Lana. I expected a drop, but not such a good one. It's a great NSV for me! Stay dry, too!

I have a baseball game this evening....Phillies and Cubs. Phillies won the NL East last night! There will be baseball in October! Today I am taking the day off from the spare room....will work on it Wednesday....hopefully will be finished.

Going to get my Atkins shake for breakfast now. Have a great day!

Sandy

TMW - 183.4
  • gemwolf110
    edited September 24
    Hi all

Are you seeing a page 868 and blank screen? Idk maybe it’s my phone. Weird. Will check in later have to bring one of the pups to the vets for a recheck (ear yeast infection)

Missy

dj6rlwaawlex.jpeg
  • gemwolf110
    Couple days late but better late than never.

vewx6yu1o5o4.jpeg